Open Season

6.1

1. StinkyP.
    Jan 30, 2007
    Great and charming film. The story was original and the animation had a cool Hanna-Barbera 3-d look to it.
  2. Sonja
    Oct 3, 2006
    Laugh out loud funny in just enough places.
  3. AnsonG
    Oct 25, 2006
    Actually is a great movie but not the best.
    Sep 26, 2006
    Some of the best animation I have seen in years, directing top-notch, and I laughed out loud 10-15 times. Great for kids over 5, and fun for adults.
  5. JeffL.
    Sep 28, 2006
    Great fun for the kids and adults! The animation is great and the colors jump from the screen. Great family fun.
  6. Nov 19, 2011
    Open Season is a very funny animated comedy. There is enough charm and funny moments to make this worth watching. The story is okay, which is the only real weak point.
  7. Oct 2, 2013
    Here we have a film that delivered very grand humour, as well as enhancing the moral of ‘letting things go’ a moral that is especially important for children. But while the humour and evidence of moral is elegant, the story itself is quite obtrusively cliché; for example the classic ‘disagreement’ between two protagonists was not given any spice here, which made me cringe.

Nonetheless,

Nonetheless, as long as you don’t get disappointed by cliché, you’ll enjoy this film and the humour it has to offer.
  8. Mar 27, 2013
    Very humerus film with a mama's boy of a grizzly bear and an outcast of a deer. The plot and acting were done well, overflowing with laughter inducing punchlines.
  9. Apr 23, 2013
    Whether it's cliche or not, this is a really good movie. when it comes to movies, I usually hate cliche movies, but this is an exception because this moral was explained in a different way, and they nailed jokes. 9/10

1. The overfamiliar Open Season feels like just another CG 'toon in our 'toon-glutted times.
  2. Little more than paint-by-numbers filmmaking, and it fails in the most important charge of any children's movie: to transport its young and impressionable audience to a world where anything is possible, rather than to one where everything’s been thought of already.
    On the plus side, Open Season enjoys a clear narrative, real rooting interest and good interspecies rapport. On the downside, there’s a surfeit of cruel bunny-rabbit gags.