TriStar Pictures | Release Date: September 23, 2005
7.5
Generally favorable reviews based on 46 Ratings
WATCH NOW
BrianM.Feb 5, 2006
I just couldn't get into it. None of the characters connected with me. I actually turned off the DVD about two-thirds of the way through, and never finished it, because I was bored.
CrysaniaApr 14, 2006
Lots of people who had reviewed this movie would compare it either with the book, adapted play or previous films. As I did not have any prior experience with any of those materials, I could do an unbias review. Boring was the verdict. Lots of people who had reviewed this movie would compare it either with the book, adapted play or previous films. As I did not have any prior experience with any of those materials, I could do an unbias review. Boring was the verdict. Although the acting was good, the production lavish and good directing from Polanski, it failed to exhume any feelings I may have had for any of those characters except for a brief interlude at the end. Best to watch it with the sub-titles on. Expand
EmmaC.Nov 12, 2005
I think most of the viewers have seen this act out thing already.so when we saw this movie...we will like already know what will be going on in the next secne.so i may thought that to change some of the scene into better ones.
RikiegeFeb 2, 2013
A movie greatly exaggerated, pessimistic and dramatic. But it's a good movie and very cultured.