No Country for Old Men

7.7

1. LV.
    Feb 24, 2008
    This movie and every thing around it, is a very good example of how the American film industries has been in decay for the last few years.
  2. christian
    Feb 24, 2008
    Complete pile of dookie.. The writers strike started 2/3 of the way in. Typical elitist Hollywood garbage. Just because you give this movie a 10 doesn't make you better than me.
  3. ElaineN.
    Feb 26, 2008
    The only movie that I have seen that was WORST than this one was BELOVED!! You couldn't pay me to sit thru it again!! Are the Acadamy voters HIGH??????
  4. Gra
    Mar 18, 2008
    All I saw was a film filled with unintentionally hilarious moments and awkward, confused symbolism. It seems to me like people have had the wool pulled over their eyes with this one. It's all very well to say 'you just don't get it', but i am yet to read anything describing exactly what there was 'to get'. Don't get me wrong, I like films with a message, All I saw was a film filled with unintentionally hilarious moments and awkward, confused symbolism. It seems to me like people have had the wool pulled over their eyes with this one. It's all very well to say 'you just don't get it', but i am yet to read anything describing exactly what there was 'to get'. Don't get me wrong, I like films with a message, but there's a difference between ambiguity and nonsense. Expand
  5. JohnC.
    Apr 15, 2008
    One of the worst movies we've seen. It was terrible. How the heck it was nominated for anything is beyond me.
  6. CathiM.
    Apr 19, 2008
    Woody Harrelson was the best thing in the movie and that says it all.
  7. ThomasW
    Nov 6, 2009
    Sick, sad, and funny that nearly all critics are raving about this awkward, hurriedly composed, and absurd celebration of an evil guy who is never hampered by realism. e.g. no handcuffs behind back; able to reach top of office building carrying a long shotgun; not stopped by severe car wreck; plus Josh Brolen snuffed out - blink and you'll miss it. Riduculous script. Move overrated Sick, sad, and funny that nearly all critics are raving about this awkward, hurriedly composed, and absurd celebration of an evil guy who is never hampered by realism. e.g. no handcuffs behind back; able to reach top of office building carrying a long shotgun; not stopped by severe car wreck; plus Josh Brolen snuffed out - blink and you'll miss it. Riduculous script. Move overrated film I have ever seen. Expand
  8. ToddG.
    Nov 19, 2007
    The first 2/3 of the movie are tight and very well done. The story just dies, and falls flat by the end. Such a shame. I don't understand why the critics fell all over themselves to give the "No Country" such good ratings. It is one of those things where they assume that because the Coen brothers have made good movies in the past, that they must be doing something right. NOT THE CASE here.
  9. AlF.
    Nov 22, 2007
    This film is just "Fargo", set in Texas instead of Minnesota. Unfortunately, it has the violence of "Fargo" without the humorous moments or charming characters. The plot is completely implausable. The critics like it because it is different. To me, as a casual film viewer, it's just an exercise in excess from directors that are out to shock audiences with cheap violence.
  10. Dec 29, 2015
    This film was very boring, and with such a common and tired storyline. The whole movie things just happened without any rhyme or reason, all the characters were static, and the plot had no development. However, it was done pretty well, so it is not completely insufferable. It just works better as a novel, because much of what makes the novel great cannot be carried over onto the screen.
  11. Jun 29, 2015
    Terrible movie! It's boring, empty, pretentious, too long and full of stupid characters. The plot is ridiculous, there is no progression and no ending. Movie that hasn't nothing to say, only a huge waste of time.
  12. Dec 9, 2014
    Truly awful - unwatchable wooden acting and a mindless script only for kiddiwinkles without a brain.
    It's amazing that funding can be found for trash like this when so many deserving scripts go wanting...

1. It’s a near masterpiece.
    Joel and Ethan Coen's adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's 2005 novel is an indisputably great movie, at this point the year's very best.
    It's the most ambitious and impressive Coen film in at least a decade, featuring the flat, sun-blasted landscapes of west Texas -- spectacularly shot by cinematographer Roger Deakins -- and an eerily memorable performance by Javier Bardem, in a Ringo Starr haircut.