Ouija

8.0

1. May 18, 2015
    Outing has atmospheric scares in every jump scene. The movie is low on gore because it is PG-13 but the movie didn't have to be rated R and gory to achieve its thrills. The acting isn't oscar worthy but that is because the movie features young actors who serve their purpose. The actors haven't starred in many movies but a thriller such as this doesn't require world renowned actors. ThereOuting has atmospheric scares in every jump scene. The movie is low on gore because it is PG-13 but the movie didn't have to be rated R and gory to achieve its thrills. The acting isn't oscar worthy but that is because the movie features young actors who serve their purpose. The actors haven't starred in many movies but a thriller such as this doesn't require world renowned actors. There are enough jump scenes in this movie if you are into that in a horror movie. I thought I would enjoy this thriller and I did. I expected it to be creepier and more psychological than it is. The trailer lead me to believe that the movie would be creepier and gorier. I was disappointed overall with the movie but it is still worth a viewing. Ouija sends creepy vibes to the viewer and there are some neat tricks that the director used in the movie. The characters are lead astray and once they are tricked this leads to their demise. A decent thriller with some drawbacks but no flaws that impair the enjoyment of the movie. Expand
  2. Nov 6, 2014
    Now I'm not the biggest fan of scary movies but I rather enjoyed this film. There was not a lot of gore, it was mainly things popping out of no where scares which I enjoyed. This film is better then the critics say.
  3. Feb 1, 2015
    The acting is not that bad and the movie had great ideas but he just falls in the clichés.The characters are all stereotypical and the movie is basic.But,somehow,the movie kept me entertain.
  4. Dec 11, 2014
    I have to admit I didn't see the twist coming, but everything else about the plot is unsurprising and predictable. It's not really a get-under-your-skin, make-you-afraid-of-the-dark kind of scary movie, relying more on jump/surprise scares than overall creepiness and scariness. Acting was okay. I don't recommend this.
  5. Nov 8, 2014
    Terrifying, but terrible, Ouija is just another typical horror movie, with an unoriginal topic and phony acting, although it did hit it big in the box office..
  6. Oct 24, 2014
    I wouldn't call this the worst horror movie I've ever seen, but it's one of the worst of the year. There are countless jump scares, none of which were original or effective, and there was no suspense. The plot was also pretty predictable. The final act especially seemed very rushed and convoluted. This is the kind of movie that should only be watched at slumber parties.
  7. Nov 11, 2014
    This is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. The actors were terrible, and the dialogue was worse. It was as if a bunch of high school children were given a large budget to produce a horror movie. It was completely amateur. There were no scares, the production value was horrendous, and the plot twist could be seen from outer space. I just hope everyone involved with this project isThis is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. The actors were terrible, and the dialogue was worse. It was as if a bunch of high school children were given a large budget to produce a horror movie. It was completely amateur. There were no scares, the production value was horrendous, and the plot twist could be seen from outer space. I just hope everyone involved with this project is able to recover and continue having careers. Expand
  8. Nov 6, 2014
    This was a terrible horror movie. It was predictable, boring, and cliche filled. There were little to no scares and the acting was pretty bad and the movie was just unoriginal.
  9. Mar 10, 2015
    This is a joke right?, we just had a good horror movie called The Babadook, and now we got this mind finger of a movie.

The story is about a group of friends must face their deepest fears when one of them discovers an Ouija board in their house and uses it to awaken a dark power. I really don't want to talk about this movie. What's the point, I can just sum it up right now. "Ouija is

I really don't want to talk about this movie. What's the point, I can just sum it up right now. "Ouija is a movie that doesn't try anything new and it is the worse horror film of this year and it's even worse than that other crappy horror movie called Annabelle". But since I am a reviewer of movies, TV shows and games. It looks like I have to talk about it.

The good things in this movie: Nothing good at all.

