7.9

1. Jul 24, 2014
    The ensemble voice cast give it their all in this animal-brained roller coaster. It can be funny at times, though it lacks the depth of Pixar movies. But it's a witty satire on suburbia from an unlikely point-of-view that's an entertaining joyride all throughout the eighty-three minutes. On one last note, however, it has some pretty stupid moments too. But I can overlook that for the overall experience of the movie. Expand
  2. Apr 19, 2014
    This is not one of the best animation movie for sure.I understand that the movie is for the kids and i'm not one but it wasn't funny and the characters are stupid.I give 5 because the movie is realistic for graphics.
  3. Mar 9, 2014
    Over The Hedge is an original, mature kids movie that relies less on potty humor and has more grown-up jokes. The movie isn't explicit, just sophisticated. A talented cast including Bruce Willis and Steve Carrell make this a very good movie, even for adults.
  4. Dec 14, 2013
    The film is bogged down but some clichés, pop songs, being a little mean spirited at times, and some not so funny characters. Shame that the studio that brought us Shrek can’t create something on that level again. Thankfully though the film is not all bad. Some of the characters get some laughs and the heist feeling of the movie is cool. Unlike Madagascar the film isn’t too bogged down in arguing and does have some more fun and creativity particularly towards the end. This film is not for everyone and a lot of the issues mentioned here are going to bother some people. While these issues do bother me and hurt the film I still had fun with it particualry in the last third and am glad I saw it. If you are familiar with Dreamworks style you can figure out quickly if this is your movie. For me it wasn’t good but it was still enjoyable Expand
  5. Nov 13, 2013
    Over the Hedge doesn't beat around the bush.
    There is little about this movie that can be qualified as bad, although very little that can be said is great. A very good collection of very likeable characters, and a few good laughs above all make this movie very enjoyable.
  6. Jul 12, 2013
    "Over the Hedge" is nothing tremendous, but isn't horrendous in any way. With its humor thriving to appeal to families, it is pretty fun to watch. The situation isn't too original, but is still enjoyable to watch. It's clean with no risks, but will be a good way to spend an hour and a half at the movies.
  7. Jun 3, 2013
    Funny, adorable characters that bring a smile to any demographic (if you have a heart of course!).

Poorly drafted plot and sloppy editing, unfortunately, underscored too much of the film. A shame.
  8. Mar 30, 2013
    I didn't expect much when I was going to see it, but I saw it, and it was brilliant! It was really good with great animation, humor and plot. It was great but just one thing: does opening a packet of crisps mean nuclear, NO. And as for Allison Janney: here you go (puts up middle finger). And that is that.
  9. Mar 27, 2013
    An all-star cast of forest animals who get into trouble when they start looting through the nearby city for food. Bruce Willis does perfect as RJ, Steve Carell made the film even better when playing Hammy.
  10. Feb 17, 2013
    Not a bad movie. While it is nowhere near as good as it could have been, it still is a really nice family film. The plot is obvious, the story is a bit cliched and the overall tone a little bland. But, it has some really good visuals, the characters are really well done and lovingly brought to life by the voice actors. I was really surprised that even Avril Lavigne did an OK job (by comparison to others like her that is extremely high praise. Steve Carell perhaps steals the show and adds some of the best laughs in the movie. Overall: While it will never be considered a classic, it still is a fun film worth a watch if you haven't seen it. Expand
  11. May 25, 2012
    Not the best animated film, but a solid one though. The graphics are great. The plot is good though I find it ordinary and boring for adults, but it is definitely great for kids. I would definitely recommend this film for kids........
  12. Jan 29, 2012
    Over the Hedge is funny, original, visually dazzling and heartwarming. Just the film isn't as well executed as many would hope it too be. But anyways the film is great and I give it a solid 86%.
  13. Oct 23, 2011
    The film sometimes jumps "Over the Hedge" in terms of story or comedy, but nevertheless at least its linear and simple to understand.
  14. Aug 31, 2011
    This film is aimed at younger children so this is a review from my little brother. He loved it! The story was awesome and there are many laughs in it. Even though I am a lot older, I too loved this film and it is one of the best animated films we have ever seen
  15. CRL
    Aug 26, 2011
    Terrific family comedy with excellent voice acting, hilarious characters, and a friendly poke about the environment. This is a movie that anyone of any age can enjoy.
  16. Oct 18, 2010
    I didn't know there was a comic strip about it before this was made. I didn't even read it. anyway, this movie is way beyond good. its great. the animation kicks ***, the characters were well-done, and the songs were great. Over The Hedge is just the right CGI movie for people all around the world.

1. Though the animation is solid and the writing reasonably clever, Over the Hedge is clearly more about packaging than freshness or substance.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    It's very funny, and the little woodland critters that make up the cast are a kiddie-pleasing bunch.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Ferraro
    Aside from having some great animation, the writing is funny and clever.