7.5

1. Jul 26, 2013
    Saw it in 2D and 3D, fun movie. That simple. If you wanted the next Shawshank Redemption (or other oscar-contender quality film) and you went to see this you don't have a functional brain. If you bothered to watch the trailers, you knew what to expect. Cheesy, scifi, fun.

9/10 I've see better, but not by much when it comes to Giant robots.
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    If you like movies, that is to say if you actually enjoy watching movies for what they are instead of pretend that all movies are supposed to provide you with some greater understanding of time/space/people/food/whatever then this movie really should not disappoint you. Personally, I love movies, I love to watch them, think about them, rewatch them, etc, but I know how to watch a givenIf you like movies, that is to say if you actually enjoy watching movies for what they are instead of pretend that all movies are supposed to provide you with some greater understanding of time/space/people/food/whatever then this movie really should not disappoint you. Personally, I love movies, I love to watch them, think about them, rewatch them, etc, but I know how to watch a given movie and take it for what it is. If you saw Del Toro's name attached to this and assumed it would be some sort of Pan's Labyrinth type movie then you clearly did not pay attention, if you assumed anything other than what the trailer told you then you were clearly not paying attention.

Giant robots fighting giant monsters.....That's it, nothing more needs to be said. It is not a character driven, make you think about life and the existence of yourself within the universe type movie. It is just great fun to watch. Anybody who has watched enough movies knows how this will play out but that still does not detract from actually watching it play out.

Anybody who has watched old Godzilla movies or even played King of the Monsters at some point in their life will appreciate this movie. Anybody who understands watching movies for sheer entertainment value will also likely appreciate this as it is visually pleasing, has many interesting ideas, and is pretty much an awesome homage to entire monster movie genre from a director who knows his way around a movie.
  3. ERB
    Jul 31, 2013
    Obviously better than transformers.
  4. Oct 1, 2013
    yes. just yes. in every way yes. this is every fan of action,sci fi and just pure awesomeness.the acting is pretty good its the action and back story that is the meat and bones of, what will hopefully spawn a long standing franchise.
  5. Jul 22, 2013
    This is, by far, one of the best movies of 2013. The fight scenes are epic and the story is well written. There's a lot to like from this movie if you enjoy giant robot action films.
  6. Aug 13, 2013
    This movie is ridiculously fun. The IMAX 3D version was also another bonus, because you really get to feel the enormity of the monsters and robots in the film. I

