6.9

1. Nov 29, 2013
    Although it suffers from a flat ending and can't help feel fictional, Now You See Me provides great visuals and some smart twists (not the last one!) to succeed.
  2. May 31, 2013
    To be honest, I was not expecting much for this movie. It wasn't as hyped as other movies and I would never have known about it if a friend hadn't suggested that we watch it. I have literally jut come home after watching it and I have to say, I enjoyed it. Sure, the characters could have used a little more development, and the movie may seem a little confusing for others, but I was able toTo be honest, I was not expecting much for this movie. It wasn't as hyped as other movies and I would never have known about it if a friend hadn't suggested that we watch it. I have literally jut come home after watching it and I have to say, I enjoyed it. Sure, the characters could have used a little more development, and the movie may seem a little confusing for others, but I was able to keep pace. There is also a rather surprising plot twist (which I won't reveal, obviously). Now You See Me may not be the best movie out there, but it's a pretty good one. Check it out. Expand
  3. Jun 2, 2013
    Most reviews of "Now You See Me" are comparing this movie to the "Ocean" series, but while the elaborate schemes are somewhat similar it really isn't the knockoff one expects. Rather, the movie follows the work of four magicians who call themselves "The Four Horsemen" and thrill audiences with some very intriguing stunts.
    There is the criminal element as stolen money is involved, but
    There is the criminal element as stolen money is involved, but the real story is the wonder of magic itself, or tries to be. Magic is the type of entertainment best seen in person. One cannot take magic too seriously when cameras are involved, at least I don't. There are a couple tricks explained in the movie and like any time you find out how the trick is done, you're surprised either at its simplicity or the amount of preparation that precedes it.
    "Now You See Me" is a fast paced fairly light hearted tale, all the actors and actresses turning in good performances, but none are going to be serious Oscar contenders. The ending has been criticized, but I found it an interesting one. Yes, some parts were ridiculous, but what movie with any action isn't? Overall, this is a decent movie, not mindblowing by any stretch, but worth the price of admission.
  4. Jun 8, 2013
    One of the most entertaining movie of this year. Great cast, interesting plot with some twists, some fun moments, impressive illusion tricks. Overall it a great time
  5. Jun 4, 2013
    "Well acted, well directed and an amazing concept and story. Now You See Me is the freshest, coolest and one of the most original flicks to come along this year. Filled with surprises at every corner and a stunning final act, its a film you have to see." A-
  6. Jun 29, 2013
    Now you see me is pleasant and a clever surprise, with some fascinating effects and one of a kind cast. I loved what the movie is about and I had a really good time watching it, some problems with the movie that are not worth to talk about, despite mediocre reviews, Now you see me is one of the best of 2013.
  7. May 31, 2013
    I was expecting a lot from this movie, as the premise (magicians AND heists?!?) sounded like a combination made in heaven, and the cast was a dream (Eisenberg and Harrelson back after an awesome Zombieland teamup, and then sprinkle in both Morgan Freeman AND Michael Caine?). This movie should have been a 10. "Unfortunately," it was just an 8. The movie was a lot of fun throughout, wasn'tI was expecting a lot from this movie, as the premise (magicians AND heists?!?) sounded like a combination made in heaven, and the cast was a dream (Eisenberg and Harrelson back after an awesome Zombieland teamup, and then sprinkle in both Morgan Freeman AND Michael Caine?). This movie should have been a 10. "Unfortunately," it was just an 8. The movie was a lot of fun throughout, wasn't patronizing, had some decent twists, was well acted and directed, and never tried to explain anything supernaturally (which I would have hated as a proud skeptic). It was just a bunch of smart, smooth magicians being awesome. The reason it wasn't a 10? It wasn't perfect, so no 10, and I simply never got goosebumps or was left reeling, which is the standard I hold most 9s to. However, I'd definitely recommend this movie very highly. Expand
  8. May 31, 2013
    Just came from the theatre and talked all the way home about how much we enjoyed this movie from the very first minute. We felt it was well cast,well directed and totally entertaining. Even the music was catchy. It moved right along, did not spend too much time on character back stories and offered a number of interesting twists. I'd pay full price) to see it again!
  9. May 31, 2013
    You can get some "wow" moments from Now You See Me but limited amount. It's not Ocean's Eleven or Tower Heist. It's a heist movie with wow moments and magicians. Now You See Me was directed by Louis Leterrier, the filmmaker responsible for the European pop-art hit The Transporter as well as The Incredible Hulk and the Clash of the Titans remake. The film’s magician caper/heist storylineYou can get some "wow" moments from Now You See Me but limited amount. It's not Ocean's Eleven or Tower Heist. It's a heist movie with wow moments and magicians. Now You See Me was directed by Louis Leterrier, the filmmaker responsible for the European pop-art hit The Transporter as well as The Incredible Hulk and the Clash of the Titans remake. The film’s magician caper/heist storyline which was engineered by Boaz Yakin (Prince of Persia) and relative newcomer Edward Ricourt works in unison with Leterrier’s fine knowledge of cinematic technique. This gives rise to an interesting subtext about the enduring “magic” of movies, the purpose of art as entertainment, and the heightened importance of creative integrity in an age where cynical skepticism sells. Because of that, Now You See Me isn’t so much a character study one set in the world of magicians as Christopher Nolan’s The Prestige; instead, it approaches related subject matter from a very different angle and proves equally successful in certain regards. Leterrier’s film trades in the nihilism of The Prestige in favor of hopefulness and shows how referencing “movie magic” can be captivating; that is, without either coming off as self-congratulatory or waxing nostalgic about film artistry in an on-the-nose manner.
    That’s to say: if you’re interested in a suave demonstration of cinematic showmanship (no more, but no less) via a thrill-ride movie featuring devious (yet charming) magic performers, then you might want to consider giving this one a look.
  10. Jun 8, 2013
    “Now You See Me” stars Woody Harrelson, Jesse Isenberg, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Mark Ruffalo and Isla Fisher in this film which is basically a poor imitiation of “Oceans Eleven”. The film tells the tale of four prestidigitators as they attempt to work their “magic” in order to commit grand theft (with the emphasis on the word “grand”).
    Directed by Louis Letterier (“The Incredible
    Directed by Louis Letterier (“The Incredible Hulk”, “Clash of the Titans”) the film never quite achieves its potential and ends up being too slick with events too difficult to believe or follow (despite the poor attempts by its 5 writers to gain that result).
    This is a movie that is confusing and contrived. Nevertheless, for some strange reason, it keeps the audience interested and involved although none of us were sure exactly what the circumstances were that we were witnessing..
    Good acting by all involved saves the day and earns the film a 7.5 rating but to make this film more than that is a feat even Houdini and Mandrake combined couldn’t accomplish..
  11. May 31, 2013
    For what it's worth, it's surprisingly an interesting magic movie. It's entertaining and surprisinlgy well acted. As far as characters go, it's Morgan Freeman and Jesse Eisenberg that steal this movie. Most of the other characters are good, but they weren't as good as I expected them to be. To be honest the only characters I didn't really like was Dave Franco and Isla Fisher. The story wasFor what it's worth, it's surprisingly an interesting magic movie. It's entertaining and surprisinlgy well acted. As far as characters go, it's Morgan Freeman and Jesse Eisenberg that steal this movie. Most of the other characters are good, but they weren't as good as I expected them to be. To be honest the only characters I didn't really like was Dave Franco and Isla Fisher. The story was surprisingly interesting. It has certain layers to the story. I mean, you have the heist portion, then you have the action thriller type part, then you have well made drama. There are some scenes that were in a way unrelavent. But don't let that distract you from the story. Overall, it's a well made magic movie. Expand
  12. Jun 3, 2013
    Fun and flashy to watch; I enjoyed watching the actors and the story unfold. Not a lot of plot and what there was wasn't particularly deep, logical or resolved; and no real connection to the characters. But it was fun, and didn't involve bodily functions, which these days seems to be part of a lot of comedy films. An amusing and unbelievable heist tale.
  13. Jun 17, 2013
    Everyone that I've talked to has enjoyed this movie. Could it have been better? Sure. But it was fun, entertaining, and well paced. What's more, even though I thought some of the plot was predictable, they did get me at the end.
  14. Jun 10, 2013
    Is this movie a "classic." No. Maybe to some people. It is a solid film though. I walked into it not sure what it was. Its a film about magic. But I was quite sure it would be a trick on the viewer. One big illusion with them cheating. (Those flashbacks to hidden scenes so that suddenly the pieces fit). I've always viewed that kind of thing as a cheap trick. But they didn't really goIs this movie a "classic." No. Maybe to some people. It is a solid film though. I walked into it not sure what it was. Its a film about magic. But I was quite sure it would be a trick on the viewer. One big illusion with them cheating. (Those flashbacks to hidden scenes so that suddenly the pieces fit). I've always viewed that kind of thing as a cheap trick. But they didn't really go there. The plot is solid. Although like most films riddled with twists your left wondering if a couple of them were un-necessary in the end.
    As far as I can recollect they aren't particularly guilty of that.

