P2

3.1

1. BrandonE.
    Apr 11, 2008
    P2 actually wasn't as bad as people are giving it credit. It was very suspenseful and caused me to jump a few times. Although some parts were predictable, not all of it was. It could have been better with a more realistic dog attack and a better ending.
  2. JamieM
    Nov 12, 2007
    Very effective with great direction and suspense. Everything was very well thought out. Despite being a stalker movie there were some really novel twists and a deeper psychology to this film. I would watch it again.
  3. CraigA.
    Nov 24, 2007
    If you can't enjoy a great thriller like this, I feel sorry for you. Both this movie, and Hostel 2 have been compared to Saw movies and called inferior to them by so called professional critics! Critics suck so bad! A bit of gore and people crap themselves.
  4. CharliS.
    Nov 9, 2007
    I love this movie- it's like my dream come true. All those times i've yelled at the screens of suspense movies because of victim stupidity.... repaid.
  5. FrasierM.
    Dec 6, 2007
    This movie was quite good. It's a real challenge to find a good horror movie anymore. There is either too much gore and/or too bad acting and/or not enough thrills and chills. This movie made me jump a few times, but the reason I didn't give it a full ten points is because of the ending. Happy endings are starting to get annoying, and plus like you wouldn't see a girl in a This movie was quite good. It's a real challenge to find a good horror movie anymore. There is either too much gore and/or too bad acting and/or not enough thrills and chills. This movie made me jump a few times, but the reason I didn't give it a full ten points is because of the ending. Happy endings are starting to get annoying, and plus like you wouldn't see a girl in a sleeveless blouse and not stop to ask her if something was wrong. But other than that, great movie. Good acting, good gore level (enough to keep you covering your eyes every now and then, but not enough to go to the bathroom to hurl), and good plot. I don't know about you, but I've never seen a movie where a woman is being stalked in a parking garage! Expand
  6. Nov 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All though P2 may stand to some to be formulaic or just another by-the-book slasher, it is in some small way the diamond in the rockpile.

We are facing the dark days of horror, almost everything coming out these days are following the grandfather of all horror; Halloween. If you take time to look back, it did in fact set the stage for all forthcoming horror films of its time. While genre does have the capability to progress and evolve, the genre of horror seemingly is set in the past. The last big move was Scream, it set the book for the 90's, then Texas Chainsaw set the books for remakes. Every so often, we get a film that is not a remake, they can be crap, or they can be great, what is this you ask?

Well, the film actually in some way shadows the plot of Misery, my favorite of all horror movies. It's a snowy winter night, late at night, an office busibee is leaving work just at the last minute. When she finds her car is dead, without signal, and the grid (P2) locked down, she is unwelcomely accompanied by Thomas, a man who is deeply in love with her.

So, yes, we have seen this before, but what the film does is it takes us out of the woods, out of the haunted houses or cabins, out of the suburbs, and places us in a parking structure, and we all know how creepy these places get at night; it's all dark, only few people around and cold as all hell. This film begs the question; what if the only man who can let you out doesn't want you to leave (a la Misery). So that sets up a good start.

As the film progresses, tensions begin rising and palms get clammy. Paul Bettany's portrayal of the tormented young man is truly acceptable and an underestimated credit to his career, it might be the cherry on the sundae for some, and it sure is for me. Rachel Nichols (his opposite) also serves the film well, in modern horror you have to wait forever for the main to put on the fighter face, but she comes prepared. But up against Bettany, she does a fine job, but he really steals the show.

I can't help but give the film a 10/10. It is a well crafted film, that was in my eyes underestimated.
  7. Apr 17, 2015
    P2 definitely surprised me. This one takes place on Christmas Eve and is about a woman named Angela who is trapped in a parking garage and stalked by an insane security guard. I was expecting a really low-budget-looking, tension-free "thriller", but this was actually very intense, creepy, and sometimes even disturbing. There were a couple of scenes that definitely made me uncomfortable andP2 definitely surprised me. This one takes place on Christmas Eve and is about a woman named Angela who is trapped in a parking garage and stalked by an insane security guard. I was expecting a really low-budget-looking, tension-free "thriller", but this was actually very intense, creepy, and sometimes even disturbing. There were a couple of scenes that definitely made me uncomfortable and a ton of places that were just plain unsettling and very memorable. Like most thrillers, the characters seem to be able to teleport and inexplicably close calls, but in this movie, they're very distracting. It also drags at points, especially in the beginning, but P2 is definitely worth a shot if you're looking for a fun thriller. It's on Netflix if you're interested. Expand

If it weren't for two excessively violent deaths, P2 could be termed a refreshingly old-fashioned thriller, one dependent on hairbreadth escapes and the pluck of its heroine.
  2. The lighting is appropriately dim, the music is reasonably clever, and they get in a few nice scares in the beginning. But as the movie wears on and Angela’s desperation grows, any glimmer of fun seeps away. And we’re left watching the same old grim game of cat and mouse.
    If in the end P2 contains few surprises, it's still a nice piece of polished escapism.