Our Idiot Brother

6.4

1. Mar 24, 2012
    so much potential to be funny! But the movie misses its mark. Plays out more like a drama then a comedy.
    watch it, if there nothing else on! Dont expect big laughs or get drawning into the situation
  2. Mar 24, 2012
    Our Idiot Brother has some minor funny moments but hey almost every film does. in a movie with some fine actors you would think it would be more interesting, sorry to say it didn't meet expectations.
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    This movie just promised a lot, and not even the wonderful cast could save it. The story was weak: Ned, the main character does not change, evolve or learn anything of value. Paul Rudd plays it cool but he is no Duderino. He is presented as this hipster messiah come to save us from our vain lives and teach us humility by doing... nothing. The sad truth is that hippies are as prompt to beThis movie just promised a lot, and not even the wonderful cast could save it. The story was weak: Ned, the main character does not change, evolve or learn anything of value. Paul Rudd plays it cool but he is no Duderino. He is presented as this hipster messiah come to save us from our vain lives and teach us humility by doing... nothing. The sad truth is that hippies are as prompt to be shallow, egotistical liers as anyone else from this planet. Being lazy and aimless does not make you an honest, kind or caring person. The joke is lost because the film never manages to laugh at itself and is not nearly as illuminating as it pretends to be. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Sep 1, 2011
    Ultimately a shambling tale told with genial grace but little substance. It provides a pleasant buzz while it unfolds but vanishes quickly in a puff of smoke.
  2. Reviewed by: Rick Groen
    Aug 28, 2011
    The ensemble is unwieldy and the attendant yarn much too cluttered.
  3. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    Aug 26, 2011
    Watching Rudd bring dimension to what could have been a clownish caricature is the best reason to see this good-natured family comedy.