7.3

1. Jan 22, 2014
    It has been a while since I've seen a movie that pissed me off. The one out of ten is for one scene. Other than that, this is the worst Christian Bale movie to date. Yes even worse than "Reign of Fire". I'm going to do all the readers a favor, DO NOT PAY TO WATCH THIS MOVIE.
  2. Dec 19, 2013
    Arguably one of the most boring movies of 2013, Out of the Furnace suffers from a laid back, I don't care tone that gives us nothing to care about all the way to the end. By the midway point, the movie becomes exhausting and extremely predictable.
  3. Feb 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Rout Rof Ra Rurnace. Sounding effectively like actors had wadded paper in the sides of their mouths. Creating inaudible sound FX, to sound ratios, when masculinely trying to Scobbie speak. Although after constantly turning the volume, I discovered Jersey was Kentucky. Not that it matters much. I gave up when excon el'vigilante is deputised swafficer. The deer pointlessly not hunting when out hunting, but then your friend goes ahead and kills it. The savagery that followed, skinning the carcass. Ending with run forest run needlessly, he is out a hunting now, but no heart shot.. Many other details had so many questions. Braddock has one sheriff in regular uniform. Among many others it was quite dry throughout despite of the star studded cast. Expand
  4. Dec 19, 2013
    this film was not very good. i like the actors and respect their abilities but this film left me wanting. The director was going for art house dramatic but ended up with long and drawn out. i'm my mind you cant draw out a movie that blunt because the fact is, its blunt and to the point.
  5. Jul 29, 2014
    If you can't fall asleep that's the movie you need to see! Contrary to the name "Out Of Furnace" where one would expect 100% adrenaline action, this movie is just the contrary! Sooooo boring...

1. Reviewed by: Emma Dibdin
    Jan 29, 2014
    Christian Bale’s earnest, emotional turn sustains a thriller that throws a few mean jabs but staggers towards a punch-drunk resolution.
  2. Reviewed by: Cath Clarke
    Jan 28, 2014
    Bale is as good as it gets, Harrelson shows us why he is Hollywood’s favourite psycho and Willem Dafoe is terrific as a sleazy drug dealer. The rest of the film is without a bat squeak of authenticity.
  3. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    Jan 27, 2014
    A quality production, with awards-bid performances from Bale and Affleck to prove it... but, as signalled by the curiously unmemorable title, it flounders while trying to come up with a story to embody the things it wants to say about the sorry state of modern America. Worth seeing, but a near-miss.