8.4

1. Jun 13, 2014
    A clever, sharp parody of office workers with a brilliant script and funny performances. It's a film that's very under the radar, as it lacks all the raunchy essences of films like 'Hangover', 'American Pie', and 'Knocked Up' for it to be marketed efficiently and easily at the same time. But if you give it a try, it's one of the funniest movies you're like to see, if you're an IT worker.
  2. Jun 11, 2014
    Office Space was a pretty good comedy overall. Its portrayal of office life is funny and, throughout, it is pretty funny. It is never uproariously funny, but the humor it goes for often times works pretty well. The acting is fine as a whole and the story is interesting. However, something just feels like it is missing. It is hard to put my finger on it, but I was left slightly underwhelmed. I was entertained and the movie was just fine, but there was a part of me that felt like there was something that was not there that should have been there. I guess my problem with the film is that it felt relatively safe. It was not extraordinary in any way and was content just being some movie rather than going for more. While fine, I doubt this one will be one I remember in great detail. Just feels run-of-the-mill. Expand
  3. Mar 9, 2014
    Office Space is sometimes funny, and has an interesting storyline. But the best part of Office Space is its spot-on accuracy of portraying life inside the cubicle.
  4. Dec 12, 2013
    This film is stale and bland, which doesn't make it entertaining at all. The humor is dry, often making for boring moments. Half funny, at the best moments.
  5. Aug 16, 2013
    Fed up with his mundane office job Peter Gibbons decides to neglect his job, finally ask out the waitress he has fancied for years and hatch an ill-conceived get rich quick scheme. Of course it doesn't exactly go according to plan....

Strangely overlooked upon its release word of mouth and the subsequent DVD release have seen Office Space become a cult comedy classic. Anyone that has
    gone through the day to day monotony of working life will quickly sympathise with Gibbons, played in brilliant understated fashion by Ron Livingston. The supporting cast from his irritating boss, to laid back next door neighbour, to stapler obsessed work colleague are all equally as good making for one of the funniest movies of the 90's. Expand
  6. Jun 12, 2013
    Netflix bought this film to my attention, and I am now in debt to them, Office Space hits all the right notes by offering a hilarious yet realistic insight into the typical 9-5 job, through repetition. There is always that person in the job who takes it too seriously, the other one who thinks they are the greatest thing to happen to the place since it began, and of course the ones that dream outside of the place everyday, the ones who simply don't want to be there.
    Peter (Ron Livingstone) falls into the last category, a yes-man who often thinks up scenarios outside of his office cubicle, what if he won one million dollars, why does he continue to do as he is told?
    When he agrees to a form of hypnotic therapy, a tragic mishap leaves him still in half-hypnosis, he sees a new outlook and a new found sense of calm, and the confidence to do what he has always wanted, nothing.
    His honesty pays off to an extent, and the underlying message within the film shines through, not necessarily be honest down to the point of full admittance, but be who you should be, its a look at just how executive management can come with various scare tactics.
    The highlights of the film are the repetitive devices used throughout the film, especially the role of vice-president Bill, played in excellent fashion by Gary Cole, or Milton, the mumbling employee, who is just hilarious to listen to at every turn, played by Stephen Root.
    The messages ringing true are not to accept something menial if you believe it to be so. The genius of the film is its simple premise of disgruntled office workers, always wanting to establish themselves as something better, but the prospect of continuing money and a sense of security leaves many too comfortable and afraid of change, therefore accepting their position. Jennifer Aniston also stars as another bored employee, but of a restaurant that Peter and his friends often visit.
    The slow pace of the film benefits greatly to the story and to develop characters that are reminiscent of real life situations and people. An underrated and brilliant comedy that is relatable and true, right down to the point where we all want to throw it in the bosses face.
  7. Mar 19, 2013
    Ummm.. Yeah if you could go ahead and give this movie a 10, as it is one of the most underrated and underappreciated movies of all-time, that would be greaat.....
  8. Nov 28, 2012
    Directed by "King of the Hill" creator, Mike Judge, "Office Space" is a pretty funny comedy about the dreaded life within a cubicle. Ron Livingston does a swell job portraying the likeable character Peter Gibbons, and Gary Cole does an excellent job playing the subtly villainous Bill Lumbergh. Oh and of course you can't forget, the classic character, Milton. Overall, "Office Space" is a fairly amusing trip. Expand
  9. Nov 15, 2012
    The scene where they go apesh*t on the fax machine is absolutely priceless...
  10. Jul 5, 2012
    Cult classic that if you havn't seen it yet, you may live in a hole. Very easy plot but the characters make the roles memorable. A mundane life is left behind for discovery-something we all wish we could do at one time or another. "Damn it feels good to be a gangster......."
  11. May 23, 2012
    Great character building and the acting is very good. It loses it's momentum a little in the middle but is an outstanding movie and is one of the funniest movies ever.
  12. Mar 18, 2011
    Yeah.. um.. I believe that this movie is awesome so yeah thanks milton
  13. Nov 2, 2010
    A classic, a movie you can watch over 30 times and still enjoy it every single time. This movie is already a cult classic and I guarantee people will still love it 20 years from now.

A knowing, somewhat slight, often hilarious sendup of cubicle culture.
  2. Drably shot, unimaginatively written and shallowly acted, it's a poor example of the "daffy, goofy, sex-crazed guys" occupational comedies that flourished throughout the job-obsessed '80s. [19 Feb 1999]
  3. Bristling with shrewd observation, inspired humor and all-around smarts, Office Space is a winner about a guy who's beginning to feel like a loser. [19 Feb 1999]