6.5

1. Aug 16, 2013
    Fed up with his mundane office job Peter Gibbons decides to neglect his job, finally ask out the waitress he has fancied for years and hatch an ill-conceived get rich quick scheme. Of course it doesn't exactly go according to plan....

Strangely overlooked upon its release word of mouth and the subsequent DVD release have seen Office Space become a cult comedy classic. Anyone that has gone through the day to day monotony of working life will quickly sympathise with Gibbons, played in brilliant understated fashion by Ron Livingston. The supporting cast from his irritating boss, to laid back next door neighbour, to stapler obsessed work colleague are all equally as good making for one of the funniest movies of the 90's.
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    The scene where they go apesh*t on the fax machine is absolutely priceless...
  3. Dec 12, 2013
    This film is stale and bland, which doesn't make it entertaining at all. The humor is dry, often making for boring moments. Half funny, at the best moments.
  4. BobS.
    Apr 17, 2007
    This movie is sheer genius. Hilarious. One of my favourite movies ever.
  5. JoeyK.
    Oct 1, 2006
    I have never met a human being who did not find this movie hilarious. It's fantastic, and it's already a classic. Every reviewer whose score wasn't in the green is a moron. Comparing this movie to Bartleby the Scrivener is one of the most sickening, insulting things I have ever heard in my life. And as a compliment, no less. Don't read these reviews, ask people, they I have never met a human being who did not find this movie hilarious. It's fantastic, and it's already a classic. Every reviewer whose score wasn't in the green is a moron. Comparing this movie to Bartleby the Scrivener is one of the most sickening, insulting things I have ever heard in my life. And as a compliment, no less. Don't read these reviews, ask people, they will all tell you that this movie is an amazing comedy. Expand
  6. KevinS.
    Mar 24, 2006
    Great movie. Anyone who has ever worked for a big company will especially appreciate this movie. There are so many scenes in this movie that I find myself quoting to friends. Watch the movie, odds are you will love it.
  7. Mar 18, 2011
    Yeah.. um.. I believe that this movie is awesome so yeah thanks milton
  8. MikeC.
    Aug 7, 2002
    This movie will make you laugh hard, guaranteed. Its funny and realistic, there is 1 thing missing in the movie that would make it 1 of the best ever but its still all good.
  9. jessicas.
    Jan 2, 2005
    This movie rocks.
  10. HerschelT.
    Jun 9, 2002
    When a comedy can "ring true" and still be funny as all get out, it's worth all the praise you can give it. Watched it twice now, and have a feeling it could have been a "cult flick". Soundtrack is kind of ill conceived, and there are a couple slow periods, and Jennifer Aniston's character needed more emphasis ... but it still is a near perfect effort by a bright yound director When a comedy can "ring true" and still be funny as all get out, it's worth all the praise you can give it. Watched it twice now, and have a feeling it could have been a "cult flick". Soundtrack is kind of ill conceived, and there are a couple slow periods, and Jennifer Aniston's character needed more emphasis ... but it still is a near perfect effort by a bright yound director and some well-placed actors, character actors, lead actors, and supporting roles. Bravo all around. Expand
  11. K-DogLambo
    Jun 10, 2003
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.
  12. PatC.
    Jan 6, 2004
    A rare film that knows where empowerment actually comes from and proceeds from there. While very funny in spots, it also infuses the viewer with a feeling of awe in its dead-on underlying intelligence. One might think its evaluation of upper management is a joke, but being an executive really is a thought process originating out of self-esteem, not something one can actually earn by A rare film that knows where empowerment actually comes from and proceeds from there. While very funny in spots, it also infuses the viewer with a feeling of awe in its dead-on underlying intelligence. One might think its evaluation of upper management is a joke, but being an executive really is a thought process originating out of self-esteem, not something one can actually earn by attaining skills or satisfying self-determined goals. Too bad the story degenerated into financial fraud, vandalism of hapless office equipment, and convenient destruction of records. This movie could have enlightened white-collar drones the same way "Network" did TV viewers. With a little more breadth of perspective, it would have been an undeniable classic. But it wasn't trying to be, so see it for the fun of it, soon as you finish your TPS Reports. Expand
  13. GaborA.
    Feb 19, 2004
    Not all of this movie will have you rolling around laughing but not a single joke missfires completely, and that in the genre of comedies these days is quite an accomplishment.
  14. Copymachine
    Oct 13, 2005
    Hilarious and on the topic. Probably one of the best movies of all time. Warning: people who don't have cubicle/office jobs won't find it (as) funny.
