5.8

1. Sep 6, 2010
    I've been to New York and seen the good side of it. I don't want to see the bad side of it. If you want to watch this movie with me,LOL! Don't see it.
  2. Jan 11, 2011
    Thiz movie is an anthology about different kind of love stories in the setting of New York. It is also a reincarnation of 2006s France movie, PARIS J TAIME. A full All-Star Casts and directed by many well-known Directors. The movie contains about eleven segments (which I approximately counted). Each Segment has unique style and combines in one atmosphere. I know it is very hard to criticize thiz kind of film where each segment could be the weakness or the strength of whole film itself. So these are my evaluation based on impression that left to me. Mira Nair segment tells about a glimpse of love, played by Natalie Portman. Portman also made her directing debut in one of the segments, which it revolves around a little girl and a man spend some time at the park, Later We knew that man was her father. Portman direction only tried to describe the situation. Shekhar Kapur segment is the most thoughtful scene. We should take time to muse wisdom inside. It is about love, tragedy, and the meaning of life. The roles played by Julie Christie, Shia LaBeouf, and John Hurt. The script made by the late Anthony Minghella. Yvan Attal and Allen Hughes segments were more about passion and lust. Attal segment it starred by Ethan Hawke and Maggie Q. It underlined love seduction. Hughes part is more about sex and the hesitation that comes along after one night stand relation, played by Bradley Cooper and Drea de Matteo. The Brett Ratner segment is probably the most easy-watching part. It is about unique prom night story. This Part played by Anton Yelchin, Olivia Thirlby, and James caan. I think Thirlby gives a delightful performance here. Ratner direction is on pop-standart level. And finally, the most hilarious part is about an old-couple. The dialogue is so tickling. Thiz segment is directed by Joshua Marston. The other segments for me just come through without any deep impression. Other Casts are: Hayden Christensen, Rachel Bilson, Andy Garcia, Orlando Bloom, Christina Ricci, Shu Qi, and many. In overall, NEW YORK, I LOVE YOU could not gives maximum freshness that what we have seen in PARIS J TAIME before. However, the transition of various New York landscape between one segment and with the others is very smooth enough. Thiz movie maybe is not a specific movie about lovers, but more about love in universal way.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  3. Oct 21, 2013
    I just couldn't get into this movie at all. The different stories just didn't seem to mesh sometimes and I keep hoping to get clarification for some and I never did. I just felt overwellemed watching it and nearly turned it off at one point. I was expecting something better than what I got.

1. Reviewed by: Erica Abeel
    Most of these linked "shorts" succeed remarkably in nailing the serendipitous flavor of love, New York-style.
  2. Reviewed by: Jay Weissberg
    The results are, well, formulaic, hobbled by weak dialogue and absent any sense of texture.
    Oddly, the filmmaker best known for his Valentines to New York, Woody Allen, is not participant.