6.9

1. Jun 4, 2013
    Just ignore all the bad critics and mediocre rate. This movie is incredible!. Even though, It isn't as perfect as The Prestige. But it's absolutely worth to watch! From the beginning till the end, you'll feel the tension and enlightened moment. The twist is awesome. Great job Morgan! you confused me a lot.
  2. May 31, 2013
    This was a surprisingly good crime thriller. The effects were great, story and actors were all well done. Pacing was good if not better than average for the length and it didn't try to force in room for a sequel or ruin it by showing to much in the previews. A must watch.
  3. Jun 5, 2013
    We thoroughly enjoyed this movie...fun entertainment with a surprising twist at the very end. Not a lot of magic in the film, but enough to keep you watching for the next trick. I do not like either Harrelson or Freeman since both seem so arrogant, but the cast just *worked* together. Certainly a far better movie than a lot I have seen lately, but I go to be lost in the magic of movies, not for any deep psychological studies or great social commentary. Expand
  4. Jun 4, 2013
    "Well acted, well directed and an amazing concept and story. Now You See Me is the freshest, coolest and one of the most original flicks to come along this year. Filled with surprises at every corner and a stunning final act, its a film you have to see." A-
  5. Jun 8, 2013
    Yet another instance where I am glad I did not listen to the 'professional' reviewers. This movie kept me entertained every minute. 'Now You See Me' is clever and fun. I appreciated that there was humor without a bunch of silliness, no long lulls of character back story development, and no sequel set up at the end. I also like that it was smart, but not overly complicated. I took my mom and my teenaged kids and everyone was able follow the plot through all the twists and turns. We all loved it! Expand
  6. Jun 29, 2013
    Now you see me is pleasant and a clever surprise, with some fascinating effects and one of a kind cast. I loved what the movie is about and I had a really good time watching it, some problems with the movie that are not worth to talk about, despite mediocre reviews, Now you see me is one of the best of 2013.
  7. Jun 6, 2013
    4 magicians (Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher, Dave Franco) are assembled into a super magic act that showers its audiences with money. Meanwhile, the FBI (Mark Ruffalo) and a magic debunker (Morgan Freeman) are out to bust them. The tricks are cool, the look is glossy, the pace never lags and the writing keeps it tight. Just like a good illusion, it's mostly flashy surface with minimal deep meaning (thankfully). Go expecting slick summer fun and you'll be thoroughly entertained. Expand
  8. Jun 3, 2013
    Go see this movie! You will not be disappointed. I found it to be very clever and it has many twists and turns you will not see coming. I compare it to "Oceans 11" and the "Sting".
  9. Jun 13, 2013
    one of the best this year,the plot will surprise you.you will not be able to take your eyes off.too bad Man of steel steals the light from this movie.if you liked The Prestige ,then you will love this one
  10. Jun 12, 2013
    This movie was incredible. Ignore the ratings on Metacritic and go see this film. It requires you to think and look in places you would never think to imagine and understand why the trick was happening. At the end there is a moral compass and core for which we should all live by. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie because it kept me on the edge my seat from the very beginning to the end. 2 thumbs up! Expand
  11. Jun 11, 2013
    It is really smart and really good, I loved it a lot, it is an action in a different and in a really smart and entertaining way, the acting is good, and the actors really fit, the visuals are astonishing, everything in this movie is amazing except that it is somehow hard to understand.
  12. Jun 11, 2013
    I was really enjoying the movie at the beginning but then it sort of went downhill and they didn't pull off the final performance as well as the first one; I was starting to change my mind about this movie until the most mind-blowing, unexpected, and gut-wrenching ending came up that made me recap the whole movie and actually think it was one of the most entertaining movies I've ever seen.
  13. Jun 4, 2013
    It's one of those movies that left you guessing until the very end. No one saw it coming. Incredible twist with flavor. It had comedy... And they wasn't trying to hard on the comedy, which is good because If you try to hard it could ruin the movie. I give it a ten.
  14. Jun 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I give it a nine, without a second thought. The actors are all amazingly acclaimed talents, and every single one of them fulfilled his/her role. The pacing was great, the visual effects were stunning, and the plot was brilliantly executed. The catchline of the movie is 'Come in closer, because the more you look, the less you see.' I don't know that the audiences are realizing that THEY are the ones seeing the magic trick.
    The film doesn't center around the Four Horsemen. It's centered around Dylan Rhodes, and Ruffalo plays the bumbling cop who's always a step behind with the classic brilliance we've come to expect from him. You realize after watching it that YOU are the mark in this con, and you don't see the ending coming.
  15. Nov 1, 2013
    The movies plot really is extremely convenient, with it's story tied to random chance. Various plot points and questions were still unresolved at the film's conclusion. It's confusing at times and implausible. However, if you can ignore that, you will enjoy this movie. An entertaining movie with a strange premise but two huge twists at the end. A cast that really hold this entire movie up, and very well too. Liked the magic and action. You really must see this movie.
    And whether you like it or not, a sequel is being planned!

