6.9

1. HessaM
    Aug 5, 2007
    Its really amazing film i like bin stiller and his funny films.
  2. BenW
    Jan 2, 2007
    Enjoyable, this; the script is better than it's been given credit for by the critics and the concept is fun. It doesn't pretend to be anything it's not, but it does what it wants to well. A good film to pass 90 minutes or so with some very funny moments.
  3. NathanH
    Jan 3, 2007
    It was a kids movie. A 7 year old does not care about a plot or story line. They just want to be entertained. Its a good basic funny movie. Its good for distracting kids for an hour and 20 min
  4. TijanaK.
    Jan 8, 2007
    It is a very funny movie. It is really entertaining movie and is planned very well. A clever film..I loved it!!
  5. MarkT.
    Mar 22, 2007
    How can you not enjoy this? A'C fun comedic adventure film that never takes itself too seriously.
  6. Guy!
    Apr 23, 2007
    This movie may seem really bad, but you'll enjoy it. I just wish it was scarier, but ever so slightly. Definitely worth seeing.
  7. MonkMonkey
    Apr 25, 2007
    It was pretty good and the critics were right about who it is targeting...but is overall funny.
  8. Jeff
    Jan 10, 2007
    I'm perplexed why this movie got so many mediocre to bad reviews. Maybe with all the hype and promotion people want to shoot it down. It's not serious cinema but it was very entertaining and touching sometimes. The monkey slapping scene was one of the funniest I've seen in any film. Mickey Rooney was hilarious and the Stiller line about the South losing the war but getting I'm perplexed why this movie got so many mediocre to bad reviews. Maybe with all the hype and promotion people want to shoot it down. It's not serious cinema but it was very entertaining and touching sometimes. The monkey slapping scene was one of the funniest I've seen in any film. Mickey Rooney was hilarious and the Stiller line about the South losing the war but getting "The Allman Brothers and NASCAR" was one of my favorites. What's not to like? Expand
  9. ShellS
    Jan 2, 2007
    Entertaining enough, they could have done more with the idea though.
  10. AaronE
    Jan 4, 2007
    As far as family comedies go this was a very solid movie, nothing in the movie was the greatest but all the parts worked out to produce a movie that was entertaining and humorous. Everyone from my younger sister to my mom enjoyed the movie...maybe critics just want movies that appeal to the 18-29 alternative lifestyles crowd.
  11. BobT
    Jan 8, 2007
    It is a great movie that the whole family can enjoy together. That means that Comedy, Art Film, or Barnie-o-phile snobs will come away disappointed, but everyone else will enjoy the ride.
  12. ChandraS.
    Jan 8, 2007
    This movie was great for my entire family. I didn't think it would be very good, but I found it hilarious and laughed through the whole movie!
    Jan 8, 2007
    This movie definitely had some funny moments, but the father-son relationship was terrible, all of Ben Stiller's dialogue was pathetic. It was the secondary characters that made the movie.
  14. JamieK.
    Feb 21, 2007
    Very good actors & really funny! Two thumbs up!
  15. Deanna
    Feb 25, 2007
    This movie isn't bad, but it isn't AWESOME either. It had a few funny moments and clever scenes.
  16. FionaO.
    Mar 13, 2007
    I think it was unfair that people rate it 5 or less. I admit the bits with just Ben Stiller were a bit boring, but what is best about it is the minature romans and cowboys, a.k.a. Jedediah and Octavius!
  17. LouisH.
    Apr 23, 2007
    I wasn't expecting this movie to be really good, but I was pleseantly suprised. It was funny and exciting, but a bit confusing also. Still, I've never seen a bad Ben Stiller movie. I recommend seeing and buying this movie,
  18. ChrisB.
    Apr 26, 2007
    This is a quality family comedy movie. Ben Stiller does an amazing job of acting like always. If you don't like him, you won't like the movie. Robin Williams does an excellent job playing his role as well. If you want to laugh, you will enjoy this. It's not a disappointment. If you're going to be snobby and dislike the movie before you even watch it... then you might This is a quality family comedy movie. Ben Stiller does an amazing job of acting like always. If you don't like him, you won't like the movie. Robin Williams does an excellent job playing his role as well. If you want to laugh, you will enjoy this. It's not a disappointment. If you're going to be snobby and dislike the movie before you even watch it... then you might as well not even watch it! Expand
  19. DougO.
    Dec 25, 2006
    This movie is great for both chlidren and adults. Too bad the critics arent smart enough to realize Ben Stiller's comedy style.
  20. IanG.
    Dec 28, 2006
    I went into this film expecting some sort of Jumanji clone, but it was actually really good. The actors made the film of course (shouldn't they always?), and while it is clearly a children's film, it was a good Christmas movie that even a man in his twenties (as I am) can enjoy.
