Ocean's Twelve

6.3

1. Sep 7, 2011
    The story has become overly complex followed by trivial humor that was not necessary. Makes me remind myself if the director was the same guy that made 'Sex, Lies, and Videotape' and 'Traffic'.
  2. OmegaR.
    Sep 1, 2005
    Of course David Sterritt of the Christian Science Monitor liked this film, its full of Hollywood's most outspoken Liberals!!!
  3. SeanW.
    "Lazy," indeed.
  4. Jan 22, 2014
    Feels like going for a burger at Wendy's after having steaks at a fancy restaurant is the best way to sum up Oceans twelve in continuation from Oceans eleven. It's like twelve was one too many, but like I said it's a baconater: a little messier, greasier and floppier. But (there's always a 'but' in a 6/10 rating) even though I was kind of confused with the narrative at times Ocean's TwelveFeels like going for a burger at Wendy's after having steaks at a fancy restaurant is the best way to sum up Oceans twelve in continuation from Oceans eleven. It's like twelve was one too many, but like I said it's a baconater: a little messier, greasier and floppier. But (there's always a 'but' in a 6/10 rating) even though I was kind of confused with the narrative at times Ocean's Twelve is still cool and like Wendy's, even though it's not good for you at all you still go back, even more so than that fancy restaurant. Expand
  5. RickK
    Apr 30, 2005
    A reasonable sequel to Ocean's 11, but certainly not as good as the original. And I'd recommend other similar type movies (e.g. The Italian Job, The Thomas Crowne Affair) way ahead of this one.
  6. RickyQ.
    Dec 11, 2004
    The original had charm and style. This sequel is missing it as it goes in too many directions. If you are going to do a rush job than don't make a sequel. It just shouldn't be!
  7. DermN.
    Dec 23, 2004
    A fun but forgettable popcorn movie. The story is convoluted and the script lacks the witty dialogue between Clooney and Pitt that made the first shine. Plus, the Julia Roberts gag didn't work for me. Best part of the movie? David Holmes' acid jazz musical score.
  8. KyleA
    Jan 1, 2005
    Ocean's 11 was great--full of wit and clever humor. But the charming part of that movie was getting to know all the quirky characters, as it was more about their interactions. Ocean's 12 is ALL plot--and a mediocre one at that; it sucks whatever life was left in the characters--which is a testament to the awfulness of the movie (as the awesome cast was secondary to the storyline).
  9. EricL.
    Jan 10, 2005
    Somewhat painful. The bar was set high with Ocean's 11 and Ocean's 12 was nowhere near.
  10. ChrisR.
    May 7, 2005
    Ocean's Twelve is a sequel to the 2001 Ocean's Eleven. This go around, Terry Benedict (Andy Garcia), the casino owner who lost 160 million to the thieves, wants his money back -- actually, he wants revenge and needs to "save face", since the insurance company has already paid him for the loss. He confronts each member of the group individually and lets them all know that he Ocean's Twelve is a sequel to the 2001 Ocean's Eleven. This go around, Terry Benedict (Andy Garcia), the casino owner who lost 160 million to the thieves, wants his money back -- actually, he wants revenge and needs to "save face", since the insurance company has already paid him for the loss. He confronts each member of the group individually and lets them all know that he wants them to pay him back his money, plus interest, within the next two weeks ... or else! And so, once more Danny Ocean (George Clooney) gets his band together to pull off another job so they can get themselves out of this mess. The plot gets twisted and a bit convoluted (to say the least) as the director seems almost to go out of his way to see which story line the audience will fall for only to be tricked yet again. I give it a 5. Expand
  11. Riren
    Apr 15, 2007
    Take all the celebrities from the first film, add a few more faces, and remove all sense of pacing. That's your sequel. Less sense of purpose, even less screen time for its characters, less witty dialogue - Ocean's Twelve makes you wait an hour before the crew start doing what you've been waiting for them to do. It feels less like a story and more like playground for Take all the celebrities from the first film, add a few more faces, and remove all sense of pacing. That's your sequel. Less sense of purpose, even less screen time for its characters, less witty dialogue - Ocean's Twelve makes you wait an hour before the crew start doing what you've been waiting for them to do. It feels less like a story and more like playground for wealthy actors. Matt Damon is the sole individual who ups the charm from the first movie, and while there is entertainment and wit in here, it shouldn't be so hard to excavate. Don't bother watching it without friends to help you laugh. Collapse
  12. GregA.
    Dec 15, 2004
    With such a great cast it's a pity they didn't make an equally great movie. I went into this film expecting a lot more than I got, and though the twist at the end was good I just didn't feel this movie had anything solid about it. Oh well, it got me out of the house for a night...
  13. SusanM.
    Dec 16, 2004
    I was very disappointed in this movie, it tries to be clever but fails. It relies too mch on the big stars in it and comes up short in very other aspect. I must say. Brad Pitt is a truly beautiful man.
  14. AlfredM.
    Dec 8, 2004
    Main points: Boring, repetitive, annoying hand-held camera action. The plot is particularly weak, and the film fails to generate any tension at all.
  15. burtonm
    Jan 12, 2005
    Funny and pleasant in a sort of coffee table book kind of way.
  16. LizV
    Jan 14, 2005
    This movie is not the greatest, but it's not meant to be the same type of show as the first. This one is more simple humor, less scheming, and if you're looking for something that's going to analyze and think, "That's amazing! How did they do that?" you're not going to love it. Just sit back and enjoy a well written, but different style show.
  17. VikramM.
    Dec 12, 2004
