6.9

1. Aug 31, 2014
    "The more you look, the less you see." - J Daniel Atlas

What can i say,.Is a f**king nice movie.I like it!

*****************************************
  2. Aug 5, 2014
    Now You See Me is a metaphor for itself. Everything is about misdirection. All the pomp, flash and promised reveals conspire to distract you from the fact that what you're actually watching is a vacuous, emotionally hollow, absurd movie with no real point or substance.
  3. Jul 20, 2014
    The movies plot really is extremely convenient, with it's story tied to random chance. Various plot points and questions were still unresolved at the film's conclusion. It's confusing at times and implausible. However, if you can ignore that, you will enjoy this movie. An entertaining movie with a strange premise but two huge twists at the end. A cast that really hold this entire movie up, and very well too. Liked the magic and action. You really must see this movie.

And whether you like it or not, a sequel is being planned!

If you liked this review, read my other ones by clicking on my name and mark this review as helpful. Remember, every vote counts!

(And P.S, you may have seen or read this review under "'andrewgarcia732". I can't get into my old account and have started a new one.)
  4. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Now You See Me was absolutely amazing. The magic tricks weren't just amazing/impossible, but nobody would've thought of doing magic tricks like these.
  5. Jul 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Oh how convenient, the "inside guy" was running the whole investigation the entire time. Yeah you really tricked the audience there, haha that was a great trick. And Morgan Freeman finally gets stumped by the tricky plot, so no freckle this time. Expand
  6. Jul 5, 2014
    "Now You See Me" is a decent summer blockbuster until the final act which is just so plainly stupid I don't think I could ever describe it and stay polite at the same time. And also: bad CGI during the magic trick sequences? I'm speechless.
  7. Jun 13, 2014
    Less then the expected. The greatest problem is about the magic. Several of them are full of computer graphics, what makes you fell like even Chris Angel could never performance that.
    But at the end, you stares at the screen with the same face that when you discover how a magic is done.
    It worth to watch, but is a little bit wearisome.
    Enjoy
  8. May 25, 2014
    I really like this movie. Is it the best? Not by any means, but visually it is a spectacle to say the least. The character development isn't up to par, and the plot is too fast and isn't explained as much as it should be, normally those would ruin a movie and is what kept this film from getting tremendous reviews. That said though, it's a wonderful premise and the actin is outstanding. Now You See Me puts you into a wonderful fantasy world and will leave audiences eagerly waiting for the next installment of the franchise Expand
  9. May 25, 2014
    I really don't want to make this a long review so I wont. The cast was amazing but everything else fell short don't get me wrong i still enjoyed the movie while watching it but i just didn't feel the magic and the whole twist at the end was laughable i seen that half way through but hey i guess it tricked my friend. Overall i give it a 6.0 the cast is the only thing that makes this film re-watchable it's also are getting another unnecessary Hollywood sequel. Expand
  10. May 4, 2014
    Given the movie's cast and word of mouth, I was expecting a lot more than I got. Not a total waste of time--the two female leads are gorgeous--but not far from it, either.
  11. Apr 30, 2014
    Louis Leterrier’s film “Now You See Me,” is fun, easy to enjoy movie. The film does a great job of being flashy with grand spectacles without taking itself too seriously. The four main magicians who work together have great balance in character, and tons of crowd appeal. What this movie lacks in a meaningful message, it makes up with amazing tricks and twists that will leave the audience unable to guess the next move. Add a feel good ending with an interesting twist, and this movie makes a solid addition to any easy watching movie list. Expand
  12. Apr 29, 2014
    Like hairography, camera movement is relentless to disguise the lack of innovation and originality beneath it. It features dialogue which serves only to further stereotypes and drag plot in a direction slightly resembling forwards. Were I a magician, I would make this film disappear. I am not, so it remains.
  13. Apr 27, 2014
    One of the better heist-thrillers I've seen. With an all-star cast and plenty of twists and turns this is one that I found extremely entertaining. The use of magic makes this better than it otherwise would have been. Watching the tricks play out in the scenes is awesome. A particular fight scene's use of illusions and trick is particularly impressive. There are one or two slow moments in the film, and the romance between the interpol and FBI agent is predictable and bland, but otherwise this is one awesome movie. One of the best I've watched in quite a while. I give it a 9.8/10-Amazing. Expand
  14. Apr 19, 2014
    There are so many twists and turns in this movie and it is great. The magic part of this movie is also really cool and keeps your mind going and into it the whole time. They add many illusions in the movie to keep your mind thinking and maybe not always following what is going on but I really like that about this movie. Also there is a great ending that I don't think anyone could have predicted.
  15. Apr 1, 2014
    Totally entertaining and surprising. It was a perfect popcorn movie and nothing more. Great cast and just like going on an amusement ride. Of course it's not deep or meaningful -- if I wanted that, there are plenty of other films out there.
  16. Mar 13, 2014
    Although certainly entertaining and with a great cast Now You See Me has a multitude of problems. One of the most notable is how generally dislikable many of the characters are (especially Ruffalo's character). Also the action sequences seem a bit ridiculous considering that it's magicians that are being chased. Not to mention that the twist is idiotic and not all that surprising and it leads to an even less satisfying ending. That said the magic and heist scenes are well done and fun to watch. Expand
  17. Mar 8, 2014
    Now You See Me is a very entertaining and fun movie to watch, with a pretty good twist at the end (no spoilers), but the movie fails to convince us of its premise.
  18. Feb 26, 2014
    Man, everytime I see the 'professional' reviews I cringe, this movie was terrific, intricate and very captivating. I was prepared to give this one a 7 or an 8, but the resolution was way better than I thought. Enjoyed thoroughly, some really neat twists, and believable characters; what more could you want from a movie?
  19. Feb 19, 2014
    Entirely subpar in every aspect. The story is a weak heist meets Robin Hood, meets magic mix, and the magic is meant to be illusions. The plot annoyingly relies on shear luck to get through any situations, although the 8/10 cast, try as they might cant bring this movie up from its score,

4/10 its a little below average, due to the twist that makes most of the story pointless and
    uninteresting story throughout. Expand
  20. Jan 16, 2014
    The story of the film is excellent including direction, cinematography and stunts all are excellent. I less often see that much entertaining movie. I highly recommend this movie. Please watch and enjoy this movie.
  21. Jan 7, 2014
    I would have to agree with the average viewers score of 6.9. I know that professional reviewers think each movie needs to be like something from film school. I look for a video that is entertaining. I believe this movie is very entertaining.
  22. Jan 3, 2014
    Founder of Facebook Jesse Eisenberg stars alongside Isla Fisher, Woody Harrelson and Dave Franco as the Four Horsemen a group of criminal magicians. Mark Ruffalo gives a brilliant performance as the Interpol agent Dylan Rhodes trying to track them down. And just to top it all off Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine star as money grabbing bastards.