If you liked this review, read my other ones by clicking on my name and mark this review as helpful. Remember, every vote counts!
  16. Apr 27, 2014
    One of the better heist-thrillers I've seen. With an all-star cast and plenty of twists and turns this is one that I found extremely entertaining. The use of magic makes this better than it otherwise would have been. Watching the tricks play out in the scenes is awesome. A particular fight scene's use of illusions and trick is particularly impressive. There are one or two slow moments in the film, and the romance between the interpol and FBI agent is predictable and bland, but otherwise this is one awesome movie. One of the best I've watched in quite a while. I give it a 9.8/10-Amazing. Expand
  17. Jun 13, 2014
    Less then the expected. The greatest problem is about the magic. Several of them are full of computer graphics, what makes you fell like even Chris Angel could never performance that.
    But at the end, you stares at the screen with the same face that when you discover how a magic is done.
    It worth to watch, but is a little bit wearisome.
    Enjoy
  18. Jul 5, 2013
    If you go to the movies to be entertained, then ignore the critic's reviews. For some reason, they think movies must have some deep underlying impact on society or mankind, otherwise they are not worth viewing. I on the other hand watch movies to be entertained.....and this movie does exactly that. Although there are likely no oscar nominations here, the pace is fast, there is a lot of action and the script keeps you guessing. What more could you want? As further validity to my conviction, notice that 43 or the top 45 most helpful user reviews are GREEN! Go see it. Collapse
  19. Apr 1, 2014
    Totally entertaining and surprising. It was a perfect popcorn movie and nothing more. Great cast and just like going on an amusement ride. Of course it's not deep or meaningful -- if I wanted that, there are plenty of other films out there.
  20. Jun 22, 2013
    I liked a lot of things about this movie... I liked the story line, I liked the acting, I liked the cinematography, I liked the cast, but most of all I liked the fact that there was NO vulgar language or graphic sex scenes as seem to pervade most movies these days. It seems that the only way people communicate these days is with a lot of vulgar language.... It was so nice to set through a movie that I did not think to myself, is there any one who has enough of a vocabulary that they can write a script that contains a higher level of communication. I would categorize this movie as a type of old time classic... and give it a Bravo Expand
  21. Jul 3, 2013
    This movie is great! The magic is astonishing, most of it highly unrealistic however (but I don't know magic well enough). Still, this movie is crazy smart, full of action and very cool sequences. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an action/fun movie to watch. You wont regret it!
  22. Jun 21, 2013
    I have been hearing that the movie had a big twist, and that, kind of, scared me because I thought it would suck. But I'm so happy I was wrong, I enjoyed every minute, and the end really leaves you wanting more. It truly deserves a 10.
  23. Feb 26, 2014
    Man, everytime I see the 'professional' reviews I cringe, this movie was terrific, intricate and very captivating. I was prepared to give this one a 7 or an 8, but the resolution was way better than I thought. Enjoyed thoroughly, some really neat twists, and believable characters; what more could you want from a movie?
  24. Jun 22, 2013
    By far, the best movie I've seen this year. So incredible! I loved the plot! It was so smart and so well-written!
    The cast was perfect and the special-effects were the best I've ever seen! The direction was also very good.
    The end was definetely unexpected. It was so smart, that I am still thinking on it, almost a week, after the time I saw it. I really loved the fact that almost nothing
    in the movie was expectable. It kept me thinking and watching. I didn't feel bored, even for a second. The cast was great! Eisenbergm Harrelson, Fiser, Freeman, Caine, Ruffalo. So many stars in one movie! For me, it was one of the best movies of the last ages. So fascinating and surprising! It's going to leave you speechless! Expand
  25. Jun 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Now you see me, a caper-styled movie in the midst of sci-fi flood. The story was quiet unique, in the first and the middle, the director and writer was clever enough to hide that the real thief was one of the investigators of the case. There might be some questions regarding to the ending, yet it was very confusing if we don't see and understand it clearly on the front and middle part of the movie. Even though it was a great job for the writer and director to create a thriller crime movie genre mixed with magic stuff that really amazes the audience. Expand
  26. Aug 25, 2013
    What a mind-boggling film! I was at the edge of my seat the entire time, wondering what had happened and who's who. The story is so interesting. The cast is so talented. There's really nothing not to love!
  27. Aug 24, 2013
    For those who have not seen this movie and want a opinion of someone who watches movies quite often and has a real feel for more than what you see here is and honest view of this movie.

I went into this movie thinking it would be very entertaining and the special effects would be great. Knowing how magicians work, just from seeing David Copperfield and a few others in person, I knew it
    would be over the top scenes and hoped they would be entertaining. What I didn't expect was to see a movie with a creative plot and actors who fit their characters as well as everyone did. I could not see Woody Harrelson being anyone other than who he played, and the same goes for Michael Caine, Mark Ruffalo, and Morgan Freeman along with the rest of the 4 Horsemen. As far as the story went it was well played out and kept me watching to see more and wanting more. There are a few moments when you probably know what is going to happen, but the movie doesn't give away too much which made it great in that aspect. From the first scene to the last I was very pleased with how the movie flowed and never did I feel that parts of it were over the top or stupid by any means. This was one of the better movies I have seen in the last 3 years and for me that is saying something big.

