5.2

1. Mar 18, 2012
    Here we have a near-perfect thriller told in classic Hitchcoc fashion. The acting and storytelling is great, and Robin Williams does really come off as one of the creepiest roles I have seen him in. Even with his creepiness, we sympathize with him and want him to succeed - at least to some extent. The story and pacing of this film both are great, and it really is a film Alfred HitchcocHere we have a near-perfect thriller told in classic Hitchcoc fashion. The acting and storytelling is great, and Robin Williams does really come off as one of the creepiest roles I have seen him in. Even with his creepiness, we sympathize with him and want him to succeed - at least to some extent. The story and pacing of this film both are great, and it really is a film Alfred Hitchcoc would produce if he were still alive today. I really enjoyed this movie from start to finish. The chemistry between the characters and the many twists in the story make this a wonderful little gem well worth your time to watch. Expand
  2. Apr 29, 2011
    A chilling atmosphere and a great performance by Robin Williams, truly demonstrating what a good actor he is (if you need further proof just watch Insomnia). One Hour Photo is a gripping and intense portrayal of loneliness and its potential effects. The film is let down by a slightly poor ending, yet this does not detract too much from the experience.
  3. May 22, 2015
    A true testament to the cinematic versatility of Robin Williams, "One Hour Photo" is a subtle, contained, sick-to-your stomach thriller tinged with Mark Romanek's signature aesthetic flair.
  4. Nov 21, 2014
    I was sort of expecting this film to generate a cult following after Robin Williams death. He didn't seem to receive much attention for this role but I see it as one of his best. Its weird to see Williams in the villain role but it doesn't take long for you to notice how well he portrays Sy the Photo Guy. One Hour Photo kept me guessing until the end.
  5. Mar 18, 2012
    A superb performance by Robin Williams raises this movie above the usual run of the mill thrillers. Although he is disturbed you cannot help but feel a certain sorrow for his character and this is what makes the movie.as the rest of it is fairly obvious stock.
  6. Oct 12, 2012
    Disturbing movie. Good acting. Creepiest role I ever seen from Robin Williams. Nice storytelling. You must watch it if you like thriller movies. I like it. 7/10

1. Watchable if relatively threadbare movie.
    Williams triumphs by exceeding both in sheer actor's craft - and the depths he plumbs in his character's tortured soul.
  3. Williams once knew how to be very still and yet allow us to see the plangent human being underneath. In One Hour Photo, Sy's scary ordinariness is a species of acting stunt. There's no there there.