7.2

1. Feb 22, 2014
    One of my favorite films of this young year. The young actors are excellent, and the actor who plays the Israeli officer/agent is terrific. The story pulses with action and romantic intrigue. I found it a touch confusing at the outset exactly which side of the wall Omar is on at a given time, and I felt I was playing catch-up a bit, but as the story of this group of friends develops, things become clear. The suspense is maintained until the credits roll. It's great to be able to turn to quality foreign films like this one during the first quarter of the year when Hollywood typically churns out its modest slate. Expand
  2. Mar 22, 2014
    "Omar" has one of the most believable performances I've ever seen on the big screen. The whole story is breathtaking, the cinematography, being able to catch with the hit and run scenes is terrific. Everything in this film is beautifully crafted, although it is not a perfect movie, it is near one, it is a charming love story, thus I highly recommend it.

1. Reviewed by: Lucy Popescu
    May 30, 2014
    This is political cinema at its best; intelligent, thought-provoking and utterly absorbing. Bakri is a star in the making and delivers an electrifying performance.
  2. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Mar 13, 2014
    The movie lands like a punch.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Feb 28, 2014
    The film works best as a straightforward melodrama set in an anything but straightforward world.