7.5

1. IlzeS.
    Jan 8, 2006
    The movie is boring. The book is much better than this adaptation. I expected more, there are no pleasure in this film. It
  2. larap.
    Sep 24, 2005
    A dreadful movie that bores the audience throughout. The child has about 1/8th the talent of other budding child movie starlets such as Freddie Highmore or Dakota Fanning. The story is lost in the dreary, unimaginative sets and the lack of emotion in the film itself is troubling.
  3. BrianM.
    Feb 5, 2006
    I just couldn't get into it. None of the characters connected with me. I actually turned off the DVD about two-thirds of the way through, and never finished it, because I was bored.
  4. PrudenceK.
    Sep 24, 2005
    Frightening! That was very disturbing. Don't see it! I'm telling you that you'll be sorry. In my top 10 of most disturbing films ever made!
  5. Crysania
    Apr 14, 2006
    Lots of people who had reviewed this movie would compare it either with the book, adapted play or previous films. As I did not have any prior experience with any of those materials, I could do an unbias review. Boring was the verdict. Although the acting was good, the production lavish and good directing from Polanski, it failed to exhume any feelings I may have had for any of those Lots of people who had reviewed this movie would compare it either with the book, adapted play or previous films. As I did not have any prior experience with any of those materials, I could do an unbias review. Boring was the verdict. Although the acting was good, the production lavish and good directing from Polanski, it failed to exhume any feelings I may have had for any of those characters except for a brief interlude at the end. Best to watch it with the sub-titles on. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Phil Hall
    Handsomely produced but emotionally inert offering.
  2. The biggest surprise in Roman Polanski's Oliver Twist is that there are no surprises.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A respectable literary adaptation but lacks dramatic urgency and intriguing undercurrents.