Breaking Glass Pictures | Release Date: September 27, 2013
8.5
Universal acclaim based on 13 Ratings
Watch Now
lasttimeisawDec 2, 2014
A formidably engaging queer output from Israel, my second entry into this particular scenario after Haim Tabakman’s EYES WIDE OPEN (2009, 6/10). OUT IN THE DARK is director Michael Mayer’s debut feature, and he co-writes the script of anA formidably engaging queer output from Israel, my second entry into this particular scenario after Haim Tabakman’s EYES WIDE OPEN (2009, 6/10). OUT IN THE DARK is director Michael Mayer’s debut feature, and he co-writes the script of an arresting drama wrestles with coming-out, domestic conflict, political witch-hunt, social discrimination against homosexuality with appalling atrocity. It touches on many thorny and grim issues of the facts-of-life in the middle east (perceptively chooses Palestine and Israel, the two adjacent foes, for their utter incompatibility in politics and religions, whereas love can conquer these all), tellingly and touchingly eulogises an ode to the true love’s indestructible strength albeit a gloomy future is probably anticipating for the star-crossed lovers Nimr (Jacob), a Palestinian student and Roy (Aloni), a young lawyer from Israel.

continue reading my review on my blog, google: cinema omnivore, thanks