New Year's Eve

4.9

1. Dec 14, 2011
    This is a stylistic followup to "Valentine's Day," which was fun. It's directed by Garry Marshall and features an enormous name-laden cast, including De Niro, Swank, Berry, Kutcher, Pfeiffer, Efron, Biel, Bon Jovi and Heigl. They star in multiple scenarios that revolve around the last night of the year and they all do a good job. The moviemaking is competent and the pacing never lags (howThis is a stylistic followup to "Valentine's Day," which was fun. It's directed by Garry Marshall and features an enormous name-laden cast, including De Niro, Swank, Berry, Kutcher, Pfeiffer, Efron, Biel, Bon Jovi and Heigl. They star in multiple scenarios that revolve around the last night of the year and they all do a good job. The moviemaking is competent and the pacing never lags (how could it with so many stories?), but there isn't enough comedy and it tries to be too heartfelt. As a result, it's just busy and flat. Expand
  2. Dec 7, 2012
    Likable cast, but completely pointless. I honestly have no idea why this movie was made. Overall I was entertained, but it left no mark on me whatsoever.
  3. Mar 21, 2013
    Same as the first cliche, A-List actors to bring in the money, predictable, ok plot but this one tries a little to hard, but I prefer this to the first. The movie as the same as the first are only for the months it portrays Only watch the movie in December and January. Every other month it will probably be boring. I mean I like it I just only hate Ashton Kutcher he really can't act all heSame as the first cliche, A-List actors to bring in the money, predictable, ok plot but this one tries a little to hard, but I prefer this to the first. The movie as the same as the first are only for the months it portrays Only watch the movie in December and January. Every other month it will probably be boring. I mean I like it I just only hate Ashton Kutcher he really can't act all he does is either overact Yell, Scream, Childish. or underact boring, and stupid I dont like him in anything other then those What Happens in Vegas series thing. But I say watch New Years Eve in Dec and Jan. Expand
  4. Dec 12, 2011
    Even though New Year's Eve is nowhere near the worst film ever ("The Bounty Hunter" comes to mind) it's true to say that it is not good. However, if you are prepared to play a round of "spot the false teeth" then you are in for a treat! Does anyone in Hollywood have their own teeth these days?. My advice? Go with a bunch of girlfriends but make sure you have a very liquid lunch/dinner first.
  5. Feb 8, 2012
    It wasn't so bad. Obviously it wasn't a colossal or a block-buster but it was enjoyable. The acting it wasn't for a Oscar nomination but it was funny sometimes.
  6. Jan 27, 2012
    If you go in expecting an Oscar contender, of course you will be disappointed. But if you enjoy a cute story and a cavalcade of stars who make you laugh often and cry at least once, you won't be.
  7. Dec 17, 2011
    how delicious for critics to sink their teeth into and lambaste movies. i'm an armchair critic, buti kinda liked this one. consider all them boy gets girl/boy loses girl/boy gets girl twaddle flicks that've fared better than news years eve.
  8. Dec 23, 2011
    this movie was exactly what i thought it was going to be...just like valentine's day ( which i was not impressed with either). for having such a talented cast don't you think they could have made a better movie?? some of the sections were very slow too, i almost fell asleep in parts. I still think however, this was a fun holiday movie!
  9. Jan 13, 2012
    I'm giving this a mixed review - it was a pleasant surprise in that it wasn't your usual typical cringe-worthy rom-com but I feel the director tried way too hard to have an A-list packed cast. I think it's a shame when this happens because there's so many aspiring actors who can act much better than Jon Bon Jovi.

1. Reviewed by: J.R. Jones
    Dec 12, 2011
    Even with the bar lowered, this seems appallingly bad, a lazy assortment of weak punch lines, sentimental music cues, and trite situations.
  2. Reviewed by: Mary Pols
    Dec 12, 2011
    New Year's Eve may be the ugliest movie of the year, from the garish lighting to the heavy make up and bad costumes.
    New Year's Eve. It's big and shiny and crowded and no matter how much you might look forward to it, it never lives up to the hype. The movie is even worse.