The pacing of the film is bang on. The actors are great although I would call this an ensemble piece. With Morgan Freeman and Michel Cain that is saying something the other bunch hold their weight.
    Overall an excellent flick.
  15. Jun 9, 2013
    I actually found this movie to be very enjoyable, with the unexpected twist at the end that had me and my friends looking at each other with wide eyes, mouths agape, and saying, "NO WAY!" haha Loved all the magic, of course, and that it was all mostly explained so we were not left wondering how in the hell they did all those impressive and seemingly impossible tricks. The cast is excellentI actually found this movie to be very enjoyable, with the unexpected twist at the end that had me and my friends looking at each other with wide eyes, mouths agape, and saying, "NO WAY!" haha Loved all the magic, of course, and that it was all mostly explained so we were not left wondering how in the hell they did all those impressive and seemingly impossible tricks. The cast is excellent with good acting to match. The romance angle they put into the story seemed forced, as if they finished the plot already but then some executive came in and said, "No, this needs some romance in it. Make it happen." There are some questionable elements in the plot as well, but not enough to seriously detract from the overall quality of the movie in my opinion. Expand
  16. Jun 18, 2013
    I thought it was very well acted and very intertaining. Had a few twists and turns and just great fun.It was great the way they explained how all the tricks were pulled off.
  17. Jun 18, 2013
    How refreshing it is to see a film where the child in you is brought out and bewildered. I found myself smiling from start to finish in awe of the magic and suspense.

Perhaps it is the magic or rather trickery that had me smiling; you don't know how they do it and a part of you thinks it is magic. But of course you know it isn't there must be a trick. Either way you have a good time regardless. I found myself agasp much in the same way someone would be if they were personally tricked by a magician.

It is cleverly written, humorous, and has action. What more could you ask from such a fun movie?
  18. Jun 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really don't know how I feel about this film after finally watching it because I was too amped up in watching it that I researched it, read updates from those who saw it and got excited, too excited as my expectations were a bit cheated. (Word of advice, don't read critiques or opinions prior to viewing it) I didn't really read about the film and or have it spoiled for me except seeing previews, videos and hearing so much praise for it that I was expecting mind blowing results but I'm reminded of this saying from Sheldon Cooper (Big Bang Theory) 'You told me it's mind-blowing, so my mind is going into it pre- blown, and once a mind is *pre*-blown, it cannot be *re*-blown.' that is EXACTLY how I felt leaving the theater. It was a great fun movie no doubt. I do not diminish anything about the film but I will say this you have to have the right mindset to thoroughly enjoy it. My only complaint is that there needed to be more development for the four horseman. (It could've used at least another 30 minutes if you ask me) because they needed more screen- time. Im not gonna give anything away but I was not all that blown away in the end. I kinda figured it out. However, great cast, great acting and I WILL see it again. See that is what was brilliant about it. TPTB made it in a way that YOU have to see it again. Whether its for pure enjoyment, catching up or you missed something the first time. Expand
  19. Jun 7, 2013
    As the films mantra goes, the closer you look the less you see, but if you are going to enjoy this film it is a wise decision to do exactly the opposite. There is no need to investigate or inspect each and every twist and turn this film throws at you because there are bound to be holes. No, in fact what is best to do in order to enjoy Now You See Me is to simply sit back and take it in forAs the films mantra goes, the closer you look the less you see, but if you are going to enjoy this film it is a wise decision to do exactly the opposite. There is no need to investigate or inspect each and every twist and turn this film throws at you because there are bound to be holes. No, in fact what is best to do in order to enjoy Now You See Me is to simply sit back and take it in for what it is: pure, escapist cinema that delivers a relentlessly fun and entertaining ride that speeds by and leaves you satisfied when the credits begin to roll. Kudos to this movie for being able to stand on its own two feet in a season where every Friday is dominated by a sequel or spin off or re-make or something that is a familiar product that is sure to find an audience somewhere. Now You See Me is a completely original film in the midst of big studio fare that has the star power, the concept, and the appeal to win over those movie-goers who aren't just looking for an escape from the real world, but from the saturated sci-fi superhero adventure genres that are playing on every other screen. That is not to say I don't enjoy those kinds of movies as well and this year has been particularly good so far in terms of summer popcorn entertainment, but simply knowing going into this film that we are up for a fun ride that takes a subject that's commonly considered nerdy, such as magic, and combines it with the formula of a heist film to create something imaginative and fresh is indeed refreshing. Though there are certainly plot holes to be picked apart once people have the ability to re-watch the film several times, upon first viewing this is nothing more than a caper of a good time that has an incredibly strong cast each member of which is doing what they do best, churning out some solid and genuine laughs while balancing the never-serious tone with a fair amount of action and mystery that is compelling and keeps you guessing until the very end.