Now for anyone who gives this movie a bad rating or said it was horrible, I only ask what do you want from big named movies out of Hollywood anymore? With so many prequels, sequels, and money grabbers over the last decade what do you expect to get for movies? It is coming to the point where original ideas are not thought up every 2 years anymore and it is more like 7 years apart. Everything has been done to the point of overkill in many instances. Know You See Me was fresh and well thought out which makes this a great movie. So many movies are made after books, comics, tv shows, or plain remakes of movies from 20+ years ago that having a movie like this come along is a refreshing new twist on older material.

Overall enjoy the movie for what it is, a great story with twists and awesome action and effects and I guarantee you will enjoy it.
  28. Sep 4, 2013
    "Now You See Me" one of the best movie I have seen this year. I really loved it so much and enjoyed the time watching it. Amazing one they deserved 10/10
  29. Sep 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing. That is the one word I use to describe to quality and high end CGI (Computer-Generated Imagery) effects in Now You See Me. This movie puts into reality what magic will turn into years from now. Big stage effects, using magic to rob banks and transport people. We have big names featured in this movie such as Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Dave Franco, Mark Ruffalo, Isla Fisher, Morgan Freeman, and many more.

The movie starts introducing us to all of the magicians featured like Daniel Atlas (Jesse Eisenberg) doing an amazing card trick (that I still can't figure out) and impressing some young girls. All four street magicians receive special cards with an address to meet up at. This is how they started their hit show, known as "The Four Horseman."

The Horseman, at their packed Las Vegas Show picking a supposedly random audience member, having him state his bank, and then teleported to rob the whole bank. When the bank opens in the morning, they see the money missing and take all the magicians to prison to be questioned. As magic plays a big role in the movie, Daniel pulls off an amazing trick flipping the handcuffs off of him and onto Dylan Rhodes. (Mark Ruffalo) I think that this is one of my favorite parts of the movie because (being a former magician) tricks like these can actually be done.

Throughout the Four Horseman’s performances, Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman) has a TV show that busts their tricks every episode. During the movie, the Horseman perform more elaborate tricks and they are busted by Thaddeus.

The movie blew the audience away with a mind-blowing turn the film took and had an amazing ending. This is a film I had a lot of questions about when it was over. Even paying full attention I was not sure about some events. I think this may have been just because I am a teen, but Now You See Me is my movie of the year pick and I definitely recommend it to any demographic. If you pay attention, Now You See Me will reward.
  30. Sep 7, 2013
    Who ever gives this movie less then a 8, well then he just didn't understand it. The movie is well executed has a a lot of twist's and interesting magic scenes some action as well, and the actors are just fantastic
  31. Nov 2, 2013
    This is the best movie of 2013, period. From start to finish, everything in this movie is top notch. Humour, script, acting, twists, flash, music, characters, plot, originality, and especially excitement. I haven't seen a heist film this good since Charlie Croker's italian gold heist ten years ago. If you give this movie below a 5, chances are I'm gonna want to debate and question you.
  32. Oct 6, 2013
    MY THINK
    Now you see me one of the best movies i ve ever seen because the cast, acting, ending, fiction, story and writing
    OK this movie had some nonsense moments but almost every movie have some nonsense
    Don't worry if u planning to watching this movie you will absolutely love it so entertaining movie
  33. Dec 12, 2013
    From the beginning to the end, the movie is packed with tension that leave you at the end of your seat. Generally public) this movie is great but to Magicians fanatics or critics this might not be a great movie. Its
    all about the appeal. Great movie!
  34. Jul 20, 2014

And whether you like it or not, a sequel is being planned!

(And P.S, you may have seen or read this review under "'andrewgarcia732". I can't get into my old account and have started a new one.)
  35. Jan 16, 2014
    The story of the film is excellent including direction, cinematography and stunts all are excellent. I less often see that much entertaining movie. I highly recommend this movie. Please watch and enjoy this movie.
  36. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Now You See Me was absolutely amazing. The magic tricks weren't just amazing/impossible, but nobody would've thought of doing magic tricks like these.
  37. Sep 14, 2014
    What an awesome and entertaining movie. Surprising plot twist after plot twist and in the end everything fits together like a puzzle. The reveal of the mastermind at the end will surprise everyone. All theories I made up were destroyed. Another plus factor is that the movie is enjoyable from start to finish. The cast did a great job and each role was well chosen. The creativity in this movie is ideal. I would not say there are no flaws in this movie but it is so good you will forget your complains. Overall the most positive movie surprise in 2013. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Jul 5, 2013
    Ocean’s Eleven meets The Prestige? Not quite. Starts well, ends in a heap, but in between there’s just enough splash and flash to distract from the lack of substance
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jul 5, 2013
    Overcooked, overcomplicated and underinteresting, this heist caper turns into a mess.
  3. Reviewed by: Ignatiy Vishnevetsky
    Jun 6, 2013
    Much of what makes Now You See Me so entertaining — in a gaudy, disposable, Vegas act sort of way — is its ever-escalating ridiculousness.