Most of the cast do a good job. Following
    Zombieland Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg have obvious chemistry, some of their conversations are actually very funny. The other two horsemen Isla Fisher and Dave Franco are nothing special, but not bad. No surprise Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine are extremely entertaining especially when on screen together. But the star of the show is definitely Bruce Banner himself Mark Ruffalo. Some of his dialogue is very cheesy, so he performs the dialogue in such a good way that it doesn't bother you. Undoubtedly the strongest performance in the whole movie. It's just the way that his character was used which pisses me off.

Up until the last ten minutes all is well. The plot has been cleverly written and sort of makes sense. Most of the loose ends have been tied up, even if they have not been resolved in a very good way. Then the major twist happens and it's ****

***SPOILER ALERT***

It turns out that Mark Ruffalo's character (not The Incredible Hulk) was the mastermind behind the whole conspiracy all along. And his reasons for this are that his Dad gave him a watch the day he died. The twist felt so forced and so unrealistic that it almost the whole movie. Why would Dylan Rhodes bother leading the case trying to track down the four horsemen if he was behind it? Why didn't he tell the magicians who he was and make it all so much easier? Why did he purposely cause car accidents and possibly kill innocent people? Why did he randomly hang around at that abandoned fairground at the end of the movie? It would have been better if the movie just finished when the magicians jumped off the roof and turned into money. That would have been awesome! But instead they had to go all Oceans Eleven on us.

Overall Now You See Me is a decent movie with a brilliant plot and interesting characters, but a very disappointing and cliched twist which took the magic out of it all. (See what I did there).
  23. Dec 24, 2013
    I rarely see bad movies in theaters, I rarely do, but I was forced to watch this, THIS, due to a theater that was so poor on selection, I only picked it because it was the best movie I could think and wasn't a sequel. Oh God, why didn't I just swallow up my idea of watching all movies before sequels and watch like Fast and Furious 5 or 6, because this is the worst I've seen this year, I know it's probably not the worst of the year for most, but since I don't see many bad ones, this is. This movie manages to somehow suck away all of the talent of it's (admittedly charming) cast, and makes them all either repeating a movie they've already been in (Mark Ruffalo) or just sucks away any of their charm or wit (Jesse Eisenberg, Isla Fisher, Woody Harrelson). It's horribly structured, poorly edited, and clumsily executed, however, the biggest error in this disaster heist movie is that it never, NEVER EVER EVER EVER, EXPLAINS WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING, You will constantly be wondering about plot motivations, character motivations, how someone is still alive, how a plan worked, why in the hell would anyone do this, what sense does that make, why, OH WHY, can't these people just sit down, and talk about exposition that we need, not exposition that we don't, somehow, it has a talent of having too MUCH plot, or NO plot at all. This movie is a statistical anomaly, and not in the good way, so just stay away, what ever you do, just stay far away from this film which will bring questions to your head, and not of the thought-provoking kind Expand
  24. Dec 13, 2013
    Really hated this movie. It's been months since I've seen it, but whilst browsing youtube I was reminded of this piece of turd and feel the need to vent. I've never been to a movie and felt so awful after walking out. Even my friend who was super excited to see this film looked at me in the middle of the climax and said "this is really bad". I hated the characters. They were slick and arrogant, con men and thieves but of course they turn out to have hearts of gold and help people get back at evil corporations. The motivation for the main character is so laughably weak I'm left wondering if this movie is suppose to be a satire of bad action movies. The characters were really bland and the plot is super predictable. Although I have to admit I didn't see the plot twist coming, but that's because despite how bad the movie was I didn't think it was going to be that bad. However, The brilliant film makers proved me wrong and overturned whatever little they established in the movie and quickly crammed a whole new back story/character motivation in the final five minutes. I honestly can't say I'm surprised either, I was in such an emotional limbo I couldn't bring myself to care. Expand
  25. Dec 12, 2013
    From the beginning to the end, the movie is packed with tension that leave you at the end of your seat. Generally public) this movie is great but to Magicians fanatics or critics this might not be a great movie. Its
    all about the appeal. Great movie!
  26. Nov 30, 2013
    Given the characters in it,I kind of expected more from this one.Over-exaggeration,inflation,underestimating the IQ of viewers are some of the biggest mistakes of this movie.They tired pulling out The prestige and Italian Job in this one and just got stuck on The Cabin in the Woods i.e Insanity.Some scenes just make you feel "are the police and other guys so dumb!"I am giving a 4 just for the crew..out of which 3 are for Morgan Freeman Expand
  27. Nov 29, 2013
    Although it suffers from a flat ending and can't help feel fictional, Now You See Me provides great visuals and some smart twists (not the last one!) to succeed.
  28. Nov 25, 2013
    Highly unrealistic and implausible. There were plenty of good enjoyable moments though, but I feel like if I hadn't watched it I wouldn't have missed much. Spend your time elsewhere on better movies, or read a book.
  29. Nov 2, 2013
    This is the best movie of 2013, period. From start to finish, everything in this movie is top notch. Humour, script, acting, twists, flash, music, characters, plot, originality, and especially excitement. I haven't seen a heist film this good since Charlie Croker's italian gold heist ten years ago. If you give this movie below a 5, chances are I'm gonna want to debate and question you.
  30. Nov 2, 2013
    One of the worst movies I have seen this year, two hours of my life that I will never get back. The entire cast just did this film for a paycheck. The real magic trick was taking my money.
  31. Nov 1, 2013
    And whether you like it or not, a sequel is being planned!