read the whole review at www.reviewsfromabed.com
  20. Jun 8, 2013
    I feel like the people who keep talking about the "thin" character development don't quite understand what was trying to be done with this movie. The underdeveloped individual characters was an intentional move so you would instead see them as one entity and one force. If you don't understand that then you probably didn't get the movie as a whole and would rather like a movie that is spoonI feel like the people who keep talking about the "thin" character development don't quite understand what was trying to be done with this movie. The underdeveloped individual characters was an intentional move so you would instead see them as one entity and one force. If you don't understand that then you probably didn't get the movie as a whole and would rather like a movie that is spoon fed to you rather than one that makes you think. Most things were wrapped up at the end...if you followed the movie closely. This was a great film...kudos to the actors for great performances. Clever concept, original idea. Go see it but don't waste your time comparing this to other films like The Prestige. It's like watching Life of Pi and comparing it to Titanic because hey, they both have sinking ships. Just go and enjoy the ride. Expand
  21. Jun 9, 2013
    good movie watch it good movie watch it good movie watch it good movie watch it good movie watch it good movie watch it what more can I say
  22. Jun 16, 2013
    The movie was smart the plot great, it was a combination of action and comedy and fantasy with a great result. I had to think twice the ending but it was a good one too. Really liked Isla Fisher. The movie in general is good and I think it's great for the cinema. Thumbs up
  23. Jun 12, 2013
    This movie deserves a round of applause. Its intricate, complicated plot and spectacular cast won me over moments into the film. Every single moment I thought I was completely on board with the plot, the following seconds had me second guessing. This film is definitely a favorite of mine. Well done!
  24. Nov 1, 2013
    The movies plot really is extremely convenient, with it's story tied to random chance. Various plot points and questions were still unresolved at the film's conclusion. It's confusing at times and implausible. However, if you can ignore that, you will enjoy this movie. An entertaining movie with a strange premise but two huge twists at the end. A cast that really hold this entire movieThe movies plot really is extremely convenient, with it's story tied to random chance. Various plot points and questions were still unresolved at the film's conclusion. It's confusing at times and implausible. However, if you can ignore that, you will enjoy this movie. An entertaining movie with a strange premise but two huge twists at the end. A cast that really hold this entire movie up, and very well too. Liked the magic and action. You really must see this movie.
    And whether you like it or not, a sequel is being planned!

If you liked this review, read my other ones by clicking on my name and mark this review as helpful. Remember, every vote counts!
  25. Jun 4, 2013
    Just ignore all the bad critics and mediocre rate. This movie is incredible!. Even though, It isn't as perfect as The Prestige. But it's absolutely worth to watch! From the beginning till the end, you'll feel the tension and enlightened moment. The twist is awesome. Great job Morgan! you confused me a lot.
  26. Jun 8, 2013
    Yet another instance where I am glad I did not listen to the 'professional' reviewers. This movie kept me entertained every minute. 'Now You See Me' is clever and fun. I appreciated that there was humor without a bunch of silliness, no long lulls of character back story development, and no sequel set up at the end. I also like that it was smart, but not overly complicated. I tookYet another instance where I am glad I did not listen to the 'professional' reviewers. This movie kept me entertained every minute. 'Now You See Me' is clever and fun. I appreciated that there was humor without a bunch of silliness, no long lulls of character back story development, and no sequel set up at the end. I also like that it was smart, but not overly complicated. I took my mom and my teenaged kids and everyone was able follow the plot through all the twists and turns. We all loved it! Expand
  27. May 31, 2013
    This was a surprisingly good crime thriller. The effects were great, story and actors were all well done. Pacing was good if not better than average for the length and it didn't try to force in room for a sequel or ruin it by showing to much in the previews. A must watch.
  28. Jun 15, 2013
    A nice movie with a definitely intriguing plot, good actors but, unfortunately, also with a somewhat letting down conclusion, explaining (or not) things. Worth watching nevertheless.
  29. Jun 13, 2013
    one of the best this year,the plot will surprise you.you will not be able to take your eyes off.too bad Man of steel steals the light from this movie.if you liked The Prestige ,then you will love this one
  30. Jun 1, 2013
    Implausible, yes. Confusing, yes. At the end, WTF? Yes, yes, yes. Still, entertaining as hell. Suburb cast having a great time, and until everything kind of doesn't fall together, it's far more interesting than the usual summer fare. You will walk out at the end saying "wait a minute, what about..." and will not find a coherent answer. Doesn't matter, enjoy Woody and EisenbergImplausible, yes. Confusing, yes. At the end, WTF? Yes, yes, yes. Still, entertaining as hell. Suburb cast having a great time, and until everything kind of doesn't fall together, it's far more interesting than the usual summer fare. You will walk out at the end saying "wait a minute, what about..." and will not find a coherent answer. Doesn't matter, enjoy Woody and Eisenberg having a ball, and Morgan and Michael Caine adding their usual excellent work. Expand
  31. Jun 5, 2013
    We thoroughly enjoyed this movie...fun entertainment with a surprising twist at the very end. Not a lot of magic in the film, but enough to keep you watching for the next trick. I do not like either Harrelson or Freeman since both seem so arrogant, but the cast just *worked* together. Certainly a far better movie than a lot I have seen lately, but I go to be lost in the magic of movies,We thoroughly enjoyed this movie...fun entertainment with a surprising twist at the very end. Not a lot of magic in the film, but enough to keep you watching for the next trick. I do not like either Harrelson or Freeman since both seem so arrogant, but the cast just *worked* together. Certainly a far better movie than a lot I have seen lately, but I go to be lost in the magic of movies, not for any deep psychological studies or great social commentary. Expand
  32. Jun 3, 2013
    Go see this movie! You will not be disappointed. I found it to be very clever and it has many twists and turns you will not see coming. I compare it to "Oceans 11" and the "Sting".
  33. Jun 11, 2013
    I was really enjoying the movie at the beginning but then it sort of went downhill and they didn't pull off the final performance as well as the first one; I was starting to change my mind about this movie until the most mind-blowing, unexpected, and gut-wrenching ending came up that made me recap the whole movie and actually think it was one of the most entertaining movies I've ever seen.
  34. Jun 4, 2013
    It's one of those movies that left you guessing until the very end. No one saw it coming. Incredible twist with flavor. It had comedy... And they wasn't trying to hard on the comedy, which is good because If you try to hard it could ruin the movie. I give it a ten.
  35. Jun 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I give it a nine, without a second thought. The actors are all amazingly acclaimed talents, and every single one of them fulfilled his/her role. The pacing was great, the visual effects were stunning, and the plot was brilliantly executed. The catchline of the movie is 'Come in closer, because the more you look, the less you see.' I don't know that the audiences are realizing that THEY are the ones seeing the magic trick.
    The film doesn't center around the Four Horsemen. It's centered around Dylan Rhodes, and Ruffalo plays the bumbling cop who's always a step behind with the classic brilliance we've come to expect from him. You realize after watching it that YOU are the mark in this con, and you don't see the ending coming.
  36. Jun 6, 2013
    There are many things that movies do well and a handful of things that translate poorly onto film. Stage magic falls into the latter category. The spectacle of movie magic delivered by skilled editors and visual effects artists overshadows a sleight-of-hand trick of pulling a rabbit out of a hat or sawing a lady in half. When movie magic can bring to life superheroes, distant planets, andThere are many things that movies do well and a handful of things that translate poorly onto film. Stage magic falls into the latter category. The spectacle of movie magic delivered by skilled editors and visual effects artists overshadows a sleight-of-hand trick of pulling a rabbit out of a hat or sawing a lady in half. When movie magic can bring to life superheroes, distant planets, and creatures of the deep, the ability for an actor to guess a card out of a deck of 52 seems rather muted. The allure of stage magic is not in the act, but rather in the act occurring right under your very nose. Thus the task when creating a movie about magic is to make a movie that is about more than just magic. In this, Now You See Me is successful; creating a story that is entertaining enough to make you want to believe in the on-screen magic.