Bottom line: Don't go into this movie trying to criticize all the flaws of this movie...do this and you will not have fun. Instead, just go with the flow and immerse yourself into the story. It's some of the best action I've seen in a while and what's even better is that this is AN ORIGINAL STORY. How long has it been since we've had creative work produced? Support this movie, because it's success will encourage other studios to green-light more creative works as well.
  7. Aug 13, 2014
    When i have seen the trailer i was like its gonna be a Micheal bay movie clone. i was so wrong. This is one of the greatest movie i ever saw. I will put this as simple as possible its an attempt to release Japanese Mecha Style of animation series like Evangelion but with real actor. And they manage to do it. The music Are great the ambiance is there the special effect close toWhen i have seen the trailer i was like its gonna be a Micheal bay movie clone. i was so wrong. This is one of the greatest movie i ever saw. I will put this as simple as possible its an attempt to release Japanese Mecha Style of animation series like Evangelion but with real actor. And they manage to do it. The music Are great the ambiance is there the special effect close to perfection the rhythm of the movie is really great no boring part or almost. The Actors/actress Deliver really well. I could listen the movie 3 times in the same week and not get bored. A must see movie. It has is place in my collection with Aliens, Predator any science fiction fan must see this and its way better than transformers 2 and 3. Expand
  8. Aug 29, 2013
    Best movie of the summer, possibly the year. The gaphics in this movie are amazing. And the story line is great. And the battles very well done, they couldn't have been done better. They really are intense though. But I think this movie was very well balanced with the battle and the story. And it isn't like man of steel were their is a lot of crazy action for no reason. The action isBest movie of the summer, possibly the year. The gaphics in this movie are amazing. And the story line is great. And the battles very well done, they couldn't have been done better. They really are intense though. But I think this movie was very well balanced with the battle and the story. And it isn't like man of steel were their is a lot of crazy action for no reason. The action is backed up by the storyline very nicely. And I thought the casting was very good too. Quite a bit of people don't agree. But I loved all the characters. And I loved the storyline, And it was great acting to. Anyways. I would recommend seeing this movie HIGHLY while it is still in theaters. seeing it on the big screen is the best way to go. Expand
  9. Jul 21, 2013
    This movie just blew my expectations, Pacific Rim was damn good. The story was fine, because it doesn't have to be groundbreaking, the movie has action sequences to back it up. The fights were exciting and jaw dropping, because you can actually understand what the machines and monsters are doing, the kaiju could really bring up a fight. The acting was good, it wasn't bad and the mainThis movie just blew my expectations, Pacific Rim was damn good. The story was fine, because it doesn't have to be groundbreaking, the movie has action sequences to back it up. The fights were exciting and jaw dropping, because you can actually understand what the machines and monsters are doing, the kaiju could really bring up a fight. The acting was good, it wasn't bad and the main actor, he did a decent job. Their was also a chemistry between the two main pilots and I'm glad that their were scenes of development, for their relationship. For me Pacific Rim has the same rating with Star Trek Into Darkness, because the of these movies were so good and I'm going to give Pacific Rim a 10/10. Expand
  10. Jul 19, 2013
    I absolutely loved this movie. Many, unfortunately, will absolutely hate it. Those who love it will compare it to Star Wars, those who hated it will tell you it's nothing but boring monster punching robot kicking monster. The truth, I think, has elements of both. The elements of Star Wars that make fans love it are, by and large, laid on thick. What it's missing are well-done soapyI absolutely loved this movie. Many, unfortunately, will absolutely hate it. Those who love it will compare it to Star Wars, those who hated it will tell you it's nothing but boring monster punching robot kicking monster. The truth, I think, has elements of both. The elements of Star Wars that make fans love it are, by and large, laid on thick. What it's missing are well-done soapy elements that help Star Wars (and Battlestar Gallactica, etc...) more palatable to people who don't flat out love them. That's clearly hurting Pacific Rim at the box office, and should have been foreseen and remedied by a director with a deft hand. Expand
  11. Jul 19, 2013
    A very entertaining movie, good special effects, good performances, but the soundtrack did not taste much, and I think they missed action scenes with daylight.
  12. Jul 20, 2013
    I loved this movie! Lets be real though this movie was not made for its plot its robots fighting giant monsters!!! I was a big time manchild while watching this movie and I loved every second of its action scenes... The story line is definitely passable, despite some plot holes and spelling mistakes! Charlie Day is his usual hilarious self and despite my hatred of Ron Pearlman I was happyI loved this movie! Lets be real though this movie was not made for its plot its robots fighting giant monsters!!! I was a big time manchild while watching this movie and I loved every second of its action scenes... The story line is definitely passable, despite some plot holes and spelling mistakes! Charlie Day is his usual hilarious self and despite my hatred of Ron Pearlman I was happy with his part in the movie...

