8.5

1. Jun 22, 2013
    Muy buena pelicula esta, con una buena trama y un buen guion;la trama de la pelicula estuvo bien desarrollada y los actores estuvieron fantasticos, para mi, Nine Queens vale la pena verla.
  2. Sep 5, 2012
    Very heavy dialog which would indicate the slow development of this con movie. Half of the movie is setting up the characters and plot surrounding the 9 queens. Watching this movie VIA subtitles didn't keep me from missing anything- thats how slow it moved. But the final 30 or so minutes leaving the viewer guessing which way the ending will unfold. Glad I didn't give up on it.
  3. Feb 9, 2012
    A truly humorous, vibrant, delightful movie. It is engaging and never predictable -or very little. At times it is disturbing, and occasionally moving, so the different elements created the best combination for a great film. The performances are outstanding! Particularly, Gaston Pauls' performance, he certainly is an excellent actor -and I heard he is directing too.The first time I watched this film was here in Australia. Personally, I believe South American movies are better than Mexicans, but I guess Mexican movies are more promoted since, that is the dominant Hispanic culture in the States, where the blockbusters movies come from. Unfortunately, Americans do not really know much about South America and its diversity and assume that all Latin American culture is the same and it is not. Argentina is a country where most of the people comes from European background; thus, their sense of aesthetics is atypical in comparison to most of other Latin American countries. Argentina is a country where Arts and theatre have definitely the highest standards of Latin America. The very famous Colon Theatre is in Buenos Aires. So, give Argentinian and other South American movies a go! I am sure you won't regret it. ...BTW, in case you wonder why I am so passionate about this movie, I have no Argentinian background..in fact, I am an Aussie, but I am merely stating the truth! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    If you want a brain puzzler that will ensure a lively conversation on the way home, Nine Queens is the real deal.
    A con within a con within a con. There comes a time when we think we've gotten to the bottom, and then the floor gets pulled out again and we fall another level.
  3. Two suggestions as you watch it: Never take anything for granted, and keep your hand on your wallet as you leave the theater.