The thriller from Louis Leterrier Film Review Now You See Me delivers fast paced action sequences, clever dialogue, and its fair share of twists and gotchas. Now You See Me centers around four magicians: J. Daniel Atlas, a showman played by Jessie Eisenberg; Merritt McKinney, an aged mentalist played by Woody Harrelson; Jack Wilder, a pickpocket played by Dave Franco (yes James’ little brother), and Isla Fisher plays Henley Reeves, a former magician’s assistant turned daring escape artist. The four illusionists are joined through a mysterious figure in a gray hoodie and the financial backing of shady businessman, Arthur Tressler (Michael Caine) to form one of Las Vegas’ biggest acts, the Four Horsemen.

The Four Horsemen’s first act is the seemingly impossible act of robbing a bank in Paris while performing at the MGM Grand on the Vegas strip. Enter the authorities led by FBI agent Dylan Rhodes (Mark Ruffalo) and Interpol agent Alma Dray (Mélanie Laurent), who are befuddled and hard-pressed to arrest the group for an act that couldn’t possibly have happened. The duo, out of their element, enlists the help of world-renowned magic debunker Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman) to expose the Four Horsemen.

The film continues with the Four Horsemen performing even more elaborate heists in the same vein as the Ocean’s 11 franchise in a race to stay one step ahead of Agent Rhodes and the rest of the police force tasked to bring them to justice. Here Leterrier finds a way to mask the fact that none of the actors are trained magicians by filming the performances in a fun, whimsical manner. The heists are detailed and complex enough to keep the audience engaged while remaining just plausible enough to not overwhelm one’s ability to suspend disbelief.

Perhaps the most remarkable element of the heists is that the Four Horsemen keep none of the cash for themselves. This fact leads into an even more elaborate side plot involving secret societies, a mysterious murder, and possibly the existence of real magic. Now You See Me encourages the audience to “come in close, because the more you think you see the easier it will be to fool you.” Thaddeus Bradley’s words ring true. Despite my best efforts I was unable to predict the movie’s inevitable big reveal.
  37. Jun 18, 2013
    If you were actually paying attention the movie, you probably saw that twist coming from a mile away. Despite how predictable the ending was, the witty dialogue throughout the movie was enough to make me feel good about buying the ticket. This was Woody Harrelson's best performance in a long time. The interactions between him and Eisenberg had me laughing the whole time. The humor in thisIf you were actually paying attention the movie, you probably saw that twist coming from a mile away. Despite how predictable the ending was, the witty dialogue throughout the movie was enough to make me feel good about buying the ticket. This was Woody Harrelson's best performance in a long time. The interactions between him and Eisenberg had me laughing the whole time. The humor in this movie should be enough to make up for how predictable the ending was. Expand
  38. Jun 12, 2013
    "Now You See Me" is a good magic movie. When Morgan Freeman explains the magic tricks it takes a while to understand, but I liked the twist at the end. You kinda say to yourself I knew it! The heist they The Four Horse Men) performed was interesting and fun to figure out how they did it. At times it was hard to keep track with the movie, then your back in track with it. That was my only"Now You See Me" is a good magic movie. When Morgan Freeman explains the magic tricks it takes a while to understand, but I liked the twist at the end. You kinda say to yourself I knew it! The heist they The Four Horse Men) performed was interesting and fun to figure out how they did it. At times it was hard to keep track with the movie, then your back in track with it. That was my only problem with movie mostly. Overall i give it an 7 out of 10. The movie was really fun throughout though. Expand
  39. Jun 14, 2013
    It is what you'd expect it to be. An entertaining film without anything profound. I didn't go into it expecting Shawshank Redemption-level movie-making and I was entertained as a result.
  40. Jun 16, 2013
    Not the best movie on magic and heists, but not the worst either. Its extremely polished (great cinematography, music, art direction and special effects), very good acting (you can't go wrong with such a cast Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine are stalwarts, Ruffalo is dependably good, and Isla Fisher looks mesmerising), and a good premise. However, the story/screenplay is where the movieNot the best movie on magic and heists, but not the worst either. Its extremely polished (great cinematography, music, art direction and special effects), very good acting (you can't go wrong with such a cast Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine are stalwarts, Ruffalo is dependably good, and Isla Fisher looks mesmerising), and a good premise. However, the story/screenplay is where the movie takes a hit. Its not very convincing or captivating. It doesn't build the characters after introducing them. Doesn't show how they prepare for each act and how they work as a team except for some friendly banter now and then. And the final twist is not explained properly as to how he planned and executed this whole thing. Hence it leaves you wanting for more! Expand
  41. Jun 6, 2013
    4 magicians (Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher, Dave Franco) are assembled into a super magic act that showers its audiences with money. Meanwhile, the FBI (Mark Ruffalo) and a magic debunker (Morgan Freeman) are out to bust them. The tricks are cool, the look is glossy, the pace never lags and the writing keeps it tight. Just like a good illusion, it's mostly flashy surface4 magicians (Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher, Dave Franco) are assembled into a super magic act that showers its audiences with money. Meanwhile, the FBI (Mark Ruffalo) and a magic debunker (Morgan Freeman) are out to bust them. The tricks are cool, the look is glossy, the pace never lags and the writing keeps it tight. Just like a good illusion, it's mostly flashy surface with minimal deep meaning (thankfully). Go expecting slick summer fun and you'll be thoroughly entertained. Expand
  42. Jun 12, 2013
    This movie was incredible. Ignore the ratings on Metacritic and go see this film. It requires you to think and look in places you would never think to imagine and understand why the trick was happening. At the end there is a moral compass and core for which we should all live by. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie because it kept me on the edge my seat from the very beginning to the end.This movie was incredible. Ignore the ratings on Metacritic and go see this film. It requires you to think and look in places you would never think to imagine and understand why the trick was happening. At the end there is a moral compass and core for which we should all live by. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie because it kept me on the edge my seat from the very beginning to the end. 2 thumbs up! Expand
  43. Jun 11, 2013
    It is really smart and really good, I loved it a lot, it is an action in a different and in a really smart and entertaining way, the acting is good, and the actors really fit, the visuals are astonishing, everything in this movie is amazing except that it is somehow hard to understand.
  44. Sep 12, 2013
    Great movie. I didn't go in expecting very much, and it pleasantly surprised me. The actors are top-notch and the story-line is very interesting (even though, at times, very predictable). The only big minus would be that they didn't focus more on the magicians. I would've loved to see more interactions and more situations between them. Overall, a very good movie!
  45. Jul 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of those movies with a twist in the ending that just ruined the rest of the film. Regardless, it was an enjoyable movie. I was expecting the story to focus more on the Four Horsemen, but instead, most of the movie is told through the detective. (He reminds me of Detective Quentin Lance from CW's Arrow)