32. Nov 1, 2013
    This magician-fuelled attempt at being a thriller constantly reminds the viewer that while something is going on here, the real thing is going on elsewhere, a distraction if you will. Well this whole film, enjoyable yet shallow, is a constant distraction, it has a lot of flashing lights and booming music to draw the attention away from a plot that is drawn out to be very complex when, it actual fact, is quite straightforward. It always makes a point of blowing every single detail out of proportion to the point where there are intentional moments to throw the viewer of a scent, a scent that is honestly not that difficult to follow. There is a star cast to back up such a colourful show, Jesse Eisenberg, Isla Fisher, Woody Harrelson and Dave Franco call themselves the Four Horsemen, we see them going about their day to day trickery as street hustlers and con artists, until they are mysteriously brought together as a collective group, Atlas is the showman and illusionist (Eisenberg), Merritt (Harrelson) is the mentalist who has quite a funny opening scene with a woman and her cheating husband, Henley (Fisher) is a beautiful escape artist while Jack (Franco) is a pickpocket and quite the entertaining fighter as well. As these four are brought together and financed by the shady Tressler (Michael Caine), they pull off a ban heist from their Las Vegas show, yet the heist happens in France, after they ‘teleported’ a man from their show to the vault of said bank. What then ensues is a race against time for the viewer, to see if they can outsmart the writers and get to the finish line of the whole plot, the illusions continue but no clear or reasonable motives ever seem to be present, the film definitely lacks in cause for these characters, particularly the role of Thaddeus (Morgan Freeman), a man who makes a living out of debunking magicians, who then decides to help out the FBI agent Rhodes (Mark Ruffalo) to bring down these magicians, only problem being they cannot figure out what their next move will be. As often impressive as the film looks and feels, it never seems anything more than just that, a nice shiny car that has no engine, it lacks the proper character direction, these four talented individuals show no real inclination of why they so desperately want to evade the police and put on a good show, no backstory whatsoever. But despite that, the talent playing them are bang on the mark in bringing a unique approach to each performance, confidence and wonderful trickery often ensues, but can get a bit long in the tooth as there is little point to a lot of it. This is certainly a flashy and in your face technique, delivered through a lot of dizzy camera movements and showmanship, yet drag it all away and there is still something worth seeing here, but it gets lost in all the glamour of trying to put on a big show, this ultimately prevents the film from being as enjoyable as it could have been, it has its thrills, but tries too hard to deliver more in the process. Expand
  33. Oct 31, 2013
    You will not get the time you spend watching this movie back. I just feel bad that Morgan Freeman spent even more of it to make this slick looking, but stupid, stupid movie.
  34. Oct 24, 2013
    Well, it had good enough twists, as well as good acting from most of the cast. However, the plot left a lot of questions unanswered or answered unclearly. It was a good movie. I was just expecting something better.
  35. Oct 16, 2013
    this movie had great actors that I'm a fan and an interesting plot about magic, but the movie is very boring and is full of things quite annoying part until the end was good but the tail end collapsed the entire movie.
  36. Oct 13, 2013
    Intellectually insulting, The story felt like it was written as they were shooting the movie! as did the twists and turns. I couldn't believe people are rating this movie so high!
  37. Oct 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. expected a much better end....
    Anyway i enjoyed movie, but i was expecting more.
    I couldn't understand why these people done all that .
    As long as they doesn't reveal the man it was a way better.
    Suddenly everything spoiled
  38. Oct 12, 2013
    Now You See Me may have an interesting concept and enjoyable at times but it is a huge mess. The film comes off as overproduced; being filled with CGI (and bad CGI of course) and unrealistic scenes that viewers (who aren't already enamoured by the fact that the film is indeed performing a trick on the audience) won't believe at all. The first act comes off as egotistical and the third and final act of the film comes off as frustratingly bad; the unnecessary "twist" ending comes off as...well, unnecessary and incredibly stupid. Like previously stated, the film's second act is the better of the acts since it is somewhat enjoyable to watch. The film is also very confused since it just cannot decide if it wants to be a comedy, an action film or a straight up crime thriller, and also it's characters are confused as well since it keeps changing the depictions of the characters themselves (for example; one moment "The Four Horseman" are anti-heroes, the other moment they are straight-up villains). Speaking of characters, "The Four Horseman" were unlikable and the law-enforcement characters were both dumb and annoying. The only good characters in the film were Morgan Freeman's and Michael Caine's character who also happen to be the best actors in the film as well, the worst actor being Mark Ruffalo, who's acting was absolutely atrocious. In the end, Now You See Me may be entertaining at times but at the end, it just plays a trick on the audience; it may look like a good film but if you look closer, it truly isn't very good. Expand
  39. Oct 11, 2013
    This was an absolute awful movie, I know what they tried to do but my god could any movie fall any shorter from the mark, the CGI was garbage, the "Magic tricks" was just a bunch of mombo jumbo. I wish i never rented it...
  40. Oct 8, 2013
    Good story with some twists and a slight touch of fiction, a lot of nice actors and characters. All the thing is about tricks, magic and illusions and a criminal element of epic robberies. Nice one to watch, most of the plot details are well explained.
  41. Oct 6, 2013
    Now You See Me was an enjoyable movie while you are watching but it leaves no lasting effects. I really enjoyed the 4 main characters and how well they worked together. The plot was actually interesting and it had some cool twist (which were kind of predictable). It's everything you want in a lazy Sunday afternoon movie on the couch.
  42. Oct 6, 2013
    MY THINK
    Now you see me one of the best movies i ve ever seen because the cast, acting, ending, fiction, story and writing
    OK this movie had some nonsense moments but almost every movie have some nonsense
    Don't worry if u planning to watching this movie you will absolutely love it so entertaining movie
  43. Sep 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I did have high hopes when I entered the cinema to see this movie; one of my friends had said it was 'amazing', and as I trusted his judgement, I thought I would see just how good it was. For the first 45 minutes or so, I was reasonably impressed. The bank heist I thought was igneous, and the way it had been explained to the audience well measured. The words of the characters 'this is only the beginning', or whatever it was, awoke my curiousity, and that attention was reasonably maintained until afterwards the New Orleans scene.

And then it fell to exactly the same fate that many other movies have done, and hence is the origin of my low scoring. It became unoriginal to the point of disgust, and for the last forty minutes (I know it was forty minutes because I was constantly checking my watch) I was thinking to myself "how could I have not seen before how utterly terrible this film is?". There were signs before that I ignored, dismissing them as one of a couple of cliches all modern films inevitably have. The most prominent is the female police character I have forgotten her name. Her character is perhaps the most uninteresting, cliched, predictable character type. From the moment she uttered her first lines, you know EXACTLY what her character is going to be like. On the exterior somewhat unimpressive, but supremely confident. Full of witty lines, becomes serious when she needs to be, tells emotional stories that have some 'hidden meaning', and of course she and the investigator (again, I forgotten the name, I'll call him X) have a relationship. After all of my expectations were fulfilled, I became so disgusted with this movie. It actually truly confuses me these directors, filmmakers, actors, producers, have all seen more movies than I, and would surely know how to construct a good movie. WHY would you have her conform to every cliche in the book? Surely, after viewing it, you know how retch-inducing it? Maybe someday I'll know. To bring this into some perspective, the exact same thing happened in The Dark Knight Rises, with the character of Cat woman, and is the one of the reasons I detest that movie as well. Contrastingly, The Dark Knight is one of my favourite films of all time. It just goes to show what difference originality makes in the making of a film. Or if not complete originality, not complete cliched material.

