Columbia Pictures | Release Date: October 3, 2008
6.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 134 Ratings
WATCH NOW
EricM.Feb 5, 2009
I never written a review for a movie but I had to due to the harsh treatment this one was receiving. I felt something for the characters and that says a lot. IIt was a little cheesy at times, but thats fine, with these types of movies you I never written a review for a movie but I had to due to the harsh treatment this one was receiving. I felt something for the characters and that says a lot. IIt was a little cheesy at times, but thats fine, with these types of movies you have to lose yourself, it's fiction after all. Expand
2 of 3 users found this helpful
AislinnP.Oct 5, 2008
This movie was straight up amazing. It is real life. Love it!
JamesC.Oct 8, 2008
I went with some friends; we enjoyed it, and thought it was funny, and a little gross (in a good, hilarious way).
OmarG.Feb 5, 2009
It's a great movie, from beginning to end. Idiots will demur.
MonicaP.Oct 22, 2008
The movie Nick and Norah
ChadS.Oct 4, 2008
The Feelies. The Feelies are from Hoboken, from Nick's neck of the woods. If Big Dipper merits a place on his wall-of-fame, so should the Glenn Mercer-led band who were like The Beatles of New Jersey during the mid-to-late eighties. But The Feelies. The Feelies are from Hoboken, from Nick's neck of the woods. If Big Dipper merits a place on his wall-of-fame, so should the Glenn Mercer-led band who were like The Beatles of New Jersey during the mid-to-late eighties. But Nick is a New Yorker now(The Magnetic Fields are from N.Y.C.), an incoming student the Berklee School of Music(Big Dipper is from Boston), so this Garden State defector just isn't in a New Jersey-state-of-mind anymore. So you want to know what Nick is all about? Just look at his room, a veritable shrine to a kind of music, an ethos that rebelled against corporate rock which went through several name changes over the years, starting with punk(college music, post-modern, and alternative were all applicable at one time or another) and ending up as indie-rock, for the time being. For lack of a better word, Nick is a hipster. He's a Generation Y William Miller(the Cameron Crowe-alter ego from "Almost Famous"); he missed both Kennedy the president and Kennedy the MTV vee-jay. But the bassist from "that gay band" has an old soul. A poster of The Buzzcocks hangs proudly in his room. The Manchester punk rockers aren't vintage to the extent of another former-Hoboken resident, Frank Sinatra, but Pete Shelley and his mates started recording thirty-three years ago. "Ever Fallen in Love(With Someone You Shouldn't've)" is the new "Strangers in the Night". Anyway, the success of "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" hinges on Nick's indie cred. Luckily, he met Norah(Kat Dennings), his musical soulmate, in the nick of time; fifteen more minutes with Tris(Alexis Dziena) would've resulted in him losing all his indie cred. Tris is the sort of girl who secretly loves Maroon 5, but pretends to be into The Arcade Fire, just because of the Montreal band's cool cachet. In one scene, Norah's sturdy indie cred goes toe-to-toe with Tris' own shaky indie cred, when Nick's ex forgets the "Where's" in "Where's Fluffy?", a band so elitist, they make themselves inaccesible to their own fans. The film frustrates, like all rom-coms, in which the audience is way ahead of the protagonist, who's painfully slow to recognize which way true love lies. But then it finally happens. To paraphrase Bono's intro to U2's cover of The Beatles' "Helter Skelter" from "Rattle and Hum", "This is a song Tris stole from Hot Chocolate, well, Nick is stealing it back," and gives it to Norah; his electric lady, his sexy thing. "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" is about being young and alive on a Friday night. It's also about being in love with music. Expand
JasonP.Oct 4, 2008
Very funny movie. Quality acting and a killer soundtrack.
CAE.Oct 5, 2008
Solid film from start to finish. This movie defines a generation of emo kids, hipsters and modern day rock. In addition, it emulates relationships that are more authentic than surreal. Great laughs, great soundtrack, great time.
martinOct 9, 2008
maybe even an 8....this is the first pg 13 movie that made me laugh out loud in a while... well hancock did, but that wasn't supposed to be funny... at least not the parts i laughed at. but its worth the theater ticket, it is a good maybe even an 8....this is the first pg 13 movie that made me laugh out loud in a while... well hancock did, but that wasn't supposed to be funny... at least not the parts i laughed at. but its worth the theater ticket, it is a good movie to see with your girlfriend that she will like and you will laugh at too. Expand
AdamC.Oct 12, 2008
A completely insane night out. Lots of laughs to be had. Believable acting. A great postcard for New York City night life. All in all, a great film with a well thought out premise and a satisfying conclusion.
MichaelMarcinkusOct 13, 2008
Everything a movie should be. It loses you in the moment and you feel like you are a part of the characters' lives for a night. Lessons are learned without being hit over the head with a hammer.
RobertP.Oct 4, 2008
It's pleasant enough, with a lot of heart, and is quite realistic. Maybe for the teenage, young college set, but then again, the reviews so far my indicate that older adults should take a little bit more from this. Quit being such It's pleasant enough, with a lot of heart, and is quite realistic. Maybe for the teenage, young college set, but then again, the reviews so far my indicate that older adults should take a little bit more from this. Quit being such bastards. Is life really that bad? Expand
MikeB.Oct 11, 2008
Very enjoyable, raunchy enough to be cool but not raunchy for raunchiness's sake. Clever and funny but with a lot of heart.
KingmushMar 21, 2011