The twist in the end is handled poorly, and it creates lots of plot inconsistencies. It can even be fixed easily by saying that Ruffalo's character had himself hypnotised (and a trigger returned his memories) or something, which could explain his apparent ignorance. (I have a theory that Woody Harrison's character is more than who he say he is.) Also, not all the mysteries are answered; Who are the Eye? What is Rhodes' role in the organisation? Do they allow/approve of him using them for his personal vendetta? It seems like they may be setting it up for a sequel, but it may be unlikely now due to the mixed reviews. Despite that, I would love to see them have a shot to finish the story.

Enjoyable, but disappointing.
  46. Aug 24, 2013
    A seriously underrated film. The acting was pretty solid through out Harrelson was hilarious, Freeman was solid, and Ruffalo was a good lead, The rest of the cast was solid as well. Incredibly entertaining movie with well done magic tricks, From start to finish I was entertained. The best part of the film however was the plot. Very well done with a twist you do not see coming at all, ItA seriously underrated film. The acting was pretty solid through out Harrelson was hilarious, Freeman was solid, and Ruffalo was a good lead, The rest of the cast was solid as well. Incredibly entertaining movie with well done magic tricks, From start to finish I was entertained. The best part of the film however was the plot. Very well done with a twist you do not see coming at all, It was a great end to the film in my opinion. I'd highly recommend. Expand
  47. Jul 5, 2013
    If you go to the movies to be entertained, then ignore the critic's reviews. For some reason, they think movies must have some deep underlying impact on society or mankind, otherwise they are not worth viewing. I on the other hand watch movies to be entertained.....and this movie does exactly that. Although there are likely no oscar nominations here, the pace is fast, there is a lot ofIf you go to the movies to be entertained, then ignore the critic's reviews. For some reason, they think movies must have some deep underlying impact on society or mankind, otherwise they are not worth viewing. I on the other hand watch movies to be entertained.....and this movie does exactly that. Although there are likely no oscar nominations here, the pace is fast, there is a lot of action and the script keeps you guessing. What more could you want? As further validity to my conviction, notice that 43 or the top 45 most helpful user reviews are GREEN! Go see it. Expand
  48. Jun 22, 2013
    I liked a lot of things about this movie... I liked the story line, I liked the acting, I liked the cinematography, I liked the cast, but most of all I liked the fact that there was NO vulgar language or graphic sex scenes as seem to pervade most movies these days. It seems that the only way people communicate these days is with a lot of vulgar language.... It was so nice to set through aI liked a lot of things about this movie... I liked the story line, I liked the acting, I liked the cinematography, I liked the cast, but most of all I liked the fact that there was NO vulgar language or graphic sex scenes as seem to pervade most movies these days. It seems that the only way people communicate these days is with a lot of vulgar language.... It was so nice to set through a movie that I did not think to myself, is there any one who has enough of a vocabulary that they can write a script that contains a higher level of communication. I would categorize this movie as a type of old time classic... and give it a Bravo Expand
  49. Jul 3, 2013
    This movie is great! The magic is astonishing, most of it highly unrealistic however (but I don't know magic well enough). Still, this movie is crazy smart, full of action and very cool sequences. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an action/fun movie to watch. You wont regret it!
  50. Aug 4, 2013
    A great movie with lots of surprises with some good morally ambiguous elements and characters that make you question who's right and who's wrong. The cop may be an but that's probably intentional. You could have known many of the twists were coming if you were smart, but much of it plays with your expectations. My only complaint was the 3rd magician introduced (The one that faked his ownA great movie with lots of surprises with some good morally ambiguous elements and characters that make you question who's right and who's wrong. The cop may be an but that's probably intentional. You could have known many of the twists were coming if you were smart, but much of it plays with your expectations. My only complaint was the 3rd magician introduced (The one that faked his own death) was a bit bland ad underdeveloped. Expand
  51. Jun 21, 2013
    I have been hearing that the movie had a big twist, and that, kind of, scared me because I thought it would suck. But I'm so happy I was wrong, I enjoyed every minute, and the end really leaves you wanting more. It truly deserves a 10.
  52. Jun 28, 2013
    My score for this movie might be a bit generous, as there are some glaring holes in the story, but I personally love heist movies. This movie is a very clever heist movie with all the fun and drama of Oceans 11 combined with some very good action sequences. The cast is superb, just like Oceans, and the characters are all well written. Mark Ruffalo fresh off of his turn as Hulk inMy score for this movie might be a bit generous, as there are some glaring holes in the story, but I personally love heist movies. This movie is a very clever heist movie with all the fun and drama of Oceans 11 combined with some very good action sequences. The cast is superb, just like Oceans, and the characters are all well written. Mark Ruffalo fresh off of his turn as Hulk in Avengers, plays a great angry FBI agent and it was cool to see Eisenberg and Harrelson back together from Zombieland.

