6.5

1. Nov 15, 2012
    The scene where they go apesh*t on the fax machine is absolutely priceless...
  2. BobS.
    Apr 17, 2007
    This movie is sheer genius. Hilarious. One of my favourite movies ever.
  3. JoeyK.
    Oct 1, 2006
    I have never met a human being who did not find this movie hilarious. It's fantastic, and it's already a classic. Every reviewer whose score wasn't in the green is a moron. Comparing this movie to Bartleby the Scrivener is one of the most sickening, insulting things I have ever heard in my life. And as a compliment, no less. Don't read these reviews, ask people, they I have never met a human being who did not find this movie hilarious. It's fantastic, and it's already a classic. Every reviewer whose score wasn't in the green is a moron. Comparing this movie to Bartleby the Scrivener is one of the most sickening, insulting things I have ever heard in my life. And as a compliment, no less. Don't read these reviews, ask people, they will all tell you that this movie is an amazing comedy. Expand
  4. KevinS.
    Mar 24, 2006
    Great movie. Anyone who has ever worked for a big company will especially appreciate this movie. There are so many scenes in this movie that I find myself quoting to friends. Watch the movie, odds are you will love it.
  5. Mar 18, 2011
    Yeah.. um.. I believe that this movie is awesome so yeah thanks milton
  6. jessicas.
    Jan 2, 2005
    This movie rocks.
  7. HerschelT.
    Jun 9, 2002
    When a comedy can "ring true" and still be funny as all get out, it's worth all the praise you can give it. Watched it twice now, and have a feeling it could have been a "cult flick". Soundtrack is kind of ill conceived, and there are a couple slow periods, and Jennifer Aniston's character needed more emphasis ... but it still is a near perfect effort by a bright yound director When a comedy can "ring true" and still be funny as all get out, it's worth all the praise you can give it. Watched it twice now, and have a feeling it could have been a "cult flick". Soundtrack is kind of ill conceived, and there are a couple slow periods, and Jennifer Aniston's character needed more emphasis ... but it still is a near perfect effort by a bright yound director and some well-placed actors, character actors, lead actors, and supporting roles. Bravo all around. Expand
  8. K-DogLambo
    Jun 10, 2003
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.
  9. PatC.
    Jan 6, 2004
    A rare film that knows where empowerment actually comes from and proceeds from there. While very funny in spots, it also infuses the viewer with a feeling of awe in its dead-on underlying intelligence. One might think its evaluation of upper management is a joke, but being an executive really is a thought process originating out of self-esteem, not something one can actually earn by A rare film that knows where empowerment actually comes from and proceeds from there. While very funny in spots, it also infuses the viewer with a feeling of awe in its dead-on underlying intelligence. One might think its evaluation of upper management is a joke, but being an executive really is a thought process originating out of self-esteem, not something one can actually earn by attaining skills or satisfying self-determined goals. Too bad the story degenerated into financial fraud, vandalism of hapless office equipment, and convenient destruction of records. This movie could have enlightened white-collar drones the same way "Network" did TV viewers. With a little more breadth of perspective, it would have been an undeniable classic. But it wasn't trying to be, so see it for the fun of it, soon as you finish your TPS Reports. Expand
  10. Copymachine
    Oct 13, 2005
    Hilarious and on the topic. Probably one of the best movies of all time. Warning: people who don't have cubicle/office jobs won't find it (as) funny.
  11. DavidH.
    Jul 15, 2006
    Having worked for a few large corporates in my time, I could relate to so much in this movie! from everything to the stupid "motivational" / "mission statement" banners that get put up in offices to the multitudenous forms of office double-speak. This will become a cult classic (if it has not already)!
  12. BlancoA.
    Mar 29, 2002
    If you've ever working in an office of any kind, or been stuck in traffic, or had a dick for a boss, you'll bust a nut laughing at this one. Get your "O-Face" on, big time. Oh, oh, oh.
    Aug 14, 2002
    To really get this movie, you need to have worked in an office cubicle before. I can relate to most of this. The movie is hilarious.