If you need a reason to see this movie look no further then its GIANT ROBOTS FIGHTING GIANT MONSTERS! COOL!
  13. Jul 20, 2013
    Another movie where world comes to the brink of total destruction, but unlike other flicks, this one really makes you feel the threat. Plus terrific background score, screenplay and special effects coupled with a sound story line (no unwanted stuff), this movie is bound to be a major success. Hope there is a sequel coming soon.
  14. Jul 26, 2013
    just awesome. its been a very long time i`ve not seen a movie that i would want to see twice. JUST INCREDIBLY AWESOME,,,,RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE!!!!~
  15. Jul 27, 2013
    If you didn't like this movie, then you just plain hate fun. Sure, the plot may be a little underdeveloped. Sure, the characters may almost be stock. But when you go to see a movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters and you don't like the giant robots or giant monsters part, or hell, even the FIGHTING part, then why did you even see it? You're better off watching The Notebook orIf you didn't like this movie, then you just plain hate fun. Sure, the plot may be a little underdeveloped. Sure, the characters may almost be stock. But when you go to see a movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters and you don't like the giant robots or giant monsters part, or hell, even the FIGHTING part, then why did you even see it? You're better off watching The Notebook or something, and you are not the kind of person I would want to be associated with. Expand
  16. Oct 27, 2013
    big robots vs giant monstrous aliens means a amazing action packed movie that is a great tribute to monster movies but also a great original worlds and story great job Del Toro great job
  17. Jul 30, 2013
    This year I haven't seen such a movie with so spectacular visual effects on an epic scale like "Pacific Rim". Director Guillermo del Toro has a wonderful imagination and he still knows how to amaze us. The battles between the Jaegers and Kaiju monsters are spectacular. An excellent complement to this movie is the score composed by Ramin Djawadi. "Pacific Rim" is definitely the best summerThis year I haven't seen such a movie with so spectacular visual effects on an epic scale like "Pacific Rim". Director Guillermo del Toro has a wonderful imagination and he still knows how to amaze us. The battles between the Jaegers and Kaiju monsters are spectacular. An excellent complement to this movie is the score composed by Ramin Djawadi. "Pacific Rim" is definitely the best summer blockbuster movie of the 2013! I wouldn't be surprised if it got Academy Awards in technical categories (Best Visual Effects, Best Sound, Best Sound Editing). Expand
  18. Aug 3, 2013
    Neon Genesis Evangelion IRL. Thats what you need to know.
    No, srsly it was very well written and delivered a compeling story from start to finish. The Score was fantastic, as the main theme developed over the course of the film, like in many other epic oriented movies.
    I disliked the WAY to cheese character of the black market leader. It almost ruined the realistic feeling of the movie.
    Neon Genesis Evangelion IRL. Thats what you need to know.
    Besides that, I recommend it to anyone looking for a good scifi/action movie, and definetly to mecha fans. (altough I am not)
    The Film deserves a 8.5 in my Eyes, but the really bad, baseless reviews, are just improper and the film does not deserve this.
  19. Aug 1, 2013
    Such a smart and spectacular movie. It gets you from the beginning to the end. It is everything you expected from a robots vs. monsters movie. It has also quite good 3D effects.
  20. Aug 1, 2013
    Pacific rim is amazing. The best movie of the year so far and if you can watch it then go see it. it has Great action is well filmed and has visually stunning fights which feel like big robots vs big monsters should. the story is surprisingly amazing as well so with the great fights great story and it being truly coherent it makes a near perfect movie.like all of the cast are good from arePacific rim is amazing. The best movie of the year so far and if you can watch it then go see it. it has Great action is well filmed and has visually stunning fights which feel like big robots vs big monsters should. the story is surprisingly amazing as well so with the great fights great story and it being truly coherent it makes a near perfect movie.like all of the cast are good from are male and female protagonist to the scientists and the story keeps you intrigued through the entire thing Expand
  21. Aug 1, 2013
    If this movie were a person.. It'd be the most interesting man and chuck norris fused into one great bunch.. It's worth seeing once just for the ride.. a second time for the special effects.. and a third time to show off to your friends.. Best movie of the summer for me besides the Hobbit.. Both are truly.. a Great Journey.
  22. Aug 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great movie that differs from everything else released this summer. The 3D effects in it are very well executed, and not the typical cliche "Poking-Hand-Out-Of-Screen-For-The-Sake-Of-3D" thing you see in typical 3D movies. It actually makes you feel like you're IN the world with how it's executed.