The movie's holes are big enough to drown a herd of elephants but if you can suspend disbelief and just enjoy the movie, you will not be disappointed. I don't have a lot to say on it because I don't want to give anything away but all of the heists are explained in true Oceans 11 fashion. I highly recommend this movie for a DVD rental but not worth the price of admission in a crowded summer movie season.
  53. Jun 22, 2013
    By far, the best movie I've seen this year. So incredible! I loved the plot! It was so smart and so well-written!
    The cast was perfect and the special-effects were the best I've ever seen! The direction was also very good.
    The end was definetely unexpected. It was so smart, that I am still thinking on it, almost a week, after the time I saw it. I really loved the fact that almost nothing in the movie was expectable. It kept me thinking and watching. I didn't feel bored, even for a second. The cast was great! Eisenbergm Harrelson, Fiser, Freeman, Caine, Ruffalo. So many stars in one movie! For me, it was one of the best movies of the last ages. So fascinating and surprising! It's going to leave you speechless!
  54. Aug 8, 2013
    Do we like the magic? Yes, Do we like the heist movies? Of course, Do we like the movies with a big cast? Sometimes, and the movie indeed is a kind of spin-off of the Ocean's Eleven's movies but with magic, so if everybody loves the magic, what can be wrong with the plot, right?
  55. Jun 26, 2013
    Definitely not as goos as The Prestige but a truly fun engaging movie despite the holes in logic. Cast was fun and nice visual effects. Not a favourite but an enjoyable see.
  56. Jun 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Now you see me, a caper-styled movie in the midst of sci-fi flood. The story was quiet unique, in the first and the middle, the director and writer was clever enough to hide that the real thief was one of the investigators of the case. There might be some questions regarding to the ending, yet it was very confusing if we don't see and understand it clearly on the front and middle part of the movie. Even though it was a great job for the writer and director to create a thriller crime movie genre mixed with magic stuff that really amazes the audience. Expand
  57. Jul 2, 2013
    I really liked this movie. I really wish they didn't show end scenes in the commercials for it but it was a great escape for the weekend. The characters were engaging the end surprises were surprising. All in all a great movie if you can just relax and enjoy it.
  58. Jul 10, 2013
    I really enjoyed this movie, it was equally entertaining, suspenseful and funny at times. However, it was hard to follow at times. Overall, I enjoyed this movie a lot!
  59. Sep 25, 2013
    A very enjoyable film that rests more on movie magic more than believable world-stage showcases in which Now You See Me spends most of its time focusing on. Still, Now You See Me hits a certain chord that resonates quite well with a plot that actually ends up being interesting instead of hollow and pointless, which could have easily been the case. It's the Prestige with more flash but aA very enjoyable film that rests more on movie magic more than believable world-stage showcases in which Now You See Me spends most of its time focusing on. Still, Now You See Me hits a certain chord that resonates quite well with a plot that actually ends up being interesting instead of hollow and pointless, which could have easily been the case. It's the Prestige with more flash but a bit less substance. Even so, it's easy to argue that just because it's not always perfect, doesn't mean you still can't have a lot of fun. The cast and lights draw you in and the pacing is swift enough to not make you feel like you need additional character development. I loved Now You See Me, and many others will too. Expand
  60. Sep 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a decently rewarding film–the final reveal is somewhat surprising and there are numerous scenes with very pretty cinematography. That being said, it is cheapened by two things: the unnecessary use of CGI in certain acts, and the romance forced upon the audience. While it is somewhat helpful to the narrative to have the character of Alma Dray (played by Mélanie Laurent) make it appear that Dylan Rhodes (played by Mark Ruffalo) is even more incompetent/out of his league, the romance is not. The Alma Dray component could have been played by a lesbian or heterosexual male agent (the point isn't the sexuality, just that closing off the potential for the any sort of romance wouldn't have hurt the purpose of the Dray character... hell just make her faithfully married for all I care). Or if you really want, let those characters partake in a romance in the world of this story...just don't show it to the audience. The tension, the lines, and the story between the two is patently forced...to then end on that note is to illogically end on a weaker "punch" for the movie. Expand
  61. Apr 27, 2014
    One of the better heist-thrillers I've seen. With an all-star cast and plenty of twists and turns this is one that I found extremely entertaining. The use of magic makes this better than it otherwise would have been. Watching the tricks play out in the scenes is awesome. A particular fight scene's use of illusions and trick is particularly impressive. There are one or two slow moments inOne of the better heist-thrillers I've seen. With an all-star cast and plenty of twists and turns this is one that I found extremely entertaining. The use of magic makes this better than it otherwise would have been. Watching the tricks play out in the scenes is awesome. A particular fight scene's use of illusions and trick is particularly impressive. There are one or two slow moments in the film, and the romance between the interpol and FBI agent is predictable and bland, but otherwise this is one awesome movie. One of the best I've watched in quite a while. I give it a 9.8/10-Amazing. Expand
  62. Jun 13, 2014
    Less then the expected. The greatest problem is about the magic. Several of them are full of computer graphics, what makes you fell like even Chris Angel could never performance that.
    But at the end, you stares at the screen with the same face that when you discover how a magic is done.
    It worth to watch, but is a little bit wearisome.
    Enjoy
  63. Apr 1, 2014
    Totally entertaining and surprising. It was a perfect popcorn movie and nothing more. Great cast and just like going on an amusement ride. Of course it's not deep or meaningful -- if I wanted that, there are plenty of other films out there.
  64. Oct 8, 2013
    Good story with some twists and a slight touch of fiction, a lot of nice actors and characters. All the thing is about tricks, magic and illusions and a criminal element of epic robberies. Nice one to watch, most of the plot details are well explained.
  65. Jan 7, 2014
    I would have to agree with the average viewers score of 6.9. I know that professional reviewers think each movie needs to be like something from film school. I look for a video that is entertaining. I believe this movie is very entertaining.
  66. Jan 3, 2014
    Founder of Facebook Jesse Eisenberg stars alongside Isla Fisher, Woody Harrelson and Dave Franco as the Four Horsemen a group of criminal magicians. Mark Ruffalo gives a brilliant performance as the Interpol agent Dylan Rhodes trying to track them down. And just to top it all off Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine star as money grabbing bastards.

Most of the cast do a good job. Following

Most of the cast do a good job. Following Zombieland Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg have obvious chemistry, some of their conversations are actually very funny. The other two horsemen Isla Fisher and Dave Franco are nothing special, but not bad. No surprise Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine are extremely entertaining especially when on screen together. But the star of the show is definitely Bruce Banner himself Mark Ruffalo. Some of his dialogue is very cheesy, so he performs the dialogue in such a good way that it doesn't bother you. Undoubtedly the strongest performance in the whole movie. It's just the way that his character was used which pisses me off.

