7.5

1. SusanM.
    Nov 9, 2005
    A truly great film. It was powerful, touching and well acted. Charlize is proving to be such a versatile actress, capable of being convincing in any role. The story is wonderful, I highly, highly recommend it to all of you!!!
  2. ElleP.
    Feb 21, 2006
    This is an Excellent film. Deserves Best Film, and Best Actress Oscars.
  3. BrentC.
    Nov 11, 2005
    An important movie. It's the most gripping story of legal reality since Erin Brockovich. It's this year's Hotel Rwanda, I would look for Theron and possibly McDormand at Oscar time.
  4. daveh.
    Nov 12, 2005
    Great photography of the area.
  5. GerryP.
    Apr 4, 2006
    I worked most underground mine of Canada as a miner and mostly as a superviser. If this was taken from realty, the staff from this mine were very sick people and should have been prosecuted for their lack of supervision and self respect. As for the movie it was very good.
  6. ClintM.
    Oct 24, 2005
    What's wrong with people these days? Here's a movie with wonderful acting (Charlize, pick out a dress now for that red carpet!), a compelling story, and true heart ... and it earns a measly 6 million at the box office?! I just don't understand the movie going public anymore. Throw a crappy movie out there and it's likely to make billions, put out a good movie and What's wrong with people these days? Here's a movie with wonderful acting (Charlize, pick out a dress now for that red carpet!), a compelling story, and true heart ... and it earns a measly 6 million at the box office?! I just don't understand the movie going public anymore. Throw a crappy movie out there and it's likely to make billions, put out a good movie and you're lucky to break $10 million on opening weekend. What's going on people!? Expand
  7. BrianG
    Nov 2, 2005
    This movie was quite inspirational. Though I quickly dispelled it, a tear was brought to my eye.
  8. BobbyS.
    Oct 15, 2005
    Great film, how bout'cha.
  9. EleanorW.
    Oct 22, 2005
    wonderful acting and fab photography...all that and Bob Dylan too!
  10. JenM.
    Mar 31, 2006
    I found it extremely touching and emotional to watch. Loved all of the performances and the cinematography of that depressingly bleak landscape.

1. The issue of sexual politics so dominates the story that it's a relief when an emotional showdown involves family rather than workplace issues. Not so surprisingly, these are the movie's best scenes.
  2. Reviewed by: David Rooney
    An emotionally potent story told with great dignity.
    Charlize Theron, in nonglam mode, dominates this powerful drama about sexual harassment at a Minnesota iron ore mine in the early 90s.