My real infatuation with this movie has to be the whole idea. It's very indie music heavy which is what I'm steeped in in real life. So I can relate very well. I also really like indie romance flicks so this movie has the best of two worlds for me. With that being said I don't blame any of you if you hate this movie, it's very genrelized and it works in my opinion.

Humor wise I thought this hit the spot, just enough laughs for me and none that were over the top really. The storyline had it's moments where it was a little stale but for the most part the other parts outshines them all. I say def check this out if you haven't already and especially if you like music, being hipster, romance and Micheal Cera.
CorporalRutlandApr 26, 2011
A charming little film, and Cera's chemistry in this with his opposite number (Kat Dennings' Norah) was far more endearing than that he had with Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Ramona Flowers in Scott Pilgrim, where the romance we were supposed toA charming little film, and Cera's chemistry in this with his opposite number (Kat Dennings' Norah) was far more endearing than that he had with Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Ramona Flowers in Scott Pilgrim, where the romance we were supposed to buy into just came off as cold and rigid.

This said, a bit like the same Scott Pilgrim, Infinite Playlist has as much to owe to its supporting cast - Nick's bandmates in particular stand out in much the same way his flatmate and hangers-on did in Scott Pilgrim.

Indeed, you'll have to forgive the direct comparisons, as it's what the other half and I kept doing while watching it. You'll definitely enjoy this if you like Cera's other more recent work. While I'd say that it's lightness on the obscure Indie references makes it accessible to the majority, it is a relatively straightforward film where some character development is sorely lacking.

We were agreed it's a good little watch for a quick, cute movie, but I think a lot of our enthusiasm was carried by Cera's presence and Dennings' own performance.
TodlfMay 10, 2013
One of my favorite movies of all time! Micheal and Kat acting is amazing. All of the funny jokes and cute scenes. This movie will make you smile al the way through.
StevenFMay 20, 2013
Michael Cera finally grows up in this film, he is more confident, clever and his onscreen chemistry with co-star Kat Dennings is believable and enjoyable, yet the film itself plays a muddled and sometimes frustrating game.
Nick (Cera) is
Nick (Cera) is depressed over the break up from his girlfriend Tris (Alexis Dziena) and spends his time making countless CDs for her in the hope that she will take him back. Tris continuously throws the CDs away, but another girl in the form of Norah (Dennings) is listening, and realises she has the very same taste in music as this person she has never met before.
When they happen upon each other when Nick and his music band of gay friends are playing, they are immediately taken with each other in the most awkward of ways, much to the dismay of Tris, if she can't (or doesn't want to) have him, no one can.
As Nick and Norah set out with Nicks friends to search for Norah's drunk friend Caroline (Ari Graynor), they continue to get to know each other in a very limited yet effective capacity, awkward conversations and extended glances at each other.
The film jumps to many different stories throughout the run time that doesn't benefit the main plot of the film, it really should have been just Cera and Dennings, their combined capabilities in front of the camera are not fully explored in the film, and while the film is a decent flick, it doesn't quite reach the mark it seemed to promise at the enjoyable opening, it started with funny moments and decent character set up, but then brought others into the equation and lost its path.
But the surprising pace of the film, which plays out at a steady but sometimes meaningless pace, is benefited by its brilliant soundtrack, with plenty of feel-good tunes and in the moment sounds. The other characters, mainly Nicks gay friends, make up for most of the comedy of the film, but the real humour does come from the dialogue between Nick and Norah, which obviously plays up the romanticism of it all.
While not the cleverest or most enjoyable music laden film to come along, the film plays a good tune with its interesting characters, upbeat setting and excellent soundtrack, but the pacing of the film and the muddled plot of everything going on could have been given more care, but still a good effort.
choomtabi31Jan 25, 2016
Heartwarming, quirky and uplifting movie. Great soundtrack and Kat Dennings and Michael Cera were cute together.

Watch it online for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-595-Nick-and-Norahs-Infinite-Playlist-online-free