  15. DavidH.
    Jul 15, 2006
    Having worked for a few large corporates in my time, I could relate to so much in this movie! from everything to the stupid "motivational" / "mission statement" banners that get put up in offices to the multitudenous forms of office double-speak. This will become a cult classic (if it has not already)!
  16. ThatMulroneycakesAin'tRight
    Dec 2, 2002
    Wow - a good movie with Jennfier Aniston in it. A bit slow, but a lot funny. Kudos also for giving Milton corporeal existence.
  17. GabeT.
    Mar 27, 2002
    Despite a last half hour that goes nowhere slowly (and a missing ending), Mike Judge's "Office Space" remains a funny, clever take on the misery of the modern day cubicle. The comic performances are especially first rate, inclduing Gary Cole and John C. McGinley.
  18. BlancoA.
    Mar 29, 2002
    If you've ever working in an office of any kind, or been stuck in traffic, or had a dick for a boss, you'll bust a nut laughing at this one. Get your "O-Face" on, big time. Oh, oh, oh.
  19. Mel
    Jun 11, 2003
    Two words: engineer humor.
    Aug 14, 2002
    To really get this movie, you need to have worked in an office cubicle before. I can relate to most of this. The movie is hilarious.
  21. MikeJ.
    Sep 12, 2002
    I agree the movie is slow sometimes but it's still pretty good. It's not hilarious but it's really fun to watch. Also, the hiphop soundtrack is awesome. Even though i'm not really into it, and hiphop and computer programmers don't seem like they'd go together, the soundtrack fits the movie perfectly in a weird way.
  22. MikeW.
    Jun 19, 2004
    I've seen this movie four times over the past few years, and I enjoy it every time.
  23. BrianG
    Nov 8, 2005
    Hilarious!
  24. PatrickM.
    Mar 16, 2006
    This is a hilarious movie with a laugh-out-loud plot.
  25. Nov 2, 2010
    A classic, a movie you can watch over 30 times and still enjoy it every single time. This movie is already a cult classic and I guarantee people will still love it 20 years from now.
  26. Jun 12, 2013
    Netflix bought this film to my attention, and I am now in debt to them, Office Space hits all the right notes by offering a hilarious yet realistic insight into the typical 9-5 job, through repetition. There is always that person in the job who takes it too seriously, the other one who thinks they are the greatest thing to happen to the place since it began, and of course the ones thatNetflix bought this film to my attention, and I am now in debt to them, Office Space hits all the right notes by offering a hilarious yet realistic insight into the typical 9-5 job, through repetition. There is always that person in the job who takes it too seriously, the other one who thinks they are the greatest thing to happen to the place since it began, and of course the ones that dream outside of the place everyday, the ones who simply don't want to be there.
    Peter (Ron Livingstone) falls into the last category, a yes-man who often thinks up scenarios outside of his office cubicle, what if he won one million dollars, why does he continue to do as he is told?
    When he agrees to a form of hypnotic therapy, a tragic mishap leaves him still in half-hypnosis, he sees a new outlook and a new found sense of calm, and the confidence to do what he has always wanted, nothing.
    His honesty pays off to an extent, and the underlying message within the film shines through, not necessarily be honest down to the point of full admittance, but be who you should be, its a look at just how executive management can come with various scare tactics.
    The highlights of the film are the repetitive devices used throughout the film, especially the role of vice-president Bill, played in excellent fashion by Gary Cole, or Milton, the mumbling employee, who is just hilarious to listen to at every turn, played by Stephen Root.
    The messages ringing true are not to accept something menial if you believe it to be so. The genius of the film is its simple premise of disgruntled office workers, always wanting to establish themselves as something better, but the prospect of continuing money and a sense of security leaves many too comfortable and afraid of change, therefore accepting their position. Jennifer Aniston also stars as another bored employee, but of a restaurant that Peter and his friends often visit.
    The slow pace of the film benefits greatly to the story and to develop characters that are reminiscent of real life situations and people. An underrated and brilliant comedy that is relatable and true, right down to the point where we all want to throw it in the bosses face.
  27. May 23, 2012
    Great character building and the acting is very good. It loses it's momentum a little in the middle but is an outstanding movie and is one of the funniest movies ever.
  28. Jul 5, 2012
    Cult classic that if you havn't seen it yet, you may live in a hole. Very easy plot but the characters make the roles memorable. A mundane life is left behind for discovery-something we all wish we could do at one time or another. "Damn it feels good to be a gangster......."
  29. Mar 19, 2013
    Ummm.. Yeah if you could go ahead and give this movie a 10, as it is one of the most underrated and underappreciated movies of all-time, that would be greaat.....
