7.6

1. Sep 21, 2011
    "Pandorum" is just a SF-horror flick where survivors run away from alien-like creatures. The question is, did they make it? Yes, they barely made it.
  2. Aug 20, 2010
    Amazing movie!!!!!!!!!!!! Came in under the radar....But its great. Intense, scary, great actors and a space ship full of monsters.
    Great set design and the movie has it's own feel. Original storyline -(not another reboot), A bit like aliens/event horizon/and a zombie movie- so perfect for me
    I LOVED IT!!!!!
  3. Mar 17, 2011
    Vastly underrated movie. One of the best space films of recent years. Great story, with plenty of twists and a great ending, cool mutant design as well. Just another great example of how wrong the critics can be.
  4. Dec 9, 2011
    I found it pretty good, reminds me Dead Space videogame.
    Its a survival horror movie wich has its thrilling moments, good story and creppy creatures.
    I enjoyed much more than the last 4 Resident evil movies
  5. Feb 20, 2014
    I really don't know what movie the critics where watching when they wrote a review for this film, it is great, actors do a fantastic job, story was ok but the atmosphere while watching keeps you on edge and is great when you are home alone and have all the light off or down low
  6. Oct 29, 2010
    The story of Pandorum focuses on the crew of a sleeper ship called the Elysium and it's inevitable journey through space to their destination, the planet Tanis, which is supposed to be another Earth-like planet. From the beginning of the movie it had me interested, as it tends to keep things very vague, dropping tiny bits of clues as to what is going on. It starts with Corporal Bower (BenThe story of Pandorum focuses on the crew of a sleeper ship called the Elysium and it's inevitable journey through space to their destination, the planet Tanis, which is supposed to be another Earth-like planet. From the beginning of the movie it had me interested, as it tends to keep things very vague, dropping tiny bits of clues as to what is going on. It starts with Corporal Bower (Ben Foster) who wakes from suspended animation and finds that he cannot remember much, if anything, about what is going or where they are. The story takes him on a journey through the ship as he attempts to uncover what is going on aboard the Elysium. Although I do see many strong resemblances or homage's to a slew of other movies, I don't feel the criticism aimed at it is deserved. The flavor of Alien/s and Event Horizon come to mind, but from what I gather the similarities are more superficial than anything else. The cast is pretty decent, with Foster giving a solid and realistic performance in his role. Denis Quaid manages to convey his character of Lieutenant Payton effectively, giving a good performance as well, but really starts to shine towards the end of the movie. The token girl/love interest Nadia, played by Antje Traue, is sometimes shaky in regards to her delivery, but does manage to convincingly play her role as the toughened scientist. She manages to fight well, while not looking like a wafer-thin model like in some movies (cough, cough Resident Evil), and I find that a very good thing. I'm pretty tired of that stereotype and its actually more attractive in my view. Plus shes nice to look at. Anyway the only real character I tended to wince at was Norman Reeduss's Shepard. I dont know if they wanted him to play it that way, but he seemed a bit overdone, but hey, maybe thats what was asked of him or how he wanted to do it. Either way it seemed the least genuine for me. Overall I loved the ambiance of the movie and the pretty realistic actions and reactions of the lead cast to the events that transpire aboard the Elysium. The movie held my interest well, aside from a few hiccups here and there. One of those was some of the B-movie like techniques they used for the action scenes, which to me kind of detracted from the horror of it all. Some scenes seem a little too sped up, while others may have relied on a bit too much slow motion, but all in all the movie has a certain style that appealed to me. It aint Shakespeare, but then again, its not trying to be. Definitely worth a look.â Expand
  7. Kev
    Dec 3, 2010
    This Movie was crap. Dark, poor acting and I watched it with no idea what was going on. Waste of time and money, don't bother. Crappy cheap syntho music, crappy cheap out of work or just starting out actors. 1
  8. Mar 1, 2011
    My opinion has never differed so noticeably from critics' ones than now. Definitely one of the best sci-fi releases of the decade. The plot and the twists, at least the major one, is unpredictable even to me - I consider myself a critical and skeptic person. Summa summarum, a refreshing movie in an era of boredom. I am pleased.
  9. Sep 21, 2011
    Pandorum is one of those movies which will split the audience right down the middle. There are enough things wrong with the film to get you distracted if you want it to, but there is a pleasant mix of great things, that will make this film a classic. The movie is very reflective of the last 20 years of sci-fi, drawing inspiration from classic films but also with a strong computer gamingPandorum is one of those movies which will split the audience right down the middle. There are enough things wrong with the film to get you distracted if you want it to, but there is a pleasant mix of great things, that will make this film a classic. The movie is very reflective of the last 20 years of sci-fi, drawing inspiration from classic films but also with a strong computer gaming influence. It is far more subtle than your Hollywood film and is much more raw and independent in feel, and that's what makes classics. Like all great sci-fi, this film does not overwhelm you with technology and science, but draws you to a story about people and their circumstance. I will not be surprised if this film stands the test of time and each year grows a wider appreciative audience. Expand
  10. Dec 6, 2011
    I'm not generally a big fan of horror but there is no scarier setting than space and I think this movie was excellent, the twists and turns were unexpected and I was genuinely surprised by some of them which doesn't seem to happen very often anymore. Worth seeing for sure, and as with many of the other user reviews I must say I have never disagreed with critics more, their comparisons toI'm not generally a big fan of horror but there is no scarier setting than space and I think this movie was excellent, the twists and turns were unexpected and I was genuinely surprised by some of them which doesn't seem to happen very often anymore. Worth seeing for sure, and as with many of the other user reviews I must say I have never disagreed with critics more, their comparisons to previous Sci-Fi films are lazy and poorly considered. Really I think it boils down to the fact that very few critics like sci-fi and they tend to look down on it. I would say if you are a sci-fi fan this is worth checking out. Expand
  11. Dec 27, 2011
    Listen this movie was on a pretty short budget give them some credit it used like 1/10th of the budget of transformers so I mean they can't help for some parts to be a lil cheesy.