Now for the bad things in this movie: Is this movie scary? no it is not, because this movie has nothing new and nothing to stand out, it just ends up being a water down horror film that doesn't take any risk. The acting in this movie was so bland and so dreadful, I see nursery kids act better then the people in this movie. The character's in this movie are so stupid and really uninteresting, and in every bad horror film there just to get killed off or fill out the screen time with their awful acting. The script, the directing and the way the movie is shot is so poorly done that I could have directed this movie better and more interesting.

Overall Ouija is a water down horror film that only tries to scare you but the movie has I said before has nothing to live up to and that's way it fails hard.
  10. Nov 8, 2014
    It is absolutely ridiculous and light. Despite, Ouija is an entertaining B movie, that you can stream online, with your friends on a Friday night, where you can also connect it to your TV and watch it with popcorn shuffled in your face.
  11. Nov 23, 2014
    From the writers Stiles White & Juilet Snowden writers of ' The Posession' and Boogeyman you think it maybe a good horror movie but i stand corrected it is. Even though it is confusing and it has some good scares and accidental scares by the characters friends which is the main problem about this movie also the characters and their idiotic choices between playing with Ouija board. In 2012From the writers Stiles White & Juilet Snowden writers of ' The Posession' and Boogeyman you think it maybe a good horror movie but i stand corrected it is. Even though it is confusing and it has some good scares and accidental scares by the characters friends which is the main problem about this movie also the characters and their idiotic choices between playing with Ouija board. In 2012 White and Snowden wrote The Posession which was a mixed attention from critics despite that fact that they did NOT control the rains to make a horror movie Posession was not scary in Ouija they controlled it elements of scares Ouija tries and tries to be the bigger thrills to bet the scary movies to come out in the past like Insidious.
    White directed this horror project he did not make a formula of a perfect movie but he made a good script. Also acclaimed producer of (Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake , The Unborn , Amityville horror remake, Nightmare on Elm Street remake), Micheal Bay did not ruin this horror movie he didn't do anything at all but thanks to him this Ouija movie is getting negative reviews from critics.
  12. Nov 1, 2014
    This movie was one of the best movies of the year. Good old fashioned scares, suspense, and thrills. One has to wonder if the critics even saw the movie with the scores they gave. I was connected to the actors and to the point that in the first 15 minutes one of the actors was killed and it brought a tear to my eyes. You dont see or feel that way about most movies these days. Great JobThis movie was one of the best movies of the year. Good old fashioned scares, suspense, and thrills. One has to wonder if the critics even saw the movie with the scores they gave. I was connected to the actors and to the point that in the first 15 minutes one of the actors was killed and it brought a tear to my eyes. You dont see or feel that way about most movies these days. Great Job well performed and acted. Its a must see movie that fits the time of year. But can be watched anytime. Expand
  13. May 14, 2015
    Made from the ground up to take the money of the teenage date crowd. Every horror movie cliché is present. The locations, the deaths, and the jump scares all give it a "been there, done that" vibe. It's not scary in the slightest. Every now and then a movie like this will at least be mindlessly entertaining, but that isn't the case here. You've seen all this movie has to offer before andMade from the ground up to take the money of the teenage date crowd. Every horror movie cliché is present. The locations, the deaths, and the jump scares all give it a "been there, done that" vibe. It's not scary in the slightest. Every now and then a movie like this will at least be mindlessly entertaining, but that isn't the case here. You've seen all this movie has to offer before and it was way better then. This is definitely for the young and the dumb.

I'm amazed at this movies ability to make the jump scare tactic even less effective. You know when, where, and how it's going to happen. You won't flinch in the slightest. There's no tension and thee is darn sure no fear. The ghosts look so unoriginal it's painful. This might be the least scary horror movie I have ever seen.

The plot and acting are just as bad. Tension build up is nowhere to be found and everything plays out exactly how you would expect it to. It's painful watching these "actors" try to look sad and depressed at the death of one of their friends. It doesn't even use the Ouija board to good effect. It's just your generic haunted house crap.