That character epitomises many of the similar things wrong with this movie the annoyingly 'witty' dialog between the mentalist and Jesse Eisenberg, the unintelligent lines of X, the lame plot involving the Magic Circle or whatever its called, with the dusty old book, and finally the ending. Perhaps the reason why this ending is without doubt, the worst I have ever seen, is that it tears the entire film apart. Looking back at all the action, not one line, or event, even makes sense, as it turns out the policeman is actually the one helping them? What? The film just self-destructs for this very reason. Again, I shall provide some perspective. After watching NYSM, I watched Ocean's Eleven and the difference was laughable. It's not just the sophistication, the characterisation of the latter, but the ending. The ending of Ocean's Eleven is clever, the rest of the film works perfectly, and you marvel in the ingenuity of the heist. By contrast, Ocean's Twelve self-destructs in a similar way to this film the last five minutes just renders the previous hour watched absolutely useless. It makes the audience feels like they've been tricked no, it does not make one marvel.

I did give this a 4, and the actual method of the heist (especially the last and first one) are reasonably ingenious, meriting some score. But what promise this movie did have was primarily destroyed as some many films are nowadays, by the loss of originality and the way in which everything it in characters, events, dialogue is cliched and predictable.
  44. Sep 26, 2013
    The idea was pretty neat and some things were funny I guess, but this movie was bad. It was pretty much all a big buildup to a totally arbitrary plot twist, and that's one of the worst things I can think of in writing anything. The final resolution of the plot was... I don't know, it felt bland... as bland as the whole "Eye" (sub?)plot and the character of the detective which didn't make much sense in any of its doings in the plot. I would also dare say that it had little to do with magicians... but I guess I couldn't expect explaining tricks/making plausible ones while still making them really interesting from a mainstream movie, and I guess "magicians" played this way is fine too, but... meh. It was entertaining as a light-entertainment action movie I guess, but other than that it was all a big waste of a good basis for a plot and a good cast. Expand
  45. Sep 26, 2013
    It frankly doesn't surprise me that this film has received more positive than negative feedback; it gives an audience almost everything the trailers and cast lead them to believe they'll get. Plenty of twists, turns, face time with noteworthy actors and a story that doesn't force you to believe in magic in order to believe what's happening on screen. All that being said, there is a minority of viewers, myself included, who know they could have done much more with all the talent and potential lying within Now You See Me...or maybe they couldn't, and shouldn't have bothered to try.

I'm hesitant to say the movie is bad, because deep down it truly isn't. Everyone, from Woody Harrelson to Michael Caine and every name-drop in between does their job and fits in snug with what's going on. Somewhere between the intriguing first 20 minutes and the disappointing last hour or so, I kept asking myself, "why am I not enjoying this?" The answer? It could have been so much more.

Hasty references to the "why" of it all do nothing to satisfy the curiosity of the curious, and when the final credits rolled, I realized that this was the point all along. Even after the major reveal takes place and you finally understand the "how", the "why" never materializes. The introduction of the film makes that question the focal point, and the rest of the film does its best to make you forget you ever had the question in your head to begin with.

Again, I can understand the praise, but I felt as if left the theater having been cheated out of my money. Considering a couple of the main scenes in the film, perhaps this was the filmmakers' entire goal to begin with. It wouldn't surprise me in the least. Regardless, most people seemed to enjoy it, so there's no reason to bash it any further than by saying it simply wasn't what I wanted it to be. It happens sometimes.
  46. Sep 25, 2013
    A very enjoyable film that rests more on movie magic more than believable world-stage showcases in which Now You See Me spends most of its time focusing on. Still, Now You See Me hits a certain chord that resonates quite well with a plot that actually ends up being interesting instead of hollow and pointless, which could have easily been the case. It's the Prestige with more flash but a bit less substance. Even so, it's easy to argue that just because it's not always perfect, doesn't mean you still can't have a lot of fun. The cast and lights draw you in and the pacing is swift enough to not make you feel like you need additional character development. I loved Now You See Me, and many others will too. Expand
  47. Sep 21, 2013
    Una historia que se esforzó demasiado por ser más inteligente de lo que realmente es. Presentándonos la mayor cantidad de cliché que pueden existir en un libreto. Que tratan de robar nuestro aliento llevándose un bostezo. No me pareció algo fuera de lo normal, más bien me pareció una película que se puede ver en la comodidad del hogar. Aclarando que sin una bolsa de popcorn lo que mencioné anteriormente es debatible. Es más impresionante ver un espectáculo de magos en vivo, que un espectáculo de magos en una película donde todo es posible. ¿Por qué me tiene que impresionar un grupo de magos que gozan de toda la magia del cine a su favor? Expand
  48. Sep 20, 2013
    This is a movie to entertain, Nothing else. Average writing, average performances, and an awful plot. Jesse Eisenberg giving an average performance or even lower. The same with James Franco, Mélanie Laurent and Isla Fisher. Woody Harrelson and Morgan Freeman stepping up with a performance that save the film from being a total failure. I know, it was fun to watch but if you can analyze this film after watching it, its nothing more than a Louis Leterrier. Expand
  49. Sep 15, 2013
    Horrid. Its ccomes across as an arrogant movie which one is supposed to suspend all belief in order to enjoy it. May be find for cult members but the general public dont buy it.
  50. Sep 12, 2013
    Great movie. I didn't go in expecting very much, and it pleasantly surprised me. The actors are top-notch and the story-line is very interesting (even though, at times, very predictable). The only big minus would be that they didn't focus more on the magicians. I would've loved to see more interactions and more situations between them. Overall, a very good movie!
  51. Sep 12, 2013
    Pretty nice movie. Really nice magic tricks. Ah, and i also loved the music of this (i mean a soundtrack). I love magic and magicians, this movie was really pretty nice. 2 months ago i watched it and i loved it.
    I highly recommend it to you if you especially love magicians and magic tricks.
  52. Sep 8, 2013
    Now You See Me might have the most misleading trailers of all-time. The previews make you think that story follow the four magicians, played by Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher, and Dave Franco. However, the characters with the most screen time are actually an FBI agent played by Mark Ruffalo, an interpol agent played by Melanie Laurent, and a washed up magician played by Morgan Freeman. Guess what? I didn't know any of those actors were even in the movie. The movie also didn't seem to have an identity. It constantly jumped back and forth between magic not being real and then certain things not being possible without magic. This constant uncertainty from the film's perspective created a lazy feeling in the script. As for the individual characters, Woody was hilarious, Isla was absolutely gorgeous, and Eisenberg was, well, the same character he always is. Which reminds me, can we stop calling Jesse Eisenberg a great actor? The kid plays the exact same role every single time and that's who he is in real life. He isn't "acting", he's just playing himself in different situations. Back to the movie, it had decent plot development but with so many characters involved, none of them were really fleshed out properly. Lastly, it had the typical twist in the end that's become almost cliched where it wasn't written into the story well but just forced on the viewer. All-in-all, if you want to be mildly entertained with over-the-top magic tricks and a chaotic story and then toss in a romance for no reason, this is the movie for you. Expand
  53. Sep 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a decently rewarding film–the final reveal is somewhat surprising and there are numerous scenes with very pretty cinematography. That being said, it is cheapened by two things: the unnecessary use of CGI in certain acts, and the romance forced upon the audience. While it is somewhat helpful to the narrative to have the character of Alma Dray (played by Mélanie Laurent) make it appear that Dylan Rhodes (played by Mark Ruffalo) is even more incompetent/out of his league, the romance is not. The Alma Dray component could have been played by a lesbian or heterosexual male agent (the point isn't the sexuality, just that closing off the potential for the any sort of romance wouldn't have hurt the purpose of the Dray character... hell just make her faithfully married for all I care). Or if you really want, let those characters partake in a romance in the world of this story...just don't show it to the audience. The tension, the lines, and the story between the two is patently forced...to then end on that note is to illogically end on a weaker "punch" for the movie. Expand
  54. Sep 8, 2013
    Horrible! This movie is the turd in the spiked punch bowel. Excellent cast, interesting subject that somehow managed to thoroughly and completely jump the shark! They did a pretty good of building anticipation that SOMETHING interesting was coming....just stick with us...we know the movie doesn't make a whole lot of sense yet, but SOMETHING is going to happen just hang in there......That something didn't help the movie make anymore sense, served to make everyone in the room stop the movie and stay...HUH???? WHY??