Up until the last ten minutes all is well. The plot has been cleverly written and sort of makes sense. Most of the loose ends have been tied up, even if they have not been resolved in a very good way. Then the major twist happens and it's ****

***SPOILER ALERT***

It turns out that Mark Ruffalo's character (not The Incredible Hulk) was the mastermind behind the whole conspiracy all along. And his reasons for this are that his Dad gave him a watch the day he died. The twist felt so forced and so unrealistic that it almost the whole movie. Why would Dylan Rhodes bother leading the case trying to track down the four horsemen if he was behind it? Why didn't he tell the magicians who he was and make it all so much easier? Why did he purposely cause car accidents and possibly kill innocent people? Why did he randomly hang around at that abandoned fairground at the end of the movie? It would have been better if the movie just finished when the magicians jumped off the roof and turned into money. That would have been awesome! But instead they had to go all Oceans Eleven on us.

Overall Now You See Me is a decent movie with a brilliant plot and interesting characters, but a very disappointing and cliched twist which took the magic out of it all. (See what I did there).
  67. Aug 31, 2014
    "The more you look, the less you see." - J Daniel Atlas

What can i say,.Is a f**king nice movie.I like it!

*****************************************
  68. Oct 6, 2013
    Now You See Me was an enjoyable movie while you are watching but it leaves no lasting effects. I really enjoyed the 4 main characters and how well they worked together. The plot was actually interesting and it had some cool twist (which were kind of predictable). It's everything you want in a lazy Sunday afternoon movie on the couch.
  69. May 25, 2014
    I really like this movie. Is it the best? Not by any means, but visually it is a spectacle to say the least. The character development isn't up to par, and the plot is too fast and isn't explained as much as it should be, normally those would ruin a movie and is what kept this film from getting tremendous reviews. That said though, it's a wonderful premise and the actin is outstanding. NowI really like this movie. Is it the best? Not by any means, but visually it is a spectacle to say the least. The character development isn't up to par, and the plot is too fast and isn't explained as much as it should be, normally those would ruin a movie and is what kept this film from getting tremendous reviews. That said though, it's a wonderful premise and the actin is outstanding. Now You See Me puts you into a wonderful fantasy world and will leave audiences eagerly waiting for the next installment of the franchise Expand
  70. Feb 26, 2014
    Man, everytime I see the 'professional' reviews I cringe, this movie was terrific, intricate and very captivating. I was prepared to give this one a 7 or an 8, but the resolution was way better than I thought. Enjoyed thoroughly, some really neat twists, and believable characters; what more could you want from a movie?
  71. Sep 6, 2013
    There's no doubt the film has a few issues. There are some plotlines that are poorly established and are left unresolved and the female characters lack any real definition and act more as side players when they should be just as prominent as the men. However, "Now You See Me" provides fun entertainment with it's "Ocean's Eleven" with magic formula. The story is easy to get behind, theThere's no doubt the film has a few issues. There are some plotlines that are poorly established and are left unresolved and the female characters lack any real definition and act more as side players when they should be just as prominent as the men. However, "Now You See Me" provides fun entertainment with it's "Ocean's Eleven" with magic formula. The story is easy to get behind, the illusions in the film are crafty and neat and the actors are fantastic...especially Mark Ruffalo who, once again, steals the film and commands attention. Expand
  72. Aug 4, 2013
    My expectations weren't so high and I got what I wanted. A great plot with good twists and good acting performances. Sometimes it felt like I was watching a mix of the Usual Suspects and the Prestige. It may not be the best of the year but it's definitely fun to see
  73. Aug 25, 2013
    What a mind-boggling film! I was at the edge of my seat the entire time, wondering what had happened and who's who. The story is so interesting. The cast is so talented. There's really nothing not to love!
  74. Aug 24, 2013
    For those who have not seen this movie and want a opinion of someone who watches movies quite often and has a real feel for more than what you see here is and honest view of this movie.

I went into this movie thinking it would be very entertaining and the special effects would be great. Knowing how magicians work, just from seeing David Copperfield and a few others in person, I knew it would be over the top scenes and hoped they would be entertaining. What I didn't expect was to see a movie with a creative plot and actors who fit their characters as well as everyone did. I could not see Woody Harrelson being anyone other than who he played, and the same goes for Michael Caine, Mark Ruffalo, and Morgan Freeman along with the rest of the 4 Horsemen. As far as the story went it was well played out and kept me watching to see more and wanting more. There are a few moments when you probably know what is going to happen, but the movie doesn't give away too much which made it great in that aspect. From the first scene to the last I was very pleased with how the movie flowed and never did I feel that parts of it were over the top or stupid by any means. This was one of the better movies I have seen in the last 3 years and for me that is saying something big.

Now for anyone who gives this movie a bad rating or said it was horrible, I only ask what do you want from big named movies out of Hollywood anymore? With so many prequels, sequels, and money grabbers over the last decade what do you expect to get for movies? It is coming to the point where original ideas are not thought up every 2 years anymore and it is more like 7 years apart. Everything has been done to the point of overkill in many instances. Know You See Me was fresh and well thought out which makes this a great movie. So many movies are made after books, comics, tv shows, or plain remakes of movies from 20+ years ago that having a movie like this come along is a refreshing new twist on older material.

Overall enjoy the movie for what it is, a great story with twists and awesome action and effects and I guarantee you will enjoy it.
  75. Aug 30, 2013
    Movie is thrilling, exciting and when I watched it i couldn't wait to see what will happen next. Dialogue was good made me laugh many times as well as the action scenes. Overall the move is very good, if you ignore the end. You get this character development of a sceptic FBI agent that is good at his job and at the end his personality goes 180 and you see the entire plot, scenes, dialogsMovie is thrilling, exciting and when I watched it i couldn't wait to see what will happen next. Dialogue was good made me laugh many times as well as the action scenes. Overall the move is very good, if you ignore the end. You get this character development of a sceptic FBI agent that is good at his job and at the end his personality goes 180 and you see the entire plot, scenes, dialogs (what made this movie as excellent as it is) as fake. If you want to see the movie again, with your friends or family, you can't do it unless you ignore the ending, that you previously saw, to re experience the great plot in the first 90% part. Expand
  76. Sep 4, 2013
    "Now You See Me" one of the best movie I have seen this year. I really loved it so much and enjoyed the time watching it. Amazing one they deserved 10/10
  77. Sep 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing. That is the one word I use to describe to quality and high end CGI (Computer-Generated Imagery) effects in Now You See Me. This movie puts into reality what magic will turn into years from now. Big stage effects, using magic to rob banks and transport people. We have big names featured in this movie such as Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Dave Franco, Mark Ruffalo, Isla Fisher, Morgan Freeman, and many more.

