Out of Time

7.3

1. JohnD.
    Jan 16, 2004
    Great setting. Denzel is excellent, a couple of problems with the plot but certainly worth a see. Eva Mendes is gorgeous!
  2. TracyW.
    Oct 24, 2003
    I really enjoyed watching this movie, especially Denzel. I would go to see him in any movie. It wasn't the best movie he has ever done but it was good and he was believable even though the other actors/actresses were not. The casting director should have casted a better actress than Eva Mendes. She is beautiful to look at, but that's about it.
  3. JackV.
    Oct 5, 2003
    Great film. Very deep plot.
  4. ChadS.
    Oct 6, 2003
    "Out of Time" is the most satisfying (non-animated)mainstream film since "The Italian Job". Even though the "give-it-all-away" trailer, seemingly, makes patronage redundant, the initial double-cross would've come as no surprise, anyway. Give director Carl Franklin credit. He knows something about genre. The set-up is elaborate to make us believe that the police chief would play the "Out of Time" is the most satisfying (non-animated)mainstream film since "The Italian Job". Even though the "give-it-all-away" trailer, seemingly, makes patronage redundant, the initial double-cross would've come as no surprise, anyway. Give director Carl Franklin credit. He knows something about genre. The set-up is elaborate to make us believe that the police chief would play the fool. There's real suspense in watching Washington cover his tracks. Mendes isn't Mia Farrow-dumb(see "Rosemary's Baby"), but she should've caught on a lot sooner to her husband's guilt. In the final act, we know what's coming, but Franklin, aided by an effective Sanaa Lathan, and TV-nice guy Dean Cain(who fares better than TV-nice guy Billy Campbell in "Enough"), gives us pause, even though we know another twist is inevitable. "Out of Time" delivers. Expand
  5. Luke
    Jan 24, 2004
    Eva Mendez is gorgeous! This movie actually surprised me. I thought it looked really cheesy from the commercials, but when I rented it I was pleasantly surprised. The acting was very good, and the movie has successfully cast a feel that Denzel really is out of time. I also loved the vibe created by the music. Did I mention that Eva Mendez looks amazing in this movie!?
  6. HaroldH.
    Jan 8, 2004
    A poor vehicle for Denzel. Not one of his best -- by far. Very slow and plot is unbelievable. Beautiful women cast in two primary parts. Overall: slow and poor for Denzel's standards.
  7. GarethY.
    Apr 1, 2005
    Very good action movie. I really enjoyed it.
  8. SaerA.
    May 30, 2004
    Out Of Time is a smart thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
  9. AMovieCritic
    Jan 21, 2005
    A very cool thriller. Very funny, often very entertaining, and very tense. This is my favorite Denzel Washington movie, (Although I haven't seen too many of them,) I can say that unlike Man on Fire and Manchurian Candidate, this one doesn't take itself so seriously, and it ends up being fun. The tropical setting is fairly cool, too. However, the movie has 1 huge flaw; a VERY A very cool thriller. Very funny, often very entertaining, and very tense. This is my favorite Denzel Washington movie, (Although I haven't seen too many of them,) I can say that unlike Man on Fire and Manchurian Candidate, this one doesn't take itself so seriously, and it ends up being fun. The tropical setting is fairly cool, too. However, the movie has 1 huge flaw; a VERY slow buildup. The first half hour of this 1 hour, 54 minute-long movie is nothing but setting up relationships, etc. etc. I realize that this half hour was necessary, BUT I think that a scene or two could have been cut from it to make this necessary build up go a little quicker. For example, we have 2 love scenes between Matt and Ann. Did we really need more than one? Anyway, aside from the neccessary, (although maybe 1 or 2 scenes too long,) slow opening half hour, this movie was a thrilling, funny, and really cool movie. Definately recommended. Expand
  10. JohnM.
    Feb 13, 2005
    Good action, lots of suspense, roles played well. Overall, a very good and entertaining movie.
  11. OshayneG.
    May 22, 2006
    Well I guess its a perfect movie for me, it has no flaws, I enjoyed it to the core, well done directos, actors, producers, screenwriters and all the indiviuals involved in the making of the movie.
  12. Apr 18, 2016
    Out of Time may deliver headaches to users, but you got to admit, something's pretty suspicious is going on with this movie and only you can guess what's going on.

1. Cross "Body Heat" with "No Way Out" and you wind up with Out of Time, a slick crime melodrama with more style than substance.
  2. A crime thriller that is strong on sultry atmosphere--you practically break into a sweat watching it--but weak on believability.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A tasty if wildly far-fetched thriller, Out of Time proves far stronger in its characterizations than in developing genuine suspense.