    I loved Ocean's Eleven, the 2001 version. I am a huge sucker for heist movies. When I thought of Ocean's Twelve I thought, huh another heist movie. WRONG! This movie's plot was SO screwed up! They are paying off the guy they robbed and you are in a contest with this other guy to see who's the better thief. I mean a five year old could have made up that. It went in too I loved Ocean's Eleven, the 2001 version. I am a huge sucker for heist movies. When I thought of Ocean's Twelve I thought, huh another heist movie. WRONG! This movie's plot was SO screwed up! They are paying off the guy they robbed and you are in a contest with this other guy to see who's the better thief. I mean a five year old could have made up that. It went in too many different directions, it was slow and it dragged on for some time. Heist movies are supposed to be tight. Ocean's Eleven was simply robbing a casino and it was a fun movie to go along. There are two reasons I am not giving it a 0. One, it was hilarious. If I had to reccomend it for something, it was it's comedy. I was laughing throughout the movie. The other reason is its allstar cast. Geroge Clooney, Julia Roberts, Andy Garcia, Brad Pitt, you know. I'm not saying I hated the movie (once again I laughed a lot), but it had no plot, you basically saw them steal nothing, and it was definietly NOT a heist movie. It was purely a comedy. I like comedies, but I expect more from the allstar cast and Ocean's crew. See the first one, much better. Expand
  18. JoeA.
    Dec 25, 2004
    Wow, what a waste of talent. I liked the first movie as the characters were likeable and the story/scheme was intriguing. I got nothing of the same from this movie. It could have been rescued if the scheme was half as good as the first, but it was nowhere near that creative. The telling aspect of this movie: in a full theater, there was more non-emotion and "blank" time from the audience, Wow, what a waste of talent. I liked the first movie as the characters were likeable and the story/scheme was intriguing. I got nothing of the same from this movie. It could have been rescued if the scheme was half as good as the first, but it was nowhere near that creative. The telling aspect of this movie: in a full theater, there was more non-emotion and "blank" time from the audience, that it was eerie. The silence was deafening. Expand
  19. AnkarinoL.
    Jan 25, 2005
    So-so. They really lost something by not having Ted Griffin write the script. The storyline is incredibly convoluted, the actors are sleepwalking, and really the only pleasure is watching a rude Frenchman perform some Santa Cruz assembly-quality Capoeira through a laser field. I
  20. MatthewA.
    May 12, 2005
    Good movie sort of thin plot to many stars plus you can't have julia roberts fake playing julia roberts.
  21. GaborA.
    Dec 12, 2004
    The jokes are still here but the incoherent plot ruins everything. Actually better yet the otherwise terrible picture is somewhat elevated by amusing jokes. The problem with this set up is that i saw the movie about 2 hours ago and i cant remember a single joke. I saw the first one a year ago and the jokes are still fresh in my mind because they were imbedded in a rock solid script.
  22. metacriticgirl
    Dec 12, 2004
    The best part of the movie is hilarious Elliott Gould. And George Clooney is definitely easy on the eyes. Otherwise, very average.
  23. beaum.
    Dec 13, 2004
    1st one was way better.
  24. ScottJ
    Dec 15, 2004
    This is a good mvie if you want to watch a stand up comedy where they make fun of each other and crack jokes. The plot has more holes then swiss chesse and non existent. A decent movie in terms of jokes and being funny, but the plot keeps this from being an awesome movie and reaching its potential.
  25. RibberRib
    Dec 19, 2004
    Good acteors, bad script, bad filming, bad story. If you need to reduce yourself to Julia Roberts having to play Julia Roberts, Oh my god.
  26. Aug 25, 2014
    Much of the zeal of the original is lost; however, there's still plenty of fun here... especially surrounding Julia Roberts and the recent addition of Catherine Zeta-Jones.
  27. Mar 24, 2013
    Same as Ocean's Eleven, but without the wit of the plot and depth of characters. This time I felt the story was too unrealistic (The previous movie required suspension of disbelief, but it was tolerable). The whole Julia Robert playing the alter ego of Julia Roberts was pointless, and the Catherine Zeta-Jones subplot was too simplified... The director tried too hard to be "stylish" and theSame as Ocean's Eleven, but without the wit of the plot and depth of characters. This time I felt the story was too unrealistic (The previous movie required suspension of disbelief, but it was tolerable). The whole Julia Robert playing the alter ego of Julia Roberts was pointless, and the Catherine Zeta-Jones subplot was too simplified... The director tried too hard to be "stylish" and the music and editing felt heavy handed. Overall the movie was decent, but nothing outstanding. Expand
  28. Oct 9, 2015
    "Ocean's Twelve" has the same quirky spirit of its predecessor, but it gets too caught up in implausibilities and ambiguity to hit anywhere close to the greatness that came before it.
  29. Apr 20, 2014
    Ocean's Twelve is the weakest in the series, but nonetheless entertaining. The action and thrills are more dull than sharp, but it gets the job done in the end.
  30. Jul 25, 2015
    Ocean 's Twelve was a good movie , bad in the series but I do not care nothing will stop the big players in this film . George Clooney, Brad Pitt , Julia Roberts, Catherine Zeta- Jones and Andy Garcia
  31. Apr 4, 2016
    Ocean's Twelve doesn't seem lovely like its first installment. Ocean's Twelve is more like a buried up copy of Ocean's Eleven found in the middle of a dinosaur-bone finding zone.

Even frothier and more frivolous than the first movie: It's a heist picture so laid-back and unconcerned, even the heist feels like an afterthought.
  2. As soon as it's over, and you find yourself back in the harsh light of the workaday world, you'll be hard-pressed to remember what happened. Except that you'll remember enjoying yourself - immensely.
  3. Isn't just a double whammy, it's a whammy squared - a goofy, stylish heist movie that'll steal moviegoers from other pictures.