It completely jumped the shark and made the entire movie pointless. It's like they threw the plot lines into a hat, shook them up and reached and and grabbed 3 and said OK, THAT'S THE MOVIE! We will dazzle them with shock and awe, nobody will care about the plot! It didn't work in Iraq, and it doesn't work for this movie. Simply horrid. Stay far far away, it will only serve to piss you off trying to figure out how this ever made sense to anyone not high on dope.
  55. Sep 7, 2013
    Wanna see a magic trick that's only possible via computer graphics? Suffer through Now You See Me. The music and sweeping camera does all it can to make you care, but since little time is spent developing the four horsemen characters, you really can't be bothered. This movie will drag you around back and fourth in an attempt to throw you off, but when the big reveal comes, all you can think about is how meaningless it turned out to be.

Also, what the heck is with all the occult references that turn out to be meaningless. Randomly chosen tarot cards, weird uneducated references to the eye of horus, four horsemen? It's like they pulled this stuff out of a hat and stuck them in the script to create a cheap sense of mystery.
  56. Sep 7, 2013
    Who ever gives this movie less then a 8, well then he just didn't understand it. The movie is well executed has a a lot of twist's and interesting magic scenes some action as well, and the actors are just fantastic
  57. Sep 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing. That is the one word I use to describe to quality and high end CGI (Computer-Generated Imagery) effects in Now You See Me. This movie puts into reality what magic will turn into years from now. Big stage effects, using magic to rob banks and transport people. We have big names featured in this movie such as Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Dave Franco, Mark Ruffalo, Isla Fisher, Morgan Freeman, and many more.

The movie starts introducing us to all of the magicians featured like Daniel Atlas (Jesse Eisenberg) doing an amazing card trick (that I still can't figure out) and impressing some young girls. All four street magicians receive special cards with an address to meet up at. This is how they started their hit show, known as "The Four Horseman."

The Horseman, at their packed Las Vegas Show picking a supposedly random audience member, having him state his bank, and then teleported to rob the whole bank. When the bank opens in the morning, they see the money missing and take all the magicians to prison to be questioned. As magic plays a big role in the movie, Daniel pulls off an amazing trick flipping the handcuffs off of him and onto Dylan Rhodes. (Mark Ruffalo) I think that this is one of my favorite parts of the movie because (being a former magician) tricks like these can actually be done.

Throughout the Four Horseman’s performances, Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman) has a TV show that busts their tricks every episode. During the movie, the Horseman perform more elaborate tricks and they are busted by Thaddeus.

The movie blew the audience away with a mind-blowing turn the film took and had an amazing ending. This is a film I had a lot of questions about when it was over. Even paying full attention I was not sure about some events. I think this may have been just because I am a teen, but Now You See Me is my movie of the year pick and I definitely recommend it to any demographic. If you pay attention, Now You See Me will reward.
  58. Sep 6, 2013
    There's no doubt the film has a few issues. There are some plotlines that are poorly established and are left unresolved and the female characters lack any real definition and act more as side players when they should be just as prominent as the men. However, "Now You See Me" provides fun entertainment with it's "Ocean's Eleven" with magic formula. The story is easy to get behind, the illusions in the film are crafty and neat and the actors are fantastic...especially Mark Ruffalo who, once again, steals the film and commands attention. Expand
  59. Sep 4, 2013
    "Now You See Me" one of the best movie I have seen this year. I really loved it so much and enjoyed the time watching it. Amazing one they deserved 10/10
  60. Aug 30, 2013
    Movie is thrilling, exciting and when I watched it i couldn't wait to see what will happen next. Dialogue was good made me laugh many times as well as the action scenes. Overall the move is very good, if you ignore the end. You get this character development of a sceptic FBI agent that is good at his job and at the end his personality goes 180 and you see the entire plot, scenes, dialogs (what made this movie as excellent as it is) as fake. If you want to see the movie again, with your friends or family, you can't do it unless you ignore the ending, that you previously saw, to re experience the great plot in the first 90% part. Expand
  61. Aug 25, 2013
    This is possibly the worst film i've ever seen, and i'm not saying that lightly. I cannot understand these positive reviews other than they're mentally deficient or paid to do so.

Basically the plot is a poorly executed mess. The film itself lies to the audience, so when the lame twists happen they just feel like the writers trying to get back on course. It's like a script that's not
    gone through so much as one revised draft.