I would heavily recommend watching this if you like big robots and monsters fighting, even though it's story is a little dry outside of the fighting in my personal opinion.
  23. Aug 13, 2013
    Pacific Rim was fairly good movie yes there was some silly parts and annoying bits but over all it was an action packed movie with a few good laughs i would recommend it
  24. Aug 20, 2013
    excellent and plenty of action to keep you looking at the screen and not at your ice cream the fighting and battles were to my taste and the robots though a bit far fetched played their part in making this film worth watching
  25. Aug 27, 2013
    De lo mejor de todo el 2013, es grande, fantástico, un gran boom, tan grande como los mismos Kaijus. La experiencia de Del Toro para crear personas de fantasía es innegable. No se necesita de explosiones ni exageraciones para sostener la película, con mucha trama te lleva de la emoción al asombro.
  26. Aug 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The film Pacific Rim begins with some background information. We are informed that deep beneath the Pacific Ocean a rift through time and space opened up and gigantic creatures named Kaiju began to emerge from the ocean's depths. The Kaiju begin began to attack populated areas and from the start it appears that mankind does not stand a chance against these terrible creatures. In response the countries of the world pool their resources and create giant mechanical robots to fight against the Kaiju. These robots known as Jaegers are controlled by two pilots who fuse their neural centrals so that they can share the mental load that is needed to control the Jaegers. But as the war continues on for over ten years, the Jaegers begin to lose and the Kaiju are only becoming stronger. Former pilot Raleigh Becket (Charlie Hunnam) is called back into the Jaeger program for a last attempt to take out the Kaiju by the four remaining Jaegers. And if they fail their objective, it will mean the end of human race. But there is much about the Kaiju that humans still do not know.
    The film is helmed by Mexican director Guillermo Del Toro, known for directing Pan's Labyrinth (2006) and the Hellboy series. In Pacific Rim he shows all the talent he has in the past. The film can appeal to a wide audience and yet at its heart is very simple. Pacific Rim at its core is a love letter to japanese monster movies. Visually it is amazing, the special effects are pulled off quite well and you can really feel the size and weight of the Jaegers and the Kaiju. Del Toro also tosses in details that really flesh out the environment, such as acknowledgment of a group who are considered "Kaiju Groupies". By adding little details like that it makes the film's world all the more real.
    The screenplay (written by Del Toro and Travis Beacham) is well done and the characters are all very diverse and memorable. The best performance is done by Idris Elba as the leader of the Jaeger program. Going into the film I expected his performance not to be very notable but he broke the stereotype of a standard army commander and generally surprised me with his talent. Another great character is a pilot portrayed by Rinko Kikuchi, who gives a very heartfelt performance as a pilot with a tragic backstory that really brings to life the war between the humans and the Kaiju. Its just another detail that increases how immersive an environment Del Toro creates with this film. Not far into the movie I generally believed in the film's universe that included characters who acted like real people as well as machines and monsters beyond our wildest imaginations.
    But like every film Pacific Rim is not perfect and it contains flaws. Such is with an aforementioned "Kaiju Groupie" portrayed by Charlie Day. His character struck a really annoying nerve with me and I didn't enjoy the moments when he was on screen. But even with that said, his character is still realistic, its just not a person I'd like to meet in real life. The only other notable flaw I can mention is that soundtrack was fine and all but was rather repetitive. But despite its flaws I believe Del Toro once again created an incredibly immersive, action heavy, summer blockbuster that is not likely to be forgotten in the coming years.
  27. Sep 2, 2013
    I love the action, scenes, CGI, and special effects. I at first though that this movie was going to be dumb, but it was very good. Sure, its not the most original movie or idea ever and some parts may be cheesy, but its overall an excellent film. The Jaegars (the robots) and the Kaiju (alien monsters) are a visual treat. They look beautiful. My one complaint was that Raleigh and Mako'sI love the action, scenes, CGI, and special effects. I at first though that this movie was going to be dumb, but it was very good. Sure, its not the most original movie or idea ever and some parts may be cheesy, but its overall an excellent film. The Jaegars (the robots) and the Kaiju (alien monsters) are a visual treat. They look beautiful. My one complaint was that Raleigh and Mako's relationship was slightly rushed. I would have liked to see them interact a bit more. I hope there will be a sequel. THANK YOU GUILLERMO DEL TORO!

