6.2

1. BobK.
    Oct 3, 2008
    Maybe 13 yr olds will think it is clever.
  2. JefferyS.
    Oct 10, 2008
    Every skinny-jean wearing teenager's wet dream. Unlikable characters + zero laughs = no fun.
  3. McKenzieA
    Oct 12, 2008
    this movie was a joke. me and all my friends left the theatre wondering what the hell happened. we are all teenagers..which was the audience this movie aimed for and all 6 of us hated it.
  4. JerryJ.
    Oct 16, 2008
    Sheer garbage. I love Michael Cera... but this is a sad cliche programmed for 13-16 year olds with low self-esteem. Ironically, it's faux-awkward gimick is so blatant - it's unintentionally awkward. Completely self aware and poorly written.
  5. AndrewS.
    Oct 25, 2008
    A disclaimer: I loved Juno, and didn't expect to, in fact probably didn't want to. I had a bad feeling on this one but went along anyway, encouraged by my wife. This is one of the ten worst films I have ever seen. It literally feels like something made by old guys in an ad agency after a bunch of focus groups. Do not waste your money or your time. (PS My wife concurs).
  6. Jun 8, 2012
    I like independent movies and music. I like them not because they're independent, but because they break away from the mainstream to offer something different. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist is the sort of movie that celebrates indie for indie's sake while attempting to appeal to the masses. It's a calculated, soulless trod through a calculated, soulless evening with calculated,I like independent movies and music. I like them not because they're independent, but because they break away from the mainstream to offer something different. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist is the sort of movie that celebrates indie for indie's sake while attempting to appeal to the masses. It's a calculated, soulless trod through a calculated, soulless evening with calculated, soulless characters. There's not a bit of humanity in the thing. Sure, it can be seen as a celebration of the city at night, of underground music, of young love, etc. But if there's going to be a movie celebrating those things, shouldn't it be at least a little bit fun? The dull proceedings begin and end as just another Michael Cera vehicle. I have nothing against Cera, but filmmakers and producers seem to think just putting him in movies will work. Not so. He makes for a dull, meek protagonist who has what the movie thinks is excellent taste in music. Kat Dennings makes for a similarly dull, meek love interest; imagine a manic pixie dream girl as realized by a twentysomething Andie MacDowell. It's no surprise when sparks fail to fly. The movie is fairly typical for its ilk, relying heavily on cutesy moments and lame attempts at understated humor. None of it is cute or funny, making for one of the most boring trips through NYC with some of its least interesting inhabitants, a night on the town for those whose bedtimes lie between 9:30 and 10:00. Nothing of importance or interest is ever at stake, and it constantly shows; when Nick and Norah seem pretty apathetic about what they're up to, why should an audience care? And the word "Infinite" definitely fits in the title; though the movie doesn't quite reach ninety minutes, it feels like twice that. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist attempts to blend indie and mainstream sensibilities the way successful independent breakthroughs have, namely Juno and Little Miss Sunshine. With those movies, it worked. Here, it forms a toxic combination, devoid of anything resembling life or soul. Expand
  7. MilesM.
    Sep 30, 2008
    Simply horrible...what a waste of my paycheck.
  8. RyanM.
    Feb 9, 2009
    Slowly paced, rather boring. Promising young actors though, just poorly utilized. Weak script, not many laughs. More of a teenage romantic comedy.
  9. AaronM.
    Feb 13, 2009
    Poorly acted, poorly written. I didn't care about any of the characters, and music did not play as big a role as we were led to believe it would. I wanted my 90 minutes back.
  10. JennS
    Apr 21, 2009
    An annoying film with annoying characters who shared zero chemistry.
  11. JesusH.
    Oct 1, 2008
    The mentality this movie attempts to present is already played out, even before you enter the theater. Completely one-dimensional.
  12. Andrew
    Oct 20, 2008
    The movie was at all times painfully aware of its teenage audience and was constantly trying to impress them with that hip offbeat humor that only Juno was been able to capture.
  13. DaveW.
    Mar 5, 2009
    This movie was somewhat entertaining to watch, but don't expect to get much out of it. From the title, I assumed Nick and Nora were together, which they weren't. The majority of the movie is spent looking for a concert from a band that does poor advertising, and judging by the size of the concert, should probably advertise their venues, rather than not telling anyone. The only This movie was somewhat entertaining to watch, but don't expect to get much out of it. From the title, I assumed Nick and Nora were together, which they weren't. The majority of the movie is spent looking for a concert from a band that does poor advertising, and judging by the size of the concert, should probably advertise their venues, rather than not telling anyone. The only thing that was really accomplished in the movie, was Nick and Nora getting together, which I assumed we would have started with, given the title. Expand
  14. WillM.
    Oct 9, 2008
    If you're a prepubescent kid you might enjoy this movie. Otherwise, save your $10.
  15. StevenL
    Oct 15, 2008
    this movie is a six, but i downgraded it because i could have watched burn after reading or body of lies instead. remember jay from knocked up? apparently he's a badass in this movie. at a whopping 150 lbs., he is clearly the biggest guy in the movie. maybe not, but still. my name is whatever you need it to be? i don't subscribe to any label? this movie has been done 1000 times this movie is a six, but i downgraded it because i could have watched burn after reading or body of lies instead. remember jay from knocked up? apparently he's a badass in this movie. at a whopping 150 lbs., he is clearly the biggest guy in the movie. maybe not, but still. my name is whatever you need it to be? i don't subscribe to any label? this movie has been done 1000 times and 500 times better. the ride is predictable, all the funny parts are shown in the previews, and nothing is really that funny. skip it. Expand

1. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    This is the kind of sparsely plotted comedy that depends on compelling characters, but it stars two young actors defined by ironic detachment.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    Plays like something crafted in a lab by 54-year-old hucksters trying to sell shit to the kids under the cheerless guise of "alternative." The only thing it's an alternative to? Good.
  3. So much goes down on Nick and Norah's one enchanted evening that the best advice is to enjoy the ride -- the actual ride -- around this vibrant new New York.