The only value it could have had was if you were a teen on a first date. Young, hormonal teens are the only ones who could have derived any enjoyment from this and that would only be from what came after the movie. However that only applies to when it was still in theatres. So what would be the point of watching it now? Maybe you want to try and scare your friends at a slumber party? All this would do is put everyone to sleep and ensure they never come back to your house for another one. Just avoid this crap. With no scares and entertainment value at all it isn't worth anyone's time.

I give "Ouija" a 2.2/10.
  14. Nov 9, 2014
    Its good movie with a good script. Thumbs up for all the young actors. You did an amazing job guys. All the scenes was captured perfectly. I'd love to watch it again and again :)
  15. Apr 8, 2015
    "Ouija" 10 Scale Rating: 3.5 (Terrible) ...

The Good: The antagonist of the film had a couple of decent moments. Olivia Cooke was solid, despite having very little to work with. The Bad: As with most modern horror films, it was more "jumpy" than scary. On top of that, it relies on the same cliches that litter every other horror film for the last decade and brings nothing new to the
    "Ouija" 10 Scale Rating: 3.5 (Terrible) ...

The Bad: As with most modern horror films, it was more "jumpy" than scary. On top of that, it relies on the same cliches that litter every other horror film for the last decade and brings nothing new to the genre whatsoever. Now, I don't expect award-winning performances or complex characterization in a horror flick, but I do expect an attempt at mediocrity (or better, if I can get it) ... there was none of that in this film. A great story and script can overcome some very poor performances, but that was also missing. A half-hearted attempt all around.
  16. May 18, 2015
    I've wasted a few bucks to see Ouija or whatever the hell this thing really is. What's next Jem and the Holograms? Something tells me in my stomach that this movie has Michael Bay all over it. And it was (not as a director). I watched the movie and I fell asleep because the movie isn't that even scary at all. The casts was just playing a board game and then some strange monsters coming toI've wasted a few bucks to see Ouija or whatever the hell this thing really is. What's next Jem and the Holograms? Something tells me in my stomach that this movie has Michael Bay all over it. And it was (not as a director). I watched the movie and I fell asleep because the movie isn't that even scary at all. The casts was just playing a board game and then some strange monsters coming to haunt them. This is stupid. The dialogue, the acting, it's terrible. Does anyone remembers Witchboard from the 80's? I haven't seen that s**t in years. People should buy this movie out, awesome horror movie. As for Ouija? A poor excuse of yet another half-assed Hasbro movie based on the board game we truly remember. Expand
  17. Feb 3, 2015
    The film is fairly well made with some decent scary moments, problem you've seen it all before and at a better level. The characters you don't care about at all, frankly by the end of the film the characters don't even care about their friends dieing. I like Olivia Cooke in Bates Motel and she's fine here for what she has to do. Also if you think about the final twist it really doesn'tThe film is fairly well made with some decent scary moments, problem you've seen it all before and at a better level. The characters you don't care about at all, frankly by the end of the film the characters don't even care about their friends dieing. I like Olivia Cooke in Bates Motel and she's fine here for what she has to do. Also if you think about the final twist it really doesn't work. This film is a poor man's Insidious or Conjuring. C- Expand
  18. Feb 27, 2015
    Otra película de terror que ofrece mas de lo mismo, cargada con un guion con huecos argumentales y demasiados errores, actuaciones medias y screamers baratos. No gastes tu tiempo y dinero en esto
  19. Nov 22, 2015
    The definition of what is wrong with horror films these days. What a terrible film! So cheap, so cheesy and unoriginal. This movie is only jumpscares and loud sounds, thats not scary its just a loud thing popping up! It's like they didn't even try, this film is a just a pure hollywood cash grab for dumb kids who don't know a thing about movies and only wan't to jump a couple of times. IThe definition of what is wrong with horror films these days. What a terrible film! So cheap, so cheesy and unoriginal. This movie is only jumpscares and loud sounds, thats not scary its just a loud thing popping up! It's like they didn't even try, this film is a just a pure hollywood cash grab for dumb kids who don't know a thing about movies and only wan't to jump a couple of times. I don't usually rant about movies, but this is just an obvious case of Hollywood robbing people. Expand
  20. Jun 5, 2015
    A horror movie with no scares, no suspense, no thrills, no intrigue, terrible writing, terrible acting, and to top it off, none of it even make sense. I thought Annabelle was the worst horror film of 2014 but Ouija may overtake that title.
  21. Sep 6, 2015
    If not the worst horror movie I've ever seen,it's probably in the top twenty for the worst movies I've EVER seen. Bland, boring, and uninteresting, this movie is riddled with poor performances and non-scary, cliche jumpscares.
  22. Oct 26, 2015
    One of the laziest horror films I have ever seen. Not only is the premise cliche the film feels like one massive cliche after another until you get to the predicable cliche horror ending. Not a single part of this film felt original it was a bunch of **** I have seen before just done worse.
  23. Sep 3, 2015
    first of all the script had a big hole in it the old lady asked the girl if they play in a graveyard in the girl nodded her head yes when there is NO graveyard scene whatsoever in this movie the only rule they broke was not saying goodbye when they were done playing. this movie is full of Cheap jump scares and is not really tension building for the dumpster happens it's like watching thefirst of all the script had a big hole in it the old lady asked the girl if they play in a graveyard in the girl nodded her head yes when there is NO graveyard scene whatsoever in this movie the only rule they broke was not saying goodbye when they were done playing. this movie is full of Cheap jump scares and is not really tension building for the dumpster happens it's like watching the remake of a nightmare don't see all over again that this one has a dead girl pumped with evil spirits. after the first séance scene the movie falls the part. Expand
  24. Apr 11, 2015
    Ouija, si bien no es la película de terror del año, al fin y al cabo resulta interesante y de cierta forma un tanto atrayente.