If you liked this review, read my other ones and mark this review as helpful.
  28. Sep 8, 2013
    I loved Pacific Rim. I can't say the amount of awesomeness this movie had/has, and it was BAD-ASS in the theatre. It probably won't be so epic when watched by your own little TV, but it's still epic. The fighting scenes were beautiful and very well done, the effects were super-cool and oh-my-god. THE MUSIC. Main theme is one of my favorite movie songs of all time. I totally recommend thisI loved Pacific Rim. I can't say the amount of awesomeness this movie had/has, and it was BAD-ASS in the theatre. It probably won't be so epic when watched by your own little TV, but it's still epic. The fighting scenes were beautiful and very well done, the effects were super-cool and oh-my-god. THE MUSIC. Main theme is one of my favorite movie songs of all time. I totally recommend this to ANYONE who loves epic effects, awesome action scenes and kaijus! Expand
  29. Sep 12, 2013
    Very, very nice! The best movie ever! I love Raleigh Becket.. he's so hot. I love that scene where he was shirtless.. Nice movie! MUST SEE. It's really worth watching. Very underrated.
  30. Dec 17, 2013
    When you sit down to watch this movie, don't expect fantastic acting, interesting dialogue or a compelling story. Instead, this film is absolutley perfect at what it aims to do; its a balls out, over the top action spectacle.
  31. Sep 20, 2013
    Maybe the trama sounds similar like Evangelion, Godzilla, & Transformers, but Pacific Rim has something different, and is the cool part of the movie, the visual effects are A M A Z I N G, the story has a fantastic development, the 3D is great, and the performances are great. Pacific Rim is one of the most espectacular movies of this year.
  32. Oct 17, 2013
    awesome movie it was action after action i watched it first day out and i loved it its defiantly worth watching again i would recommend this movie to everyone because the story line gets you thinking
    i waited a long time to watch this movie and i wasn't disappointed
  33. Oct 17, 2013
    Forget anyone who whines about the film, it's fantastic. I've seen a lot of films like this and am rarely impressed. For sheer spectacle it's creative and incredible. Characters aren't all your typical American hero (although they do feature, which in this sort of gung-ho action film is entirely acceptable) they come from an array of backgrounds and provide their own basic motives,Forget anyone who whines about the film, it's fantastic. I've seen a lot of films like this and am rarely impressed. For sheer spectacle it's creative and incredible. Characters aren't all your typical American hero (although they do feature, which in this sort of gung-ho action film is entirely acceptable) they come from an array of backgrounds and provide their own basic motives, fleshing them out a little. They really try everything to create a believable atmosphere in a completely bizarre and unrealistic complex and surprisingly succeed. When reading negative reviews it's obvious that these people went into this film with far too high minded an attitude, lost in their own belief that an action epic such as this isn't good because it doesn't hold a bigger message for them I'll give them the bigger message get over yourself, stop watching so many films and enjoy them for what they are. Seriously, the cover has a giant, man-shaped robot on the front, what did you expect? Expand
  34. Oct 28, 2013
    les robot sont trop cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! et puis les combat aussi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! la fin est cool tout est cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  35. Oct 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pacific Rim is a great movie, the battle scenes between Jaegers and Kaijus are fantastic. The only thing I don't like is that they only used 5 jaegers in the battle scenes (the fifth is the Coyote Tango). It would have been better if they added more jaegers but who cares? It's a great movie for kids.

Once again, the film is great. I just hope that they add more jaegers (or if possible: battles during days rather than night with very hard rains because, for me, everything seemed hard to see when they fight at night.) so it's more enjoyable.