  21. BenB.
    Jan 16, 2007
    This movie may not be the best ever, but it sure was funny and definitely deserved more than a 48. The last thirty minutes, where they tried to turn it into a touchy-feely bad-guys-watch-out-here-come-the-good-guys wasn't as good as could be, but it was very funny! It deserves better ratings than this.
  22. DennisL.
    Jan 21, 2007
    I was also surprised it got tepid reviews. It was really pretty good. It had a good spirit without being sappy. Stiller has always played the poor, reasionable slob surrounded by idiots role perfectly. I think 'Nacho Libre' got better reviews, and that movie stank abominably.
  23. RobertB.
    Jan 2, 2007
    I took my family (kids aged 12, 13, & 16) to see this pic over the weekend, and we really enjoyed it. While not a film with lots of storyline, it did serve up laughs pretty well. I think the critics have unfairly blasted the film.
  24. Molly
    Jan 3, 2007
    It seems strange to me that comedies like this often seem to get low scores on Metacritic. Anyway, for what the movie was, I thought it was great. It made me laugh and had some touching moments, and some fun cameo apperances. Not a masterpiece of theater but an enjoyable flim - I highly recommend it if you're in the mood for a comedy!!
  25. BrianG.
    Jan 3, 2007
    A whole lot better than I thought it was going to be. A good New Year's day movie to see.
  26. DustinW.
    Jan 4, 2007
    Simply the best movie I've ever seen. It's so entertaining, clever, and just overall humourous.
  27. GregM
    Jan 7, 2007
    My kids had a wonderful time at this movie, as did my wife and I. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun fantasy movie that you can be comfortable taking the whole family to.
  28. RalphN.
    Feb 16, 2007
    Entertaining, safe for kids and inspires learning of history. We could do much worse.
  29. HeidiD.
    Feb 18, 2007
    This was incredibly clever. Perhaps the reviewers looking for pure comedy should check out the Three Stooges or maybe the Simpsons. Anyone with half a brain will appreciate the clever way history is brought forth in this movie.
  30. Ed
    Apr 26, 2007
    Some laughs and definitely amusing. Sit back and enjoy.
  31. PnArdyPnArdy
    May 13, 2007
    A good action comedy with Ben Stiller, Robin Williams and the blond guy from You, Me and Dupree - can't remember his name. Great FX, dinosaurs, cowboys, romans, mongols and stuff. However, visiting the same place three times (Ben Stiller's night shift as a guard at the museum of Natural History) is rather boring idea - could have been better.
  32. WilliamB.
    Jun 21, 2007
    Great laughs, and I'm not a huge Ben Stiller fan, but the supporting cast made it a truly fun time.
  33. JonathanN.
    Feb 19, 2008
    Great movie and I love rewatching it. Really nice. Different, and that is what I love about it.
  34. RoyE.
    Dec 13, 2006
    A complete blast! Enormously entertaining!
  35. MikeN.
    Dec 15, 2006
    A very funny film and a really nice balance between a film the kids can enjoy and one that won't bore (or offend) the adults. If you have any kids around ten or so (I took my nephew - 10(and a half!)) he loved it.) it will make a great Christmas treat! And if you are a fan of Ben Stiller, (definitely one of his better movies) with great support from Dick Van Dyke , Mickey Rooney, A very funny film and a really nice balance between a film the kids can enjoy and one that won't bore (or offend) the adults. If you have any kids around ten or so (I took my nephew - 10(and a half!)) he loved it.) it will make a great Christmas treat! And if you are a fan of Ben Stiller, (definitely one of his better movies) with great support from Dick Van Dyke , Mickey Rooney, Ricky Gervais, Robin Williams and two little parts for Owen Wilson and Steve Coogan ;o) Thoroughly recommended... Expand
  36. e.z.
    Dec 19, 2006
    very entertaining. caught it at a sneak preview of the movie. owen wilson stole the movie. it was kind of predictable, but is was still good. ricky gervais was pretty funny. and it wasn't a crass movie. so everyone can enjoy it.
  37. wayneB.
    Dec 22, 2006
    After getting off to as slow start, the movie goes into overdrive with spectacular special effects and nonstop action. Clever, well worth the ride!
  38. TeeB.
    Dec 23, 2006
    Good movie - worth taking to whole family to see. Both yound and old can enjoy this flick.
  39. LynnG.
    Dec 24, 2006