  30. Jun 11, 2014
    Office Space was a pretty good comedy overall. Its portrayal of office life is funny and, throughout, it is pretty funny. It is never uproariously funny, but the humor it goes for often times works pretty well. The acting is fine as a whole and the story is interesting. However, something just feels like it is missing. It is hard to put my finger on it, but I was left slightlyOffice Space was a pretty good comedy overall. Its portrayal of office life is funny and, throughout, it is pretty funny. It is never uproariously funny, but the humor it goes for often times works pretty well. The acting is fine as a whole and the story is interesting. However, something just feels like it is missing. It is hard to put my finger on it, but I was left slightly underwhelmed. I was entertained and the movie was just fine, but there was a part of me that felt like there was something that was not there that should have been there. I guess my problem with the film is that it felt relatively safe. It was not extraordinary in any way and was content just being some movie rather than going for more. While fine, I doubt this one will be one I remember in great detail. Just feels run-of-the-mill. Expand
  31. Nov 28, 2012
    Directed by "King of the Hill" creator, Mike Judge, "Office Space" is a pretty funny comedy about the dreaded life within a cubicle. Ron Livingston does a swell job portraying the likeable character Peter Gibbons, and Gary Cole does an excellent job playing the subtly villainous Bill Lumbergh. Oh and of course you can't forget, the classic character, Milton. Overall, "Office Space" is aDirected by "King of the Hill" creator, Mike Judge, "Office Space" is a pretty funny comedy about the dreaded life within a cubicle. Ron Livingston does a swell job portraying the likeable character Peter Gibbons, and Gary Cole does an excellent job playing the subtly villainous Bill Lumbergh. Oh and of course you can't forget, the classic character, Milton. Overall, "Office Space" is a fairly amusing trip. Expand
  32. Jun 13, 2014
    A clever, sharp parody of office workers with a brilliant script and funny performances. It's a film that's very under the radar, as it lacks all the raunchy essences of films like 'Hangover', 'American Pie', and 'Knocked Up' for it to be marketed efficiently and easily at the same time. But if you give it a try, it's one of the funniest movies you're like to see, if you're an IT worker.
  33. Mar 9, 2014
    Office Space is sometimes funny, and has an interesting storyline. But the best part of Office Space is its spot-on accuracy of portraying life inside the cubicle.
  34. Apr 2, 2015
    It lacks the requisite edge to fully realise all of its satirical ambitions, but "Office Space" is nonetheless a sarcastic, engaging and underrated glimpse into the life of American office workers at the turn of the millennium, featuring a well-crafted storyline and well-timed jokes, bolstered by a perfectly-cast ensemble of straight men and women - with Ron Livingston an appealing andIt lacks the requisite edge to fully realise all of its satirical ambitions, but "Office Space" is nonetheless a sarcastic, engaging and underrated glimpse into the life of American office workers at the turn of the millennium, featuring a well-crafted storyline and well-timed jokes, bolstered by a perfectly-cast ensemble of straight men and women - with Ron Livingston an appealing and understated everyman lead - to outright oddballs - especially Bill Lumbergh and Milton, two of modern movies' most memorable and laugh-out-loud comedic creations. Expand
  35. Mar 23, 2015
    This wickedly funny movie seems to present an awful lot of wish fulfilment for anyone who's ever worked in an office, as Ron Livingston does everything you want to do at your job but can't. The humour is dry and the individual's characters quirks present fun caricatures of some of the types you might come across in an average office, while the movie does a great job of conveying theThis wickedly funny movie seems to present an awful lot of wish fulfilment for anyone who's ever worked in an office, as Ron Livingston does everything you want to do at your job but can't. The humour is dry and the individual's characters quirks present fun caricatures of some of the types you might come across in an average office, while the movie does a great job of conveying the frustration and futility of modern office life with lots of quotable moments--there's a reason this movie has produced expressions so ubiquitous I didn't even know they were from this movie ("goddamn right Bob") as well as a popular meme. Very funny, clever film. Expand
  36. May 11, 2015
    office space is hilarious smart gags, likable characters and has a relatable premise one of my favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A knowing, somewhat slight, often hilarious sendup of cubicle culture.
  2. Drably shot, unimaginatively written and shallowly acted, it's a poor example of the "daffy, goofy, sex-crazed guys" occupational comedies that flourished throughout the job-obsessed '80s. [19 Feb 1999]
  3. Bristling with shrewd observation, inspired humor and all-around smarts, Office Space is a winner about a guy who's beginning to feel like a loser. [19 Feb 1999]