8.2

Aug 20, 2001
    Antonio Banderas and Angelina Jolie make a great onscreen couple.. HOT!!!
  2. DaneH.
    Aug 29, 2001
    Excellent! Well thought-out plot and brilliantly acted.
  3. Ashley
    Oct 20, 2003
    I cried. Beautifuly acted and a story that will tear at your soul.
  4. G_MAN
    Feb 9, 2005
    The movie is not intended to be subtle. It is sweaty, candle-lit melodrama, joyously trashy, and its photography wallows in sumptuous decadence.
  5. sophia
    Jun 9, 2006
    beautiful and I think, emotionally captivating.
  6. CYT.
    Sep 24, 2002
    It is more than mellowdrama . Its about the power that love has on the human soul, how you can love someone so much that you would forgive them for all their faults and still love them until the day you die.
  7. ALaineG.
    Feb 28, 2005
    really nice movie! angelina jolie is very beautiful!
  8. G.R.
    Apr 11, 2007
    This is a great movie from beginning to end. At any time I did not know what would happen in the next scene. It is welll written, well directed, well acted, and the choice of actors was great. I am surprised there are many negative reviews. It seems to be a movie that either you love it or you hate it. Even the citics are in the two extremes. If you like Angelina Jolie and Antonio This is a great movie from beginning to end. At any time I did not know what would happen in the next scene. It is welll written, well directed, well acted, and the choice of actors was great. I am surprised there are many negative reviews. It seems to be a movie that either you love it or you hate it. Even the citics are in the two extremes. If you like Angelina Jolie and Antonio Banderas you will like this movie. Also, don't see the trailer before you watch the movie. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Jay Carr
    Despite the heavy-handedness, isn't awful enough to be a hilarious howler. But neither is it good enough to become the tropical noir it could have been.
    Everything in this film is forgettable, right down to bongos pounding on the soundtrack to indicate a quickening of the pulse.
  3. Reviewed by: Staff (Not Credited)
    Retained my interest and sympathy -- at least until the nonsensical ending,