No End in Sight

8.2

1. PeterL.
    Sep 1, 2007
    Great documentary, something every American should see to understand why we are there , and why we can't get out. Also Josh the first reviewer plagiarized a review from the New York Post. His rating of the movie should be removed. My guess is he is an uninformed Hawk, who never saw the movie.
  2. JayH.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Very thought provoking, most always maddening, and the staggering cost of the war makes me sick, considering the current economic state. It they divided up the money spent in the war between all us citizens, we would all be millionaires. Bush and his cronies are incompetent disasters. What a mess they created.
  3. SteveTaylor
    Oct 16, 2007
    The best documentary yet on the Iraq War, and the best doc I've seen so far this year.
  4. WilliamD.
    Oct 30, 2007
    The most telling data: 25% of Americans STILL support "President" Bush and his corrupt AND inept administration. This film should be required viewing for ALL Americans who actually care about America. IMPEACH CHENEY and his stooge, BUSH. Convict them and Send them to prison!
  5. MM.
    Jul 31, 2007
    What many of us hoped Farenheit 911 would be -- there is minimal editorializing. The film soberly documents layer upon layer of incompetence, showing us how the U.S. got to this point in Iraq. A must see for anyone that wants to understand the history of this war.
  6. CJN.
    Aug 10, 2007
    Must see this film - it explains what has been behind this nightmare. Can't help but notice that Josh's rating of 2 is followed by a commentary he cut and pasted out of the New York Post review.
  7. MattTaylor
    Aug 10, 2007
    This movie is a must see for anyone who wants to see all of the ugly-ducklings lined up in a row. Yes, you may have seen some of this information before, but it is presented here in a way that is much more coherent and reveleaing then ever before.

By the way, the comment from 'Josh' was taken word for word from the New York Post's review which can be found here:

I quess when a republican can't think of something bad to say, they just copy the talking points of another republican.
  8. KevynK.
    Sep 1, 2007
    Although there probably are not many who do not already know the facts here, unless they have been living beneath a rock for ten years now, but still the power of this film's message - that Bush and his cohorts messed up and messed up bad - is quite strong a statement. Another user (Josh) just copied and pasted the NY Post review as his comment, and I wonder if he and his ilk have Although there probably are not many who do not already know the facts here, unless they have been living beneath a rock for ten years now, but still the power of this film's message - that Bush and his cohorts messed up and messed up bad - is quite strong a statement. Another user (Josh) just copied and pasted the NY Post review as his comment, and I wonder if he and his ilk have even seen the film, or are they just loyal Bush supporters who do not want the truth to be heard. Expand
  9. MatthewP.
    Sep 15, 2007
    Honest and shocking. The truth is depressing but the people who tell it in "No End in Sight" are the unsung heroes of this failed occupation.
  10. Moe
    Sep 6, 2007
    Josh you are the worst person in the world. Form your own opinions and write your own reviews.
    Sep 8, 2007
    I went to this film with a couple of friends who always voted strictly republican. They were absolutely disgusted with the now presented actions by the current administration that lead to this quagmire were are now in. I'm glad this film got through to them... I was absolutely angry and regretful that the Iraqi people had lost everything, including their history and heritage, because I went to this film with a couple of friends who always voted strictly republican. They were absolutely disgusted with the now presented actions by the current administration that lead to this quagmire were are now in. I'm glad this film got through to them... I was absolutely angry and regretful that the Iraqi people had lost everything, including their history and heritage, because our troops were instructed to guard the oil facilities during the looting and chaos. Add that to the fact that their entire infrastructure is none existent/destroyed and it's quite easy to see where the hatred for America comes from. Expand
  12. NigelM.
    Jun 14, 2008
    Frightening, fascinating and vital, this should be seen by as many people as possible, whatever your political persuasion. Lessons have to be learnt from the mess that Iraq has become and this film asks all the right questions, even if it doesn't have all the answers. The Bush administration have fueled terrorism beyond anything Bin Laden could ever have done, through ineptitude, Frightening, fascinating and vital, this should be seen by as many people as possible, whatever your political persuasion. Lessons have to be learnt from the mess that Iraq has become and this film asks all the right questions, even if it doesn't have all the answers. The Bush administration have fueled terrorism beyond anything Bin Laden could ever have done, through ineptitude, carelessness and pure ignorance. Collapse
  13. RogerC.
    Jul 26, 2007
    Mr. Ferguson thoroughly documents his proposition that the occupation of Iraq was incompetently managed. I would award the film a "10" if I were not worried that some officials may merely have concluded that we should be more competent next time we undertake a military intervention.
  14. J.R.
    Aug 11, 2007
    This movie should be required viewing for every member of Congress. It is a powerful, saddening, and enraging documentation of the worst foreign policy disaster in American history. Little or none of its information is new, but the telling of it is so persuasive that it amounts to a formidable political force. Would that a majority of Americans could gain exposure to this searingly This movie should be required viewing for every member of Congress. It is a powerful, saddening, and enraging documentation of the worst foreign policy disaster in American history. Little or none of its information is new, but the telling of it is so persuasive that it amounts to a formidable political force. Would that a majority of Americans could gain exposure to this searingly extraordinary film. Expand
  15. MichaelD.
    Aug 12, 2007
    If you want to understand why we are in a fiasco in Iraq, go see this movie.
  16. hollyc
    Mar 28, 2008
    As others have said, this is the best documentary dealing with the Iraq War--and I would argue the best doc of 2007. Not since "Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room" have I seen such a well done, level headed piece of documentary film making. Bravo to Charles Ferguson. What a stellar debut film.
  17. steve
    Oct 11, 2007
    Wow, Josh, way to copy the NY Post review. That's about the intellectual level of the true-believer right these days.
  18. CydneyB.
    Aug 11, 2007
    I knew that Iraq had gone to hell in a handbasket, but I never really understood the progression of the insanity until I saw this movie. For anyone who wants to understand the overall picture, but who doesn't have time to read the 600 page books that have come out trying to explain.. go see this movie. It puts all the sordid, stupid pieces together.
  19. GL
    Aug 17, 2007
    Must viewing for all Americans, especially those who initially supported the invasion and PARTICULARLY those who STILL support it. This spells out quite succinctly and authoritatively why ideas such as the "troop surge" are doomed to failure. The cat was let out of the bag during the first two months of the occupation.
  20. TimS.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Josh is a Thief: I just read 2 reviews - one was original, the other (identical) plagiarized by Josh, who cut and pasted Kyle Smith's New York Post review into his own.
  21. Argex
    Nov 14, 2007
    One of the best doc I have seen recently. Scary, and depressing but enlightening.
  22. RichD.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Very detailed and even though I agree with the director's point of view, I do believe he should have found some less negative commentators. I suppose he could have gotten some people from Fox News.
  23. Aug 31, 2010
    Finally got around to see this film three years after its release and I wish I had seen it earlier. Very relevant, even today and very much worth a viewing.

1. A meticulous, thoroughly engrossing lesson in how not to win friends (or wars) and influence people (or potential terrorists).
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Koehler
    With an accountant's eye for precision and a political scientist's grasp of the machinations that move national policy, Charles Ferguson's No End in Sight itemizes the errors, misjudgments and follies that have defined the Bush Administration's invasion of Iraq.
    Masterfully edited and cumulatively walloping, Charles Ferguson's No End in Sight turns the well-known details of our monstrously bungled Iraq war into an enraging, apocalyptic litany of fuckups.