Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: December 9, 2011
4.8
Mixed or average reviews based on 92 Ratings
WATCH NOW
survivorfan989Mar 20, 2013
Didn't go into it expecting too much but was pleasantly surprised It's corny I'll give it that but it's also an enjoyable film to watch, plus it's fun guessing what's going to happen next! The all-star cast works well together especially theDidn't go into it expecting too much but was pleasantly surprised It's corny I'll give it that but it's also an enjoyable film to watch, plus it's fun guessing what's going to happen next! The all-star cast works well together especially the couples linked with one another. It's similar to other films with large casts like 'Love Actually' and while not as good as that was it's still a decent effort and it will hit the right audiences, so overall it's worth a shot. Expand
GagaForGhibliJun 6, 2012
This Is A Good Movie!
Why All The Bad Reviews?
paulgreenFeb 23, 2012
Really best! One of my favourit!
JoaoRodarteDec 18, 2011
Ok, I bet you guys are wondering why I am giving to this film such a great score, so there it is: I went to the movie expecting to see any movie that would made me feel better, and it brought it. I think that people aren't seeing that theOk, I bet you guys are wondering why I am giving to this film such a great score, so there it is: I went to the movie expecting to see any movie that would made me feel better, and it brought it. I think that people aren't seeing that the beauty of the movie is exactly its simplicity, and how possible its happenings are. If you are looking for a smart and brilliant movie you shouldn't watch it, but if you are searching something that have the power to make you feel better about your own life, go for it. Thanks a lot for reading. Expand
willfarnworthDec 12, 2011
Having read reviews about this film on the cinema's website and from reviews in newspapers and on this site, I was expecting to waste two hours of my life watching the worst film ever, until I was talked into it by my girlfriend.

Frankly,

Frankly, the reviews do not do it justice. Whilst it is true that it is a bit predictable, if you are looking for an easily-watchable Christmassy movie and nothing more (e.g., a true chick flick, feel-good plot) then you will enjoy it. It is basically an American & New year version of "love actually"; mirroring it in every way down to the emotional story lines, theme, ensemble cast, etc...

My girlfriend cried like a baby during it, and without giving away too much, Robert DeNiro's storyline was particularly moving... Although I would never admit it to her, my eyes got a bit watery during that part too. I must have got something in my contact lenses!

Aside from being a little predictable, the only other negative points are Lea Michele's lip syncing - which hasn't got any better since the first episode of 'Glee', and the UNBELIEVABLY white teeth of most of the cast. I can't really deduct points for teeth though...

By the way, If Ashton Kutcher is reading this; you look like an unwashed hippy with your long hair and beard - go back to your look from 'The Guardian'.
Tara61May 1, 2012
It all comes down to what you expect before you start watching the movie. I expected cheesy, sappy, chick flick and basically this is what I've got. However, I was surprised by some of the stories (Michelle Pfeiffer & Zac Efron, JoshIt all comes down to what you expect before you start watching the movie. I expected cheesy, sappy, chick flick and basically this is what I've got. However, I was surprised by some of the stories (Michelle Pfeiffer & Zac Efron, Josh Duhamel). I would like to point that Michelle & Zac have a very strange chemistry and their story seemed believable and offered hope. This movie is a great holiday movie as it awakes optimism and strengthens the belief that finally everything will be alright. Everything else, really doesn't matter... Expand
JgatzJul 24, 2013
I've watched this movie plenty of times and I get the same good feeling every single time. Anyone that loves the holiday season will love this movie. Bon jovi is the only negative part of the movie for me.
lukechristianscDec 17, 2015
It's so predictable what were you expecting? It's made by the makers of "Valentine's Day" and director Gary Marshall (Pretty Woman and Runaway Bride) also screenwriter Katherine Fugate (writer of Valentine's Day) not to mention some of theIt's so predictable what were you expecting? It's made by the makers of "Valentine's Day" and director Gary Marshall (Pretty Woman and Runaway Bride) also screenwriter Katherine Fugate (writer of Valentine's Day) not to mention some of the cast members are in this, Marshall does a great job with making the film magical and glossy. It has some touching moments a few heartwarming scenes that's the only thing Fugate does right. It's New year's eve (the film's title)! In New York one night to promise love, hope, forgiveness, second chances and more. The mother daughter story: Kim (Sarah Jessica Parker) is a single mother she thinks her teenage daughter Hailey (Abigail Breslin) is a child, Hailey wants to do is go out with a boy named Seth (Jake T. Austin "Wizards Of Waverly Place") so she can kiss him at midnight. Hilary Swank plays Claire, who's in charge of the city's big tradition, the ball drop in Times Square something goes wrong so they get the grand Kominsky (Hector Elizondo who also starred in Valentine's Day) to fix it. The Ex's meet again story: Katherine Heigl plays Laura a chef who is cooking for a New Year's Eve party for a record company, she runs into her ex Jensen (John Bon Jovi) who's a rock star performing at that the party. The New Year's resolutions list story: Ingrid (played by the great Michelle Pfeiffer) after almost having a near-death experience, quits her job at a record company, asks Paul (Zac Efron) a messenger to help her achieve her New Year's resolutions list. At a hospital, Stan (the great Robert De Niro) who is in the final stages of cancer, who only wants to see the ball drop, his nurse Aimee (Halle Berry) is staying with him, who is making sure he is okay. Giving birth on New Year's Eve story: Tess (Jessica Biel who also starred in Valentine's Day, what is this a Valentine's Day reunion?) and Griffin (the funny and talented Seth Meyers) a couple who are expecting, want to be the first after New Year because of the available cash price; but they have a competition when another couple (Til Schweiger and Sarah Paulson) who wants the money and is about to give birth. Stuck in a elevator story: Randy (Ashton Kutcher) not a fan of the big holiday because something happened is on an elevator with Jensen's back up singers Elise (Glee's Lea Michelle) are stuck on an elevator. Sam (Josh Duhamel) who is out of town, he is trying to get to New York, to find the love of his life he meet last New Years. I liked this movie the acting was good despite wasted, it has a few great stories. Grade B- Expand
audreythomas25Feb 9, 2016
A nice comedy movie that is very light and funny

Watch here for free http://www.watchfree.to/watch-28560f-New-Years-Eve-movie-online-free-putlocker.html