5.8

1. E71
    Jun 2, 2013
    I almost never write reviews but the intense negativity towards this movie really ticks me off so I had to say something.

There are so many crappy movies out there achieving high ratings yet this one, which both kept me entertained throughout and wanting more when it was over has become subject of a crucifixion.

I confess that I didn't watch this movie about the time it was released
    because of how low the scores were (under 5.0 on IMDB at the time) and now that I have seen it I'm shocked at how cruel everyone has been. In fact, I think a lot of people made the same mistake as I have, basing their decision not to watch the movie on the ratings, because its IMDB rating is now over 6.0.

It's not an Oscar winner, but it's got a clever script, is entertaining, has the beautiful Jessica Biel in it and deserves a lot more than the low ratings it's been given.

Honestly, I think you haters either have insurmountable expectations or your taste in storytelling has decayed to the level of super cheesy action flicks like the more recent Die Hard installments.

1. Wildly ridiculous and thoroughly entertaining thriller.
  2. In Next, a crummy action and speculative-fiction hybrid, Nicolas Cage plays a guy who can see into the future two minutes at a time. It's too bad that Mr. Cage couldn't tap into those same powers of divination to save himself from making yet another inexplicably bad choice in roles.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Fox