  14. MikeJ.
    Sep 12, 2002
    I agree the movie is slow sometimes but it's still pretty good. It's not hilarious but it's really fun to watch. Also, the hiphop soundtrack is awesome. Even though i'm not really into it, and hiphop and computer programmers don't seem like they'd go together, the soundtrack fits the movie perfectly in a weird way.
  15. BrianG
    Nov 8, 2005
    Hilarious!
  16. PatrickM.
    Mar 16, 2006
    This is a hilarious movie with a laugh-out-loud plot.
  17. Nov 2, 2010
    A classic, a movie you can watch over 30 times and still enjoy it every single time. This movie is already a cult classic and I guarantee people will still love it 20 years from now.
  18. Jun 12, 2013
    Netflix bought this film to my attention, and I am now in debt to them, Office Space hits all the right notes by offering a hilarious yet realistic insight into the typical 9-5 job, through repetition. There is always that person in the job who takes it too seriously, the other one who thinks they are the greatest thing to happen to the place since it began, and of course the ones thatNetflix bought this film to my attention, and I am now in debt to them, Office Space hits all the right notes by offering a hilarious yet realistic insight into the typical 9-5 job, through repetition. There is always that person in the job who takes it too seriously, the other one who thinks they are the greatest thing to happen to the place since it began, and of course the ones that dream outside of the place everyday, the ones who simply don't want to be there.
    Peter (Ron Livingstone) falls into the last category, a yes-man who often thinks up scenarios outside of his office cubicle, what if he won one million dollars, why does he continue to do as he is told?
    When he agrees to a form of hypnotic therapy, a tragic mishap leaves him still in half-hypnosis, he sees a new outlook and a new found sense of calm, and the confidence to do what he has always wanted, nothing.
    His honesty pays off to an extent, and the underlying message within the film shines through, not necessarily be honest down to the point of full admittance, but be who you should be, its a look at just how executive management can come with various scare tactics.
    The highlights of the film are the repetitive devices used throughout the film, especially the role of vice-president Bill, played in excellent fashion by Gary Cole, or Milton, the mumbling employee, who is just hilarious to listen to at every turn, played by Stephen Root.
    The messages ringing true are not to accept something menial if you believe it to be so. The genius of the film is its simple premise of disgruntled office workers, always wanting to establish themselves as something better, but the prospect of continuing money and a sense of security leaves many too comfortable and afraid of change, therefore accepting their position. Jennifer Aniston also stars as another bored employee, but of a restaurant that Peter and his friends often visit.
    The slow pace of the film benefits greatly to the story and to develop characters that are reminiscent of real life situations and people. An underrated and brilliant comedy that is relatable and true, right down to the point where we all want to throw it in the bosses face.
  19. May 23, 2012
    Great character building and the acting is very good. It loses it's momentum a little in the middle but is an outstanding movie and is one of the funniest movies ever.
  20. Mar 19, 2013
    Ummm.. Yeah if you could go ahead and give this movie a 10, as it is one of the most underrated and underappreciated movies of all-time, that would be greaat.....
  21. Jun 13, 2014
    A clever, sharp parody of office workers with a brilliant script and funny performances. It's a film that's very under the radar, as it lacks all the raunchy essences of films like 'Hangover', 'American Pie', and 'Knocked Up' for it to be marketed efficiently and easily at the same time. But if you give it a try, it's one of the funniest movies you're like to see, if you're an IT worker.
  22. May 11, 2015
    office space is hilarious smart gags, likable characters and has a relatable premise one of my favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A knowing, somewhat slight, often hilarious sendup of cubicle culture.
  2. Drably shot, unimaginatively written and shallowly acted, it's a poor example of the "daffy, goofy, sex-crazed guys" occupational comedies that flourished throughout the job-obsessed '80s. [19 Feb 1999]
  3. Bristling with shrewd observation, inspired humor and all-around smarts, Office Space is a winner about a guy who's beginning to feel like a loser. [19 Feb 1999]