Esta película, si bien tiene una diferencia que podría bajar levemente o fuertemente su atractivo (debido a que esta tiene clasificación PG-13 y la mayoría de las películas de terror tienen clasificación R), al final logra abarcar bien en su trama las complejidades de este juego de espíritus y acaba terminando como un film interesante y entretenido.
  25. Dec 29, 2015
    It was another typical teenage horror movie. Same old formula but it was decent even though it was mediocre.

Watch it online for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-2753466-Ouija-online-free
  26. Jan 3, 2016
    Ouija is arguably my favourite movie of all time, rivalled only by Battle: Los Angeles and the Shrek trilogy. For what Ouija lacks in originality, it makes up for with a flawless plot line and endless jump scares that had me clutching my friends throughout the entirety of this showpiece. Some of the best acting i've ever seen, particularly the protagonist Luigi whose acting left meOuija is arguably my favourite movie of all time, rivalled only by Battle: Los Angeles and the Shrek trilogy. For what Ouija lacks in originality, it makes up for with a flawless plot line and endless jump scares that had me clutching my friends throughout the entirety of this showpiece. Some of the best acting i've ever seen, particularly the protagonist Luigi whose acting left me anxious, terrified and curious to watch more - the emotions I simply can't explain. Many people critique the quality of acting in Ouija - it's clear that these people are ignorant, unable to grasp the complexity and skill required to perform such parts as Debbie whose entire group of best friends are slowly killed by Luigi

Ouija isn't just a movie, it's an experience. I have no choice but to give this film a 10/10. The next time you're looking for a movie to watch, why not Ouija? You're missing out if you don't

"Good Bye!"

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Oct 29, 2014
    Hasbro’s long-lasting occult board game gets its own starring role in a film that makes those other recent Hasbro plaything adaptations – namely "Transformers" and "G.I. Joe" – look like triumphs of subtly engineered cinematic magic.
  2. Reviewed by: Simon Abrams
    Oct 28, 2014
    First-time director Stiles White's effective use of long takes and director of photography David Emmerichs's wide-angle digital cinematography make an otherwise generic teen ghost story unexpectedly atmospheric.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew Frisicano
    Oct 24, 2014
    It says a lot that the grossest moment involves a character flossing—no gag, just flossing. Likewise, the candy stuck in your teeth will be the only thing that lingers after the credits roll.