5.2

1. Sep 12, 2010
    This movie has a interesting plot but it's very difficult to understand if you watch it for the first time. It definitely helps to watch Ocean's Eleven first.
    The actors are succesful in bringing you the characters closer.
  2. Sep 7, 2011
    The story has become overly complex followed by trivial humor that was not necessary. Makes me remind myself if the director was the same guy that made 'Sex, Lies, and Videotape' and 'Traffic'.
  3. Aug 16, 2010
    Until the last 15 minutes or so, "Ocean's Twelve" is pretty damn perfect. It has insane amounts of style and swagger and does things in unusually quirky but fascinating ways. The locations are gorgeous and the dialogue is hilarious and the jokes are really funny if you pay attention to what the actors are trying to do. But the ending...there are MIT graduates who probably got confused byUntil the last 15 minutes or so, "Ocean's Twelve" is pretty damn perfect. It has insane amounts of style and swagger and does things in unusually quirky but fascinating ways. The locations are gorgeous and the dialogue is hilarious and the jokes are really funny if you pay attention to what the actors are trying to do. But the ending...there are MIT graduates who probably got confused by what had just happened. It's rather poorly done and leaves a bitter taste in one's mouth, because they feel like their intelligence was just demoralized. Still a good movie however, especially if you were a fan of the first. Expand
  4. ThugThug
    Nov 17, 2005
    One of the worst movies I have seen recently. Oceans 11 was good. This... is not.
  5. MatthewM.
    May 8, 2006
    I think this is the worst film I have ever seen. The Slate review had it right. All smarm. Tries to be far more clever than it actualy is. A plotless piece of self-indulgence from start to finish, this is the only film I have ever considered walking out of. The only reason I didn't was because I thought it had nearly finished..... it hadn't.
  6. JaredC.
    Mar 10, 2007
    In a way, I think this one was better than the first. Ocean's Eleven had some style, but this one ruled the comedy room. Even though this one was kind of slow, it had a cool plot and amazing acting.
  7. JohnD.
    Dec 12, 2004
    Worst... movie... ever. Well, not that bad, but a hell of a stinker. Doesn't touch the first one, which itself wasn't anything close to a masterpiece. Save yourself the trouble and avoid this lame duck.
  8. DilipK.
    May 2, 2005
    I can't believe that reviewers are still saying nice things about such entirely inconsequential trash. Endless fawning remarks concerning Soderbergh's genius only show the minimal objectivity of most of the media critics. This is a rip off. It's not funny, has no plot and no plausibility.
  9. RobertR.
    May 3, 2005
    Trash!
  10. StephenB.
    Aug 14, 2006
    I was stunned at how unbearably dull this film was. Please do not think that the first film was good so how bad can the sequel be. Its awful. There are some talented actors on the screen, however all the wit and verve of the first film has been removed with a dreadful script and surprisingly poor pacing and direction from Soderberg. Please avoid.
  11. RonK.
    Dec 20, 2004
    [***SPOILERS***] This has to be one of cinema's great over-rated failures. It has a completely perplexing screenplay which offers little explanation nor the subtle dialogue required by the viewer to discern the plot theme. No flow, little forethought to the ending vs the middle vs the beginning. Annoying little scene with Bruce Willis, playing himself, which adds absolutely nothing of[***SPOILERS***] This has to be one of cinema's great over-rated failures. It has a completely perplexing screenplay which offers little explanation nor the subtle dialogue required by the viewer to discern the plot theme. No flow, little forethought to the ending vs the middle vs the beginning. Annoying little scene with Bruce Willis, playing himself, which adds absolutely nothing of entertainment value to the film and Julia ($20 million dollar baby) Roberts will wnat to forget this role almost as much as Ben and J-Lo wish to put "Gigli" behind them. I felt cheated by the promotional scenes and feel that Soderburgh owes me seventeen bucks.....I'll pay for the stale popcorn. Also, have him explain to me how it's possible to raise a masonry structure from it's foundation without disturbing it or the buildings connected to it????? And why bother with the putty and paint to repair the divot in the wall??? For that matter......why proceed with the false theft at all???? They purportedly had already stolen the real Faberge egg. Expand
  12. MikeN.
    May 13, 2005
    The movie kept flashing forward, and back and forward - you didn't know where you were; and you were looking for a big finish - and nothing happens.
  13. Ian
    May 3, 2005
    Boring, slow, terrible. Enjoyed Oceans Eleven but this ranks up to one of the worse movies I have seen.
  14. JamesP.
    Jun 21, 2005
    Compared to the first not even worth a look in.
  15. OmegaR.
    Sep 1, 2005
    Of course David Sterritt of the Christian Science Monitor liked this film, its full of Hollywood's most outspoken Liberals!!!
  16. SeanW.
    Dec 12, 2004
    "Lazy," indeed.
  17. LeighM.
    Dec 15, 2004
    This Movie was so boring i just wanted to get up and leave! It is nothing like the first one! If you wanna go and see a good movie go and watch the Oceans 11!
  18. AlexA.
    Dec 17, 2004
    This movie was very painfull to sit through. While Matt Damon was hilarious, the rest of the movie waned in disilusion with a terrible plot. I had been waiting for quite some time and it was a dissapointment.