    It was really fun. As a huge fan of the real American Museum of Natural History in NYC, my 7-year-old son LOVED this movie. (btw, the inside of the museum in the movie isn't like the real museum, though the outdoor shots look authentic.) My husband just it was "just OK" but I enjoyed it immensely. The thing is, you know a film was a good time when the day after you see it you keep It was really fun. As a huge fan of the real American Museum of Natural History in NYC, my 7-year-old son LOVED this movie. (btw, the inside of the museum in the movie isn't like the real museum, though the outdoor shots look authentic.) My husband just it was "just OK" but I enjoyed it immensely. The thing is, you know a film was a good time when the day after you see it you keep quoting lines. The one we keep saying is "Good Lord, Larry, you're slapping a monkey!" It's slapstick and silly, but a great movie for families that's set in a cool place. Take your kids, they'll love it! Expand
  40. johnn.
    Dec 26, 2006
    This holiday movies was a real escape into fun. My family loved the action the story and the small hidden feeding of history. It deserves better rating from "critics".
  41. MikeH
    Dec 27, 2006
    Normally I cant stand movies with predictable plots and little substance compensated by special effects, but the idea of a museum coming to life is amazing, and they do manage to pull that part off, which more than makes up for the sketchy interaction between the characters and the bizarre loose ends. It makes great escapist fun.
  42. KatarinaJ.
    Dec 30, 2006
    Funny! Very creative, average acting.
  43. masong.
    Dec 30, 2006
    I am 7 years old, I went to the movie with my 5 year old sister and 6 year old cousin, also my mom, dad, aunt, uncle, grandma and grandpa. WE ALL LOVED IT!! I would go to see this movie again.
  44. JaredB.
    Feb 21, 2007
    Was a good movie that provided plenty of laughter throughout
  45. AdamE.
    Apr 19, 2007
    If you don't think about it too hard and simply enjoy the laughs that come with any comedy, you'll find yourself enjoying it. However, it will undoubtedly be quickly forgotten and is certainly not an "movie to watch again and again."
  46. DustinB.
    Apr 29, 2007
    This was a good clean film that would be fun for a family. No gratuitous language, etc. And Ben Stiller did a good job.
  47. HughR.
    May 24, 2007
    Good fun for the family. Full of lots of silly humor.
  48. DaleM.
    Dec 26, 2006
    Critics having been misunderstanding Stiller's best comedic work since Zoolander so ignore them. This movie is funny and you'll probably want to catch it again and again as it shows up on videos and tv later. I still laugh at many of the gags in Zoolander after seeing it numerous times and am sure I will be laughing at many of the gags in this movie time and time again.
  49. mitchk.
    Dec 28, 2006
    This movie is a mix of fun,history and craziness. The whole family will like it. I loved Mickey Rooney's character. It's great to see the likes of him and Dick Van Dyke doing such a fantastic job.
  50. MelissaN.
    Dec 29, 2006
    My kids 9 & 11 thought this was the best movie they had ever seen and we enjoyed it also.
  51. AmyB.
    Nov 28, 2007
    I love the movie, not just because of how funny it was, but also of all the history. I'm only 14 and i love history. Although not many like history in that way, the movie, because we watched it for an English assignment, every one was talking non-stop about all the interesting things.
  52. Aug 22, 2010
    A wonderful movie that has many great, funny moments. It isn't strenuous on your mind but still is very entertaining. One of the best movies of 2006.
  53. Oct 5, 2010
    Thinking it over, Night at the Museum isn't really that good. But it does offer a solid enough family film, thats different enough to justify watching it. Its plot is half hearted and generic, but thats not the point. It's a family firendly and fun film, with some great ideas, just let down by other half hearted ideas.
  54. May 7, 2011
    Surprisingly entertaining movie, one of Ben Stiller's best. It was also great to see Robin Williams as Theodore Roosevelt. Good movie for the entire family.
  55. Mar 3, 2011
    This is a movie kids ands adults will both enjoy, it's funny, enjoyable, and charming, add some actual history facts thrown in, and you've got a movie that I can't help but recommend to everyone.
  56. Jul 17, 2011
    I watched this largely because my nephew said it was good. Since he's usually right about movies I gave it a shot. I didn't care much for the beginning of the film but it got a lot better as the second act came to a close. The ending was uplifting in a way these kinds of movies can't really avoid. But it wasn't cliche.
  57. Jun 17, 2012
    This was a great movie, It was so fun to watch this one. The characters were full with variation and all of them made me laugh. Cavemen, T-rex, americans, romans, Attila and lots of weird characters made this movie a very original thing.
  58. Nov 18, 2011
    It is not as predictable and formulatic as everyone says it is. A great idea is well executed and the result is a fun family film with a lot of good performances.
  59. Aug 28, 2014
    Just as good of a movie as I expected it to be. Lots of humor, good build-up thorough the story, great shades of personalities from humans and animals - and other things - alike.