The only way to explain the cast, budget, etc. is that the film simply fell apart in production. Perhaps the emphasis was put on all the wrong aspects.

If you like this... I can't respect you. It's wholly broken. I'd sooner watch Human Centipede, Battleship or a rom com.
  62. Aug 25, 2013
    Terrible Movie however it's weirdly entertaining.
    What was the whole point in the movie? (spoiler alert)
    Mark Ruffalo spent 30 years working his way up in the FBI to exact revenge on some people who were in no way responsible for the death of his father. Is it just me that thinks it stupid that mark ruffalo wants to put Morgan Freeman in prison for simple telling people how his dad did a
    magic trick, how all of Micheal Cains money is stolen because he didn't pay out on an insurance claim and how they stole half a billion dollars because the company made a safe below standard?
    And as for the ending……
    So mark ruffalo was part of 'the eye' and the four horsemen for no apparent reason put themselves into the public eye as wanted criminals to become part of a secret society. The four horseman have given up their whole lives to help Mark Ruffalo for no reason at all apart from being initiated into a secret society, again which they will gain nothing from.
    So in conclusion: incredibly far-fetched and far to complicated for no reason, there was no character development and in my opinion one of the worst and most pointless movies i have seen in years….
  63. Aug 25, 2013
    A movie that starts promising and quickly fizzles into nothing. The real magicians are the people behind the film, which did a very good job at distracting you from shallow characters, a movie that had zero plot and making you think you saw something great.
  64. Aug 25, 2013
    What a mind-boggling film! I was at the edge of my seat the entire time, wondering what had happened and who's who. The story is so interesting. The cast is so talented. There's really nothing not to love!
  65. Aug 25, 2013
    First, I was excited because I like magic and I like bank heists. But then it all came down in a big crumble. There is no character development throughout the movie. There was no real good guys or real bad guys, which made is very subtile and took the suspense out completely. Nothing more Tuesday night lullaby.
  66. Aug 24, 2013
    For those who have not seen this movie and want a opinion of someone who watches movies quite often and has a real feel for more than what you see here is and honest view of this movie.

I went into this movie thinking it would be very entertaining and the special effects would be great. Knowing how magicians work, just from seeing David Copperfield and a few others in person, I knew it
    would be over the top scenes and hoped they would be entertaining. What I didn't expect was to see a movie with a creative plot and actors who fit their characters as well as everyone did. I could not see Woody Harrelson being anyone other than who he played, and the same goes for Michael Caine, Mark Ruffalo, and Morgan Freeman along with the rest of the 4 Horsemen. As far as the story went it was well played out and kept me watching to see more and wanting more. There are a few moments when you probably know what is going to happen, but the movie doesn't give away too much which made it great in that aspect. From the first scene to the last I was very pleased with how the movie flowed and never did I feel that parts of it were over the top or stupid by any means. This was one of the better movies I have seen in the last 3 years and for me that is saying something big.

Now for anyone who gives this movie a bad rating or said it was horrible, I only ask what do you want from big named movies out of Hollywood anymore? With so many prequels, sequels, and money grabbers over the last decade what do you expect to get for movies? It is coming to the point where original ideas are not thought up every 2 years anymore and it is more like 7 years apart. Everything has been done to the point of overkill in many instances. Know You See Me was fresh and well thought out which makes this a great movie. So many movies are made after books, comics, tv shows, or plain remakes of movies from 20+ years ago that having a movie like this come along is a refreshing new twist on older material.

Overall enjoy the movie for what it is, a great story with twists and awesome action and effects and I guarantee you will enjoy it.
  67. Aug 24, 2013
    A seriously underrated film. The acting was pretty solid through out Harrelson was hilarious, Freeman was solid, and Ruffalo was a good lead, The rest of the cast was solid as well. Incredibly entertaining movie with well done magic tricks, From start to finish I was entertained. The best part of the film however was the plot. Very well done with a twist you do not see coming at all, It was a great end to the film in my opinion. I'd highly recommend. Expand
  68. Aug 23, 2013
    If only this movie would've disappeared in front of my eyes. The only magic thing about this is how people are going to give their money to this crap.
  69. Aug 22, 2013
    Relies far too much on unconvincing 'magic'. The producers pushed the boat out too far, filling the movie with a collection of tricks that would have required extensive setup in reality, but appear out of thin air. As a result, the main characters come across as little more than a bunch of talentless, arrogant twits coasting through a CGI playground. Tedious, boring, and ultimately far too obvious. Expand
  70. Aug 21, 2013
    "All flash and no trousers" A weird saying, but who's Father isn't full of oddness? Mine certainly was and he used this expression regularly when something was, basically, bollocks. Now You See Me falls in to this category. Cool cast, flashy effects, great locations, mixed with a predictable story line, average script and some truly wooden performances Dave Franco, I'm looking at you.

It's mindless entertainment for the masses. Avoid paying cinema ticket price, perhaps watch for free when it hits your PTV provider; provided you are fully up to date with your TV series viewing....
  71. Aug 8, 2013
    Do we like the magic? Yes, Do we like the heist movies? Of course, Do we like the movies with a big cast? Sometimes, and the movie indeed is a kind of spin-off of the Ocean's Eleven's movies but with magic, so if everybody loves the magic, what can be wrong with the plot, right?
  72. Aug 4, 2013
    A great movie with lots of surprises with some good morally ambiguous elements and characters that make you question who's right and who's wrong. The cop may be an but that's probably intentional. You could have known many of the twists were coming if you were smart, but much of it plays with your expectations. My only complaint was the 3rd magician introduced (The one that faked his own death) was a bit bland ad underdeveloped. Expand
  73. Aug 4, 2013
    My expectations weren't so high and I got what I wanted. A great plot with good twists and good acting performances. Sometimes it felt like I was watching a mix of the Usual Suspects and the Prestige. It may not be the best of the year but it's definitely fun to see
  74. Jul 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of those movies with a twist in the ending that just ruined the rest of the film. Regardless, it was an enjoyable movie. I was expecting the story to focus more on the Four Horsemen, but instead, most of the movie is told through the detective. (He reminds me of Detective Quentin Lance from CW's Arrow)

The twist in the end is handled poorly, and it creates lots of plot inconsistencies. It can even be fixed easily by saying that Ruffalo's character had himself hypnotised (and a trigger returned his memories) or something, which could explain his apparent ignorance. (I have a theory that Woody Harrison's character is more than who he say he is.) Also, not all the mysteries are answered; Who are the Eye? What is Rhodes' role in the organisation? Do they allow/approve of him using them for his personal vendetta? It seems like they may be setting it up for a sequel, but it may be unlikely now due to the mixed reviews. Despite that, I would love to see them have a shot to finish the story.