The movie starts introducing us to all of the magicians featured like Daniel Atlas (Jesse Eisenberg) doing an amazing card trick (that I still can't figure out) and impressing some young girls. All four street magicians receive special cards with an address to meet up at. This is how they started their hit show, known as "The Four Horseman."

The Horseman, at their packed Las Vegas Show picking a supposedly random audience member, having him state his bank, and then teleported to rob the whole bank. When the bank opens in the morning, they see the money missing and take all the magicians to prison to be questioned. As magic plays a big role in the movie, Daniel pulls off an amazing trick flipping the handcuffs off of him and onto Dylan Rhodes. (Mark Ruffalo) I think that this is one of my favorite parts of the movie because (being a former magician) tricks like these can actually be done.

Throughout the Four Horseman’s performances, Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman) has a TV show that busts their tricks every episode. During the movie, the Horseman perform more elaborate tricks and they are busted by Thaddeus.

The movie blew the audience away with a mind-blowing turn the film took and had an amazing ending. This is a film I had a lot of questions about when it was over. Even paying full attention I was not sure about some events. I think this may have been just because I am a teen, but Now You See Me is my movie of the year pick and I definitely recommend it to any demographic. If you pay attention, Now You See Me will reward.
  78. Sep 7, 2013
    Who ever gives this movie less then a 8, well then he just didn't understand it. The movie is well executed has a a lot of twist's and interesting magic scenes some action as well, and the actors are just fantastic
  79. Sep 12, 2013
    Pretty nice movie. Really nice magic tricks. Ah, and i also loved the music of this (i mean a soundtrack). I love magic and magicians, this movie was really pretty nice. 2 months ago i watched it and i loved it.
    I highly recommend it to you if you especially love magicians and magic tricks.
  80. Nov 2, 2013
    This is the best movie of 2013, period. From start to finish, everything in this movie is top notch. Humour, script, acting, twists, flash, music, characters, plot, originality, and especially excitement. I haven't seen a heist film this good since Charlie Croker's italian gold heist ten years ago. If you give this movie below a 5, chances are I'm gonna want to debate and question you.
  81. Oct 6, 2013
    MY THINK
    Now you see me one of the best movies i ve ever seen because the cast, acting, ending, fiction, story and writing
    OK this movie had some nonsense moments but almost every movie have some nonsense
    Don't worry if u planning to watching this movie you will absolutely love it so entertaining movie
  82. Dec 12, 2013
    From the beginning to the end, the movie is packed with tension that leave you at the end of your seat. Generally public) this movie is great but to Magicians fanatics or critics this might not be a great movie. Its
    all about the appeal. Great movie!
  83. Jul 20, 2014
    The movies plot really is extremely convenient, with it's story tied to random chance. Various plot points and questions were still unresolved at the film's conclusion. It's confusing at times and implausible. However, if you can ignore that, you will enjoy this movie. An entertaining movie with a strange premise but two huge twists at the end. A cast that really hold this entire movie up,The movies plot really is extremely convenient, with it's story tied to random chance. Various plot points and questions were still unresolved at the film's conclusion. It's confusing at times and implausible. However, if you can ignore that, you will enjoy this movie. An entertaining movie with a strange premise but two huge twists at the end. A cast that really hold this entire movie up, and very well too. Liked the magic and action. You really must see this movie.

And whether you like it or not, a sequel is being planned!

(And P.S, you may have seen or read this review under "'andrewgarcia732". I can't get into my old account and have started a new one.)
  84. Jan 16, 2014
    The story of the film is excellent including direction, cinematography and stunts all are excellent. I less often see that much entertaining movie. I highly recommend this movie. Please watch and enjoy this movie.
  85. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Now You See Me was absolutely amazing. The magic tricks weren't just amazing/impossible, but nobody would've thought of doing magic tricks like these.
  86. Apr 19, 2014
    There are so many twists and turns in this movie and it is great. The magic part of this movie is also really cool and keeps your mind going and into it the whole time. They add many illusions in the movie to keep your mind thinking and maybe not always following what is going on but I really like that about this movie. Also there is a great ending that I don't think anyone could have predicted.
  87. Apr 30, 2014
    Louis Leterrier’s film “Now You See Me,” is fun, easy to enjoy movie. The film does a great job of being flashy with grand spectacles without taking itself too seriously. The four main magicians who work together have great balance in character, and tons of crowd appeal. What this movie lacks in a meaningful message, it makes up with amazing tricks and twists that will leave the audienceLouis Leterrier’s film “Now You See Me,” is fun, easy to enjoy movie. The film does a great job of being flashy with grand spectacles without taking itself too seriously. The four main magicians who work together have great balance in character, and tons of crowd appeal. What this movie lacks in a meaningful message, it makes up with amazing tricks and twists that will leave the audience unable to guess the next move. Add a feel good ending with an interesting twist, and this movie makes a solid addition to any easy watching movie list. Expand
  88. Nov 23, 2014
    One of the best thriller movies I have ever seen. Now You See Me is full of a great cast and its the perfect mind screwing movie. It easy to follow but there is always something that twists the plot and gets you even more hooked.
  89. Nov 9, 2014
    Now You See Me's convoluted third act and one dimensional characters robs the magic it weaves throughout the remainder of the movie and all of its visual splendour.
  90. Sep 14, 2014
    What an awesome and entertaining movie. Surprising plot twist after plot twist and in the end everything fits together like a puzzle. The reveal of the mastermind at the end will surprise everyone. All theories I made up were destroyed. Another plus factor is that the movie is enjoyable from start to finish. The cast did a great job and each role was well chosen. The creativity in thisWhat an awesome and entertaining movie. Surprising plot twist after plot twist and in the end everything fits together like a puzzle. The reveal of the mastermind at the end will surprise everyone. All theories I made up were destroyed. Another plus factor is that the movie is enjoyable from start to finish. The cast did a great job and each role was well chosen. The creativity in this movie is ideal. I would not say there are no flaws in this movie but it is so good you will forget your complains. Overall the most positive movie surprise in 2013. Expand
  91. Jun 26, 2015
    A fairly entertaining movie. It shows even more why Eisenberg can completely impress the world with his acting chops. But the cleverness of the script is impressive. the only negative is that it is way too long and drags on to much

1. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Jul 5, 2013
    Ocean’s Eleven meets The Prestige? Not quite. Starts well, ends in a heap, but in between there’s just enough splash and flash to distract from the lack of substance
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jul 5, 2013
    Overcooked, overcomplicated and underinteresting, this heist caper turns into a mess.
  3. Reviewed by: Ignatiy Vishnevetsky
    Jun 6, 2013
    Much of what makes Now You See Me so entertaining — in a gaudy, disposable, Vegas act sort of way — is its ever-escalating ridiculousness.