7.5

1. BrianM.
    Feb 5, 2006
    I just couldn't get into it. None of the characters connected with me. I actually turned off the DVD about two-thirds of the way through, and never finished it, because I was bored.
  2. Crysania
    Apr 14, 2006
    Lots of people who had reviewed this movie would compare it either with the book, adapted play or previous films. As I did not have any prior experience with any of those materials, I could do an unbias review. Boring was the verdict. Although the acting was good, the production lavish and good directing from Polanski, it failed to exhume any feelings I may have had for any of those Lots of people who had reviewed this movie would compare it either with the book, adapted play or previous films. As I did not have any prior experience with any of those materials, I could do an unbias review. Boring was the verdict. Although the acting was good, the production lavish and good directing from Polanski, it failed to exhume any feelings I may have had for any of those characters except for a brief interlude at the end. Best to watch it with the sub-titles on. Expand
  3. EmmaC.
    Nov 12, 2005
    I think most of the viewers have seen this act out thing already.so when we saw this movie...we will like already know what will be going on in the next secne.so i may thought that to change some of the scene into better ones.
  4. Feb 2, 2013
    A movie greatly exaggerated, pessimistic and dramatic. But it's a good movie and very cultured.

1. Reviewed by: Phil Hall
    Handsomely produced but emotionally inert offering.
  2. The biggest surprise in Roman Polanski's Oliver Twist is that there are no surprises.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A respectable literary adaptation but lacks dramatic urgency and intriguing undercurrents.