Enjoyable, but disappointing.
  75. Jul 26, 2013
    It is not a disappointing film, but rather a disappointment of how good it could have been. There are a lot of great ideas, but then again there are so many holes in the storyline. There are some great actors, but then again one of the main roles is given to Eisenberg who instead of magical he is quite irritating.
  76. Jul 23, 2013
    This movie is not good. The preview is twice the production the movie is. There is no character building, and you are instantly thrust into this story that does not pan out. Do not waste your time.
  77. Jul 22, 2013
    This film had a lot of problems.

a) There is no lead character, and you just do not know who you are supposed to root for. If you have an ensemble cast, you need to either have them all on the same time or clearly distinguish who is good and who is bad. Hence, all characters in this film were only superficially developed, and you end up not caring about any of them.

b) Almost nothing
    is explained. One of the best parts about heist films, which goes double for a film about magic, is when you get to explain everything in every little detail. This was not done. The narrative also had some gaping holes, such as the incredibly advanced technology which is used to create holograms. Never explained.

c) The twist at the end. I'm trying not to give anything away, but that twist at the end was interchangeable with any other character. The writer obviously just got to the end and thought I need to think of who the bad guy is going to be", and just picked a name out of a hat. Disappointing.

d) A very forced and unnecessary romantic interest.

HOWEVER.

The film was nevertheless enjoyable and entertaining, if not a bit predictable at times. The actors gave good performances, but the Harrelson/Eisenberg duo were begging for way more screentime. But despite my problems with it I enjoyed it and was never bored, just wished I had a character I could root for.
  78. Jul 21, 2013
    Visually appealing movie that is brought down by the very stupid and unbelievable twists that really stretch the suspension of disbelief. Heavy reliance on CGI when trying to show "magic" which breaks the illusion that the Four Horsemen are only illusionists. Add to that a pretty pointless and shoehorned romance subplot and you get Now You See Me.
  79. Jul 16, 2013
    A fun movie, which unfortunately let's it's ambition get the best of it. Even though the "magic tricks" are visually well executed, they seem very random at times.
  80. Jul 10, 2013
    I really enjoyed this movie, it was equally entertaining, suspenseful and funny at times. However, it was hard to follow at times. Overall, I enjoyed this movie a lot!
  81. Jul 7, 2013
    Ok, you have a movie with 'Social Networks,' breakthrough actor, Jesse Eisenberg, "you had my curiosity, but now, you have my attention." The movie, starts off interesting with a line of talented magicians teaming up. Then, after that, the movie just goes down hill. The movie, felt like it had no actual plot. I admit, there where times I was surprised, but the ending just ruined everything the movie was building up towards. Overall, 'Now You See Me,' was interesting, but not a memorable movie at all. Expand
  82. Jul 7, 2013
    Despite a well laid introduction and intriguing premise, Now You See Me stumbles going into its second act and never recovers the scope or direction required to live up to its grandiose attempt at cross genre crime-drama.

This is all down to the simple fact that Now You See Me has a severe case of identity crisis. The general idea is a pick and mix of several "plot-twist based genres,"
    including "Magicians" The Prestige, The Illusionist "Heist Movie" Oceans 11 "Deception" Usual Suspects, Saw The Departed) and general "Cat and Mouse" drama Catch Me if You Can ).

While this sounds like a recipe for brilliance, the end product throws too many ingredients in the pot for any single flavor to emerge even remotely tasteful, leaving the audience somewhat empty when the hum-drum reveal at the end does little to evoke surprise or awe.

The main problem is each of the films parts never lead to anything substantially satisfying. Remember what made The Illusionist so good? It was the fact the magic on display was all part of an underlying trick, and when Paul Giamatti his head back, and laughs at the brilliance of it all, so did the audience. NYSM would like to think it did the same thing, indeed, Morgan Freeman et al practically reinforce the point every ten minutes, that "everything in play is part of a much bigger illusion." Perhaps it is, but it's all thoroughly unconvincing. And when you ignore the motives and reason for all that takes place, the "magic" on display is either tiring, or beyond belief.

Also worthy of note is the complete lack of characterization. The combination of Harrelson and Eisenberg should have been a winner from the start, yet, they're barely given the screen time to save things, never mind a decent script. During the run up to release, I had to wonder why Emma Stone didn't join them. One reason could be she saw the script and didn't think there'd be much point with the way the magicians characters were handled.

Instead, the majority of the movie focuses on the FBI agent tracking everything down, and the rather fetching Interpol agent assisting him. Again, perhaps the idea around this, given the ending, was to further the film's sense of deception and illusion, but it still doesn't make up for about an hour's worth of boredom, and only helps the ending to be entirely unsatisfactory. In fact, a lot of the earlier actions of certain characters don't even make sense when you realize the truth.

Throw in a rather absurd car chase, and at the same time, predictable plot twist regarding said scene and you have a movie that doesn't even seem to be attempting cleverness anymore.

With that said, the film is entirely watchable when merely watched without anticipation. Just don't expect another Prestige or Illusionist.

When you come to the end reveal in such a movie, there's generally three reactions: there's the "Ahhh", the "Oh..." and the "Mehh.."