  19. JosephH.
    Dec 22, 2004
    Badly directed, badly written, and way too long -- who in the world could have greelighted a heist script where every trick and twist is unbelievably dumb. There isn't a single five minute stretch of this film that doesn't feel like a seventh-grader's idea of a heist film. Biggest howlers of the year: the Night Fox reveals how he bypassed the intricate laser defense system. Badly directed, badly written, and way too long -- who in the world could have greelighted a heist script where every trick and twist is unbelievably dumb. There isn't a single five minute stretch of this film that doesn't feel like a seventh-grader's idea of a heist film. Biggest howlers of the year: the Night Fox reveals how he bypassed the intricate laser defense system. Tied with the method the Ocean Twelve's crew reveals at the very end to steal the worlds most valuable object -- which any two-bit pickpocket could pull off. And which, by the way, would seem to make the rest of the movie unnecessary. Awful. Expand
  20. RonK
    Dec 23, 2004
    I was sucked in by the original and that with this cast, it couldn't be as bad as the critics were saying. But it is. What a waste of talent and 2&1/2 hours of my time.
  21. bryan
    Dec 28, 2004
    Whereas the first installment maintained a focus, this film was scattershot. it appeared to me that instead of creating a story and further developing characters to woo the audience, those involved chose to exploit the beautiful locations and toss in ad hoc problems and implausible solutions. the movie steamrolled into complete absurdity when julia roberts' character impersonated Whereas the first installment maintained a focus, this film was scattershot. it appeared to me that instead of creating a story and further developing characters to woo the audience, those involved chose to exploit the beautiful locations and toss in ad hoc problems and implausible solutions. the movie steamrolled into complete absurdity when julia roberts' character impersonated julia roberts. why didn't don cheadle just imitate himself? and to have new characters added all the way to the end of the movie showed that the storyline was thin. my only wish was that the movie would have been much shorter. either that or never to have made the movie. Expand
  22. JamesC.
    Dec 11, 2004
    You can thank me later for saving 2 hours and 20 minutes of your life. I had to sit through this awful movie and no one else should have to be this unlucky. Mr. Soderbergh, just because you throw in slick music, it does not mean the scene is slick and arty. It's a collage of really bad scenes with snappy music that makes you think you're just a having a ball watching this movie. You can thank me later for saving 2 hours and 20 minutes of your life. I had to sit through this awful movie and no one else should have to be this unlucky. Mr. Soderbergh, just because you throw in slick music, it does not mean the scene is slick and arty. It's a collage of really bad scenes with snappy music that makes you think you're just a having a ball watching this movie. The audience I had, got up so many times to go to toilet, you would have thought they were giving away free popcorn. To be honest I'm sure the sound of flushing toilets was more entertaining than this sad excuse for a film. Why did I give it 2 stars instead of 0? It's the holidays and I'm in a giving mood. Expand
  23. Jan 22, 2014
    Feels like going for a burger at Wendy's after having steaks at a fancy restaurant is the best way to sum up Oceans twelve in continuation from Oceans eleven. It's like twelve was one too many, but like I said it's a baconater: a little messier, greasier and floppier. But (there's always a 'but' in a 6/10 rating) even though I was kind of confused with the narrative at times Ocean's TwelveFeels like going for a burger at Wendy's after having steaks at a fancy restaurant is the best way to sum up Oceans twelve in continuation from Oceans eleven. It's like twelve was one too many, but like I said it's a baconater: a little messier, greasier and floppier. But (there's always a 'but' in a 6/10 rating) even though I was kind of confused with the narrative at times Ocean's Twelve is still cool and like Wendy's, even though it's not good for you at all you still go back, even more so than that fancy restaurant. Expand
  24. SimonK.
    Feb 7, 2005
    I cannot believe the low rating for this film! This was the most enjoyable film of the year. Apart from a shockingly cringey appearance of Julia Roberts as herself this sequel makes for an excellent view. The plot is complex, but well explained, comical, without being cheesy. This film collects some of the finest acotrs of modern cinema and yet allows all of them to simultaneously shine I cannot believe the low rating for this film! This was the most enjoyable film of the year. Apart from a shockingly cringey appearance of Julia Roberts as herself this sequel makes for an excellent view. The plot is complex, but well explained, comical, without being cheesy. This film collects some of the finest acotrs of modern cinema and yet allows all of them to simultaneously shine in the same movie. GIVE THIS FILM A CHANCE WHATEVER YOUR FRIENDS HAVE TOLD YOU! Expand
  25. GraemeD.
    Jan 24, 2005
    This movie is so amateurish. Terrible script and cinematography! It appeared that this was all first-take material and is an embarrassemnt for the actors involved. I was sooooo bored.
  26. PaulM.
    Feb 13, 2005
    Watch it twice and it all falls into places. Great show!
  27. PaulW.
    Feb 17, 2005
    If you enjoyed the first you will enjoy this, granted its not aqs gd but its entertaining nonthsless, very gd music!
  28. Laura
    Feb 26, 2005
    Watchable yet cringeable, the whole film is a whole pile of either obvious(bordering on slapstick) jokes and other "jokes" that you feel like your not quite getting(like your somehow out of the loop!). Frustratingly boring robbery in the end after all the lead up to it.
  29. RickK
    Apr 30, 2005
    A reasonable sequel to Ocean's 11, but certainly not as good as the original. And I'd recommend other similar type movies (e.g. The Italian Job, The Thomas Crowne Affair) way ahead of this one.
  30. RickyQ.
    Dec 11, 2004
    The original had charm and style. This sequel is missing it as it goes in too many directions. If you are going to do a rush job than don't make a sequel. It just shouldn't be!

Even frothier and more frivolous than the first movie: It's a heist picture so laid-back and unconcerned, even the heist feels like an afterthought.
  2. As soon as it's over, and you find yourself back in the harsh light of the workaday world, you'll be hard-pressed to remember what happened. Except that you'll remember enjoying yourself - immensely.
  3. Isn't just a double whammy, it's a whammy squared - a goofy, stylish heist movie that'll steal moviegoers from other pictures.