Perhaps this could have been funnier still, but then again, it worked better this way. The visuals looked great and believable. (And I am beginning to grow convinced that Ben Stiller cannot star without

The visuals looked great and believable.

(And I am beginning to grow convinced that Ben Stiller cannot star without Owen Wilson - and likewise.)
  60. Dec 22, 2012
    Boasting jaw dropping special effects and big laughs. Non stop fun
  61. May 10, 2015
    Not bad. For when it came out, this movie was something that we hadn't seen in a while.

As per usual, Stiller is as bland as ever, being upstaged by any one or anything else that wonders into frame. I'm sorry, but I just don't get hist style of humor. It's too bland and pointless. Aside from him, I loved everything else. Decent effects, interesting story, and aside from when Stiller

Aside from him, I loved everything else. Decent effects, interesting story, and aside from when Stiller is talking, good humor.

Overall:
    Night at the museum was surprisingly enjoyable, even with Stiller in the lead.
  62. Jul 8, 2013
    A fun family comedy that works in most ways. Ben Stiller is funny in the way he reacts to all the exhibits coming to life and it is always good to see Dick Van Dyke.
  63. Mar 8, 2014
    Night at the Museum is actually quite original in terms of plot, but it the execution that brings this flick slightly down. It definitely could've been better.
  64. Dec 22, 2014
    Night Of the Museum Is a fun Family Flick that makes us have some good laughs together with the beloved actor Robin Williams! It surely is a good film to relax with you family cause it's fun and enjoyable.
  65. Jan 11, 2015
    This movie is definitely not the "CGI-fest" it's been made out to be. Ben Stiller provides a great performance as Larry the night guard at a museum where everything comes to life. It's filled with plenty of laughs and great special effects.
  66. Mar 13, 2015
    Just about any movie with Ben Stiller, with the exception of Tropic Thunder and others probably, most of his movies are usually pretty harmless in terms of content. But does that make it good? In the case of Night at the Museum, yeah, it does. The movie has a good cast, good comedic timing and writing, and while it may not be entirely original, the movie has enough going for it to be entertaining.

1. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    The first half-hour's too slow; the last half-hour's too manic, as if to compensate. But at least it entertains, thanks in large measure to the buddy-pic relationship between Owen Wilson's miniature cowpoke and his Roman pal Steve Coogan.
  2. This season's answer to "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas," it's an overstuffed grab bag in which lumps of coal are glued together with melted candy.
  3. Director Levy struggles to find a uniform pitch that would agreeably blend together the gags, the visual effects and the obligatory heart moments. In its absence, there's a stop-and-start hollowness that confuses noise and chaos for comic energy.