Other than that, it's a very enjoyable movie for young audiences, good job Guillermo Del Toro for making a fantastic movie!
  36. Nov 16, 2013
    All of my childhood fantisies all rolled into one 2 hour movie. Thank you for getting it right Guillermo Del Toro. Took me back to the good old days. It isn't perfect but come on, GIANT ROBOTS fighting GIANT MONSTERS! If you like that sort of thing, this is the movie for you.
  37. Nov 24, 2013
    Pacific Rim the best summer movie ever made. It even fits the definition of a exploding summer blockbuster film which knows what it's doing. Pacific Rim also knows how to be one by not getting you bored while these titans fight in our cities. One side is made out of metal and the other is completely organic. Giant 250ft tall mechanical beings fighting equally 250 or 300 feet monsters isPacific Rim the best summer movie ever made. It even fits the definition of a exploding summer blockbuster film which knows what it's doing. Pacific Rim also knows how to be one by not getting you bored while these titans fight in our cities. One side is made out of metal and the other is completely organic. Giant 250ft tall mechanical beings fighting equally 250 or 300 feet monsters is just something that has never been done before in a long time and it's all thanks to Guillermo Del Toro for pulling the drawings of giant robots and monsters out of my head, and finally putting them into a movie! This is the only movie by far, which has action on a scale that is physically unimaginable. And what's so great about this movie as well, is not only the action, there's a really great sense of humanity in this movie. That we haven't got in a long time too. Great characters and each shows a great purpose in their roles. Charlie Hunnam, I will agree his accent is a little wonky at times. But that's not enough to bring down on how big his charisma is in the movie. A really badass likable character. Though what I wished was more character development between him and his lost brother. It's sad, we didn't get that. But still, Charlie makes the heck out of the movie. Idris Elba, the actor known for playing Heimdall in Thor, is an amazing actor. That focus, and moral center of the movie, is what defines Idris' character. Rinko Kikuchi, an actress who has less knowledge of an eye candy, yet to nail her role in playing the role of an isolated beautiful object in this movie and has really a great backstory. But she's just as good as Charlie's character, who has a badass backstory but it's a little one-dimensional. Charlie Day, from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, is hilarious in this movie. Every scene he's in is appropriate for the comedic relieves and he's the scientist who's always hyperactive on drugs, especially the Hong Kong scenes where he's in. Great! Ron Perlman, known for making his cameo longer than any cameos I've seen, does a great job as a leader of a black market Kaiju dealer. Really great. Guillermo specifically said he wanted something that looked weirder or stranger than the giant monsters, so we got this. Something to be taken with the opposite of serious. And the rest of the cast did a fine job at bringing the movie with the sense of actual continuity. Pacific Rim definitely deserves a sequel as there's so much more of it's story that we needed. And the sequel should also tell more of the prologue which is quite short in this movie, unfortunately. Not giving audiences more information and therefore having others to felt like this movie had some part of the plot that didn't make sense. But I wasn't one of them. I know everything there is to know about Pacific Rim. Now I've said this and I will say it again, Pacific Rim is not just everything about explosions and spectacle and metal and monsters fighting, it has really great human elements in this movie. Unlike the Transformers which has some really inappropriate moments that just tore the film down and it's annoying. The action in there was really subtle, meaning it's bad and it's really hard to understand which transformer is fighting which transformer. Michael Bay and Dreamworks, you got some mess to do. Okay! So overall, Pacific Rim is an awesome great action summer blockbuster movie that deserves to receive all your money and it's really worth most of our time. Really dates back to the mecha and kaiju sub-genres in the past and now it's been revived. Thank you Guillermo Del Toro and the rest of his crew for making this entire movie possible. Thank you. Can't wait for it's sequel which is in storywriting process now! XD Expand
  38. Dec 21, 2013
    Comparing Transformers, I Robot, RoboCop (and all the movies of robots) this leaves them as the worst. Guillermo del Toro treats us to a spectacular show of special effects and action-filled moments of tension and adrenaline. The plot is very smart and keeps you tied to the seat. The performances are not like Daniel Day Lewis, Christoph Waltz, Brad Pitt and all of them, but there are goodComparing Transformers, I Robot, RoboCop (and all the movies of robots) this leaves them as the worst. Guillermo del Toro treats us to a spectacular show of special effects and action-filled moments of tension and adrenaline. The plot is very smart and keeps you tied to the seat. The performances are not like Daniel Day Lewis, Christoph Waltz, Brad Pitt and all of them, but there are good and which emphasize. The outcome and the course are sublime. Here we have another light in the dark moment is going Hollywood with a fresh idea. If not I at least nominated for an Oscar I'll descepiconar and I think I am not alone. Expand
  39. Jan 6, 2014
    Badass!! realistic movants on the robots fun dumb fun for anytime of the year. Characters that are relatable yet unreliable, with a speech to rival independents day.
  40. Jan 26, 2014
    Do you like Godzilla movies?
    Do you like Giant Robot movies?
    Would you like to watch them fight it out? If you answered yes to the three questions above, then this is the movie for you. My inner 8 year old squealed in delight seeing the trailer for the first time. And did so again while watching the movie. Sure the dialog was a bit flat and the character development was lacking.
    Do you like Godzilla movies?
    Do you like Giant Robot movies?
    Would you like to watch them fight it out?

If you answered yes to the three questions above, then this is the movie for you. My inner 8 year old squealed in delight seeing the trailer for the first time. And did so again while watching the movie. Sure the dialog was a bit flat and the character development was lacking. But watching the trailer, I knew what I was going to get and I got it in spades. Damn now I want to watch it again.
  41. Feb 1, 2014
    I'm not gonna go out and say that Pacific Rim was one of the best movies of all time, but it's definitely one of the boldest. Adopting a lot of elements from both anime and the Kaiju and mecha genres, Pacific Rim clearly knows its roots and pays homages to its roots and looks great doing it.
  42. Nov 17, 2014
    This is an awesome movie! It features plenty of action and very good special effects. A must watch if you like Sci-fi movies! It also has quite an interesting plot. This is definitely good to watch even in 2-D as I watched it in 2-D and it still feels good even for a 2-D movie.
  43. Oct 8, 2014
    Don't have too much to say about this...maybe.

