Over the Hedge

8.3

1. Oct 23, 2011
    The film sometimes jumps "Over the Hedge" in terms of story or comedy, but nevertheless at least its linear and simple to understand.
  2. Jun 3, 2013
    Funny, adorable characters that bring a smile to any demographic (if you have a heart of course!).

Poorly drafted plot and sloppy editing, unfortunately, underscored too much of the film. A shame.
  3. Jul 12, 2013
    "Over the Hedge" is nothing tremendous, but isn't horrendous in any way. With its humor thriving to appeal to families, it is pretty fun to watch. The situation isn't too original, but is still enjoyable to watch. It's clean with no risks, but will be a good way to spend an hour and a half at the movies.
  4. Dec 14, 2013
    The film is bogged down but some clichés, pop songs, being a little mean spirited at times, and some not so funny characters. Shame that the studio that brought us Shrek can’t create something on that level again. Thankfully though the film is not all bad. Some of the characters get some laughs and the heist feeling of the movie is cool. Unlike Madagascar the film isn’t too bogged down inThe film is bogged down but some clichés, pop songs, being a little mean spirited at times, and some not so funny characters. Shame that the studio that brought us Shrek can’t create something on that level again. Thankfully though the film is not all bad. Some of the characters get some laughs and the heist feeling of the movie is cool. Unlike Madagascar the film isn’t too bogged down in arguing and does have some more fun and creativity particularly towards the end. This film is not for everyone and a lot of the issues mentioned here are going to bother some people. While these issues do bother me and hurt the film I still had fun with it particualry in the last third and am glad I saw it. If you are familiar with Dreamworks style you can figure out quickly if this is your movie. For me it wasn’t good but it was still enjoyable Expand
  5. Apr 19, 2014
    This is not one of the best animation movie for sure.I understand that the movie is for the kids and i'm not one but it wasn't funny and the characters are stupid.I give 5 because the movie is realistic for graphics.
  6. Apr 22, 2015
    over the hedge kind of sucked it's not bad but not good at all. most of the charters were blind there where a few good jokes but there really is nothing new here.

1. Though the animation is solid and the writing reasonably clever, Over the Hedge is clearly more about packaging than freshness or substance.
    It's very funny, and the little woodland critters that make up the cast are a kiddie-pleasing bunch.
    Aside from having some great animation, the writing is funny and clever.