Disneynature | Release Date: April 22, 2010
7.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 21 Ratings
WATCH NOW
SpaceSharkApr 23, 2010
Make sure they check your digital projector before you see it. I saw it last night and everything was pushed to the red. It can make for a poor viewing experience. I hope to see it again with the right colors... Should help get it a higher rating.
NerijusDApr 22, 2010
Beautiful. A very high-quality film.
MarenA.Apr 24, 2010
While the visuals are stunning, the movie felt very disjointed. I felt that there was so much they could have done to make it feel more like a story about the ocean and all the creatures & magical things living within it, but instead, it While the visuals are stunning, the movie felt very disjointed. I felt that there was so much they could have done to make it feel more like a story about the ocean and all the creatures & magical things living within it, but instead, it felt like a sub-par nature show with fantastic images. SO much potential for a really great narrative with a meaningful takeaway message that was not anywhere close to being achieved. Expand
sailoraideJan 8, 2011
This is true art. It is life. No unnecessary story needed, just beautiful images of our planet's seas and the creatures that inhabit them. Oceans provides some of the most stunning and breathtaking scenes that you will ever witness. ThisThis is true art. It is life. No unnecessary story needed, just beautiful images of our planet's seas and the creatures that inhabit them. Oceans provides some of the most stunning and breathtaking scenes that you will ever witness. This in-depth journey into an undersea world introduces us to many of the most odd creatures in our oceans. Most of them, I assure you that you did not even know existed. And it is a wonderful discovery to learn about them and watch them in their national habitats, completely unaffected by outside influence.

Each picture seems to be more visually spectacular than the next and the film weaves its way between creatures we know and love to those that we could only have possibly dreamed of. It is full of tenderness, love, and the reality of the circle of life. Quite simply, Oceans is a gorgeous documentary of discovery that should excite any viewer, young or old. If there is a complaint to be had, it is that the narration sometimes distracts. Perhaps I'm just spoiled by the voice work of Morgan Freeman in other series of this type. But for me, it somehow didn't quite work. There are not enough adjectives to accurately describe the awe Oceans brings a viewer. This is high-quality film-making at its best. For any fan of Discovery's nature series or other films of this type, this is a must-see. Great for the whole family.
Khunter4382Jul 19, 2011
A very fine documentary that features many of the creatures we are well accustomed to, but existing in different situations and behaviors. Additionally, there are some life forms that I've never seen before as well, and a couple scenes inA very fine documentary that features many of the creatures we are well accustomed to, but existing in different situations and behaviors. Additionally, there are some life forms that I've never seen before as well, and a couple scenes in particular that are quite simply stunning......the beauty of nature exhibited in this footage can soften the hardest of hearts. Highly recommended for 83 relaxing minutes of your time. Expand