This film definitely only approaches "Oh."
  83. Jul 5, 2013
    If you go to the movies to be entertained, then ignore the critic's reviews. For some reason, they think movies must have some deep underlying impact on society or mankind, otherwise they are not worth viewing. I on the other hand watch movies to be entertained.....and this movie does exactly that. Although there are likely no oscar nominations here, the pace is fast, there is a lot of action and the script keeps you guessing. What more could you want? As further validity to my conviction, notice that 43 or the top 45 most helpful user reviews are GREEN! Go see it. Expand
  84. Jul 4, 2013
    I guess where this film fails the most is that despite it being a film about magic, I didn't really feel any sense of wonder or disbelief. Nothing about this film was captivating which is a real shame because the premise is a very cool one. It's just a case of really mediocre execution. To the film's credit there were some really quite nice camera sequences and the twist at the end, whilst not entirely unpredictable considering the nature of the film was a very good one but the film as a whole felt so empty and unsatisfying. The characters are probably the worst part of the film. The main 4 characters were some of the blandest main characters I've seen in a long time and I felt like I couldn't connect with them at all. They felt so stock, the kind of characters a 13 year old would try to come up with. The film also tries to be clever in the way it executes a number of things but it just falls short completely. Personally the worst thing a film can be for me is boring and unsatisfying which is what this film was for me. There's a few positive factors but overall the film just felt like a waste of time and money. Expand
  85. Jul 4, 2013
    There is actually the seed of a good idea here, but the confused execution lets it down. An interesting cast helps and the film is lively enough, but it is all smoke and mirrors. Red herrings abound and there is a surprise revelation at the end, but the improbable premise cannot withstand any serious analysis. An Insistent, almost 70'ish, music score and swirling camera movements try to elevate proceedings to a higher and slicker plane that the material just doesn't deserve. Morgan Freeman redeems himself after his nothing turn in oblivion and some of the editing helps things along. Expand
  86. Jul 3, 2013
    This movie is great! The magic is astonishing, most of it highly unrealistic however (but I don't know magic well enough). Still, this movie is crazy smart, full of action and very cool sequences. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an action/fun movie to watch. You wont regret it!
  87. Jul 3, 2013
    This is one of the worst movies i've ever seen! I'm not going to add anything. Watch it if you want, but i don't recommend it. My score is 2/10 ,without no doubt
  88. Jul 2, 2013
    I really liked this movie. I really wish they didn't show end scenes in the commercials for it but it was a great escape for the weekend. The characters were engaging the end surprises were surprising. All in all a great movie if you can just relax and enjoy it.
  89. Jun 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Now you see me, a caper-styled movie in the midst of sci-fi flood. The story was quiet unique, in the first and the middle, the director and writer was clever enough to hide that the real thief was one of the investigators of the case. There might be some questions regarding to the ending, yet it was very confusing if we don't see and understand it clearly on the front and middle part of the movie. Even though it was a great job for the writer and director to create a thriller crime movie genre mixed with magic stuff that really amazes the audience. Expand
  90. Jun 29, 2013
    Now you see me is pleasant and a clever surprise, with some fascinating effects and one of a kind cast. I loved what the movie is about and I had a really good time watching it, some problems with the movie that are not worth to talk about, despite mediocre reviews, Now you see me is one of the best of 2013.
  91. Jun 29, 2013
    The characters were bland and uninteresting. Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine were the only interesting ones. The concept for this movie is great but could have been done better.
  92. Jun 28, 2013
    Now You See Me is at times an enjoyable film. The best scenes are the magic ones, which are very well done and the acting is good. But the story is subpar especially the ending. I don't think the movie is worth the charge for seeing it in theatres. I would recommend waiting till it's on demand or at redbox.
  93. Jun 28, 2013
    My score for this movie might be a bit generous, as there are some glaring holes in the story, but I personally love heist movies. This movie is a very clever heist movie with all the fun and drama of Oceans 11 combined with some very good action sequences. The cast is superb, just like Oceans, and the characters are all well written. Mark Ruffalo fresh off of his turn as Hulk in Avengers, plays a great angry FBI agent and it was cool to see Eisenberg and Harrelson back together from Zombieland.

The movie's holes are big enough to drown a herd of elephants but if you can suspend disbelief and just enjoy the movie, you will not be disappointed. I don't have a lot to say on it because I don't want to give anything away but all of the heists are explained in true Oceans 11 fashion. I highly recommend this movie for a DVD rental but not worth the price of admission in a crowded summer movie season.
  94. Jun 26, 2013
    Definitely not as goos as The Prestige but a truly fun engaging movie despite the holes in logic. Cast was fun and nice visual effects. Not a favourite but an enjoyable see.
  95. Jun 22, 2013
    I liked a lot of things about this movie... I liked the story line, I liked the acting, I liked the cinematography, I liked the cast, but most of all I liked the fact that there was NO vulgar language or graphic sex scenes as seem to pervade most movies these days. It seems that the only way people communicate these days is with a lot of vulgar language.... It was so nice to set through a movie that I did not think to myself, is there any one who has enough of a vocabulary that they can write a script that contains a higher level of communication. I would categorize this movie as a type of old time classic... and give it a Bravo Expand
  96. Jun 22, 2013
    By far, the best movie I've seen this year. So incredible! I loved the plot! It was so smart and so well-written!
    The cast was perfect and the special-effects were the best I've ever seen! The direction was also very good.
    The end was definetely unexpected. It was so smart, that I am still thinking on it, almost a week, after the time I saw it. I really loved the fact that almost nothing
    in the movie was expectable. It kept me thinking and watching. I didn't feel bored, even for a second. The cast was great! Eisenbergm Harrelson, Fiser, Freeman, Caine, Ruffalo. So many stars in one movie! For me, it was one of the best movies of the last ages. So fascinating and surprising! It's going to leave you speechless! Expand
  97. Jun 21, 2013
    I have been hearing that the movie had a big twist, and that, kind of, scared me because I thought it would suck. But I'm so happy I was wrong, I enjoyed every minute, and the end really leaves you wanting more. It truly deserves a 10.
  98. Jun 18, 2013
    I thought it was very well acted and very intertaining. Had a few twists and turns and just great fun.It was great the way they explained how all the tricks were pulled off.
  99. Jun 18, 2013
    If you were actually paying attention the movie, you probably saw that twist coming from a mile away. Despite how predictable the ending was, the witty dialogue throughout the movie was enough to make me feel good about buying the ticket. This was Woody Harrelson's best performance in a long time. The interactions between him and Eisenberg had me laughing the whole time. The humor in this movie should be enough to make up for how predictable the ending was. Expand
  100. Jun 18, 2013
    How refreshing it is to see a film where the child in you is brought out and bewildered. I found myself smiling from start to finish in awe of the magic and suspense.

Perhaps it is the magic or rather trickery that had me smiling; you don't know how they do it and a part of you thinks it is magic. But of course you know it isn't there must be a trick. Either way you have a good time
    regardless. I found myself agasp much in the same way someone would be if they were personally tricked by a magician.

It is cleverly written, humorous, and has action. What more could you ask from such a fun movie?

1. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Jul 5, 2013
    Ocean’s Eleven meets The Prestige? Not quite. Starts well, ends in a heap, but in between there’s just enough splash and flash to distract from the lack of substance
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jul 5, 2013
    Overcooked, overcomplicated and underinteresting, this heist caper turns into a mess.
  3. Reviewed by: Ignatiy Vishnevetsky
    Jun 6, 2013
    Much of what makes Now You See Me so entertaining — in a gaudy, disposable, Vegas act sort of way — is its ever-escalating ridiculousness.