7.9

1. Oct 18, 2010
    I didn't know there was a comic strip about it before this was made. I didn't even read it. anyway, this movie is way beyond good. its great. the animation kicks ***, the characters were well-done, and the songs were great. Over The Hedge is just the right CGI movie for people all around the world.
  2. Aug 31, 2011
    This film is aimed at younger children so this is a review from my little brother. He loved it! The story was awesome and there are many laughs in it. Even though I am a lot older, I too loved this film and it is one of the best animated films we have ever seen
  3. Jan 29, 2012
    Over the Hedge is funny, original, visually dazzling and heartwarming. Just the film isn't as well executed as many would hope it too be. But anyways the film is great and I give it a solid 86%.
  4. Mar 9, 2014
    Over The Hedge is an original, mature kids movie that relies less on potty humor and has more grown-up jokes. The movie isn't explicit, just sophisticated. A talented cast including Bruce Willis and Steve Carrell make this a very good movie, even for adults.

1. Though the animation is solid and the writing reasonably clever, Over the Hedge is clearly more about packaging than freshness or substance.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    It's very funny, and the little woodland critters that make up the cast are a kiddie-pleasing bunch.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Ferraro
    Aside from having some great animation, the writing is funny and clever.