Don't have too much to say about this...maybe.

But this is one of my ALL TIME favorite movies. !!! I think I'll take a good look on Guillermo del Toro's other movies ( whatever else he directed or maybe was a writer too ) But this redefines a great CGI monster battle out blockbuster. Pacific Rim is loaded with fantastic visuals that will appeal to many fanboys and for many people who just wants a little dose of a monster verus metal clash in our great cities.

I first saw this in a Latino theater in Ecuador located somewhere in South America ( That is where I was born ) and I loved it!!! I then got lucky enough to See it AGAIN ...but this time in 3D! ( Yes, in a latino movie theater, don't worry I understand spanish quite well. )

The experince was again fantastic! Great monster verus giant robots fights! It was breath-taking. Another word I'll use to describe Transformers. (2007)! I have the movie on DVD, Blu-ray and Digital HD! Once I get my Blu-Ray DVD player, I'll shall watch this movie in the Blu ray version! LOVED this epic movie! Watch it please!!! HIGHLY FREAKING RECOMMEND!
  44. May 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is one of a kind for me, it surprised me beyond belief. Upon going to see it with my brother, i initially agreed to tagging along just to be nice and was planning on falling asleep. I couldn't have been more wrong. It has been the only film i have ever wanted to watch a second time, immediately after watching it the first time.

Critics and viewers may complain about the hilarious technological change, and how we couldn't possibly build moving robots as big as Jaegers., but who cares? The last thing I'm thinking about is how scientifically accurate the movie is. No it's not possible to build them but I for one have an imagination. There could never be an Island we don't know about with dinosaurs or ginormous gorillas on them, and we don't question them so why question these Jaegers of Kaijus?

The action and special affects we're outstanding and it had a top notch storyline that was original and interesting. I enjoyed the relationship build between all the characters and i found every second of it enjoyable. I would recommend not missing this film to anybody.
  45. May 26, 2014
    This is a must scene for any fan of Kaiju movies and of the action genre. Pacific Rim is a non-stop thrill ride (cliché but so very true!) that gives fans exactly what they want: non stop action. Watching this with friends was some of the most fun I have ever had in a movie theatre. The Giant robots and hulking Kaiju were all beautifully presented and seeing them made me feel like a 10This is a must scene for any fan of Kaiju movies and of the action genre. Pacific Rim is a non-stop thrill ride (cliché but so very true!) that gives fans exactly what they want: non stop action. Watching this with friends was some of the most fun I have ever had in a movie theatre. The Giant robots and hulking Kaiju were all beautifully presented and seeing them made me feel like a 10 year old again. The Kaiju fight scenes are aplenty and they are very well done with a wonderful feeling of variety to them. But ultimately this movie is fun, there is a light heartedness about the characters despite being in a fight for their lives that makes you not take the movie too seriously and just enjoy the spectacle of giant battles being waged.

Not perfect, but it comes pretty damn close. Worth seeing in the cinema, worth buying on Blue-ray and worth lining up to see the sequel.
  46. May 27, 2014
    Just fresh after watching a blu-ray edition of this movie and I have to admit that I'm very pleasantly surprised. I've expected a stupid monsters vs. robots movie but this movie has a bigger meaning underneath it's (oh so!) polished shell. PR is long but you won't feel that for a momens because action/storytelling moments are perfectly intervened to keep you on the edge of your seat.Just fresh after watching a blu-ray edition of this movie and I have to admit that I'm very pleasantly surprised. I've expected a stupid monsters vs. robots movie but this movie has a bigger meaning underneath it's (oh so!) polished shell. PR is long but you won't feel that for a momens because action/storytelling moments are perfectly intervened to keep you on the edge of your seat. Absolutely worth your money. Expand
  47. Nov 9, 2014
    Pacific Rim explodes with fantastical imagery, epic action sequences and irresistible fun while exposing emotion and balancing its otherwise average plot.

1. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jul 15, 2013
    It is possible to applaud Pacific Rim for the efficacy of its business model while deploring the tale that has been engendered — long, loud, dark, and very wet. You might as well watch the birth of an elephant.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Jul 12, 2013
    The Kaijus make zombies look like wusses, so at least the fights in this film are battles royal. But overload sets in early, and it all turns into battle boring.
    Pacific Rim made me marvel at the technology of movies, but never the magic of them.