Lets get down to it... Story is great very very good twists and turns every corner. Actors are good some parts are cheesy but you cant help it.. and it does not ruin the movie. Visuals are also good not amazing

Lets get down to it...
    Story is great very very good twists and turns every corner.
    Visuals are also good not amazing but it works.

9/10 One of the best sifi movies i have seen. I have seen allot.
  12. Dec 28, 2011

My review of this film. Pretty underrated flick. Screw the critics, don't know a good movie when they see it.
  13. Apr 22, 2012
    Seeing the "critic reviews" for this movie were pretty bad I decided to voice my opinion about it in a more positive light, to make a long story short movies like this are not for everyone and doesn't hold your hand through it all the way. I don't think there's anything wrong in that as a matter of fact if you're doing a movie "for everyone" you're doing it wrong.
  14. Jul 30, 2012
    This was and is, a great movie. Living up to it's genre, it really sets you in the darkest corner of the ship it's placed in. Well scripted, awesome acting and surprising twists leave this movie with you catched into it. A must watch for Sci-fi thriller fans!
  15. JZx
    Oct 13, 2013
    Dark, some little terror, suspense, really good movie, good acting of Ben Foster and Antje Traue... forget it about bad reviews =S Hope its coming the second part of the movie :D
  16. Oct 26, 2013
    Critics can go themselves. Most of them have no idea how a movie should be and the fact that they are making a living out of this is just sickening. Just finished watching the film and came here to write a few words and got completely enraged by the people calling themselves "critics" to write some sensible words. Tenuous? GO YOURSELF.
  17. Mar 27, 2014
    I am deliberately against the critics on this one.

Pandorum isnt suppose to be an action sci fi flick, its not a generic starwars clone and it is defiantly not a AvP ripp off. It isnt suppose to be, This movie is more of a mystery suspense with a mint of tragedy. Tragedy why? The story telling of the characters gives you an impression that the whole universe is dead, the stars are
    I am deliberately against the critics on this one.

and it is defiantly not a AvP ripp off. It isnt suppose to be, This movie is more of a mystery suspense with a mint of tragedy. Tragedy why? The story telling of the characters gives you an impression that the whole universe is dead, the stars are gone and all life along.All that is left are these mutant like beast theat have evolved from corrupted humans that have suffered from the disease "pandorum"
    The ship had failled to reach its destination and is now in an empty void in space. But as it turned out, they hacve been in the planet all along underwater.

amazing ending!!!!
  18. Apr 6, 2014
    LOVED this movie! I couldn't disagree more with the critics. It had strong acting, great action sequences, good special effects, creepy monsters, interesting plot twists, and a satisfying ending. After it was over, I was left wanting to know what happened next.
  19. Sep 9, 2010
    I would have given this a 8.5 but wanted to counter the children who gave it zero. One of the better sci-phi to come along in a long time. Elements of I am Legend, Aliens and Event Horizon. Stunned the critics bashed this one, shows they don't have independent critical thinking skills. If you like sci, you'll like this.
  20. Sep 28, 2010
    This film got an extremely bad rap. The critics absolutely missed the mark on this one. As a sci-fi fan, I was both frightened and intrigued. This film works on all levels, even if it is somewhat predictable. If you're looking for solid sci-f horror go no further.
  21. Oct 11, 2010
    I was lured towards 'Pandorum' with the expectation of a good value sci-fi-horror. But nay, was this piss-poor-triteâ
  22. Jan 12, 2011
    Top top film, as good as event horizon, sets up great for a follow up which i would love to see,and a great twist at the end. Really underted.

ww.runestales.co.uk
  23. Feb 4, 2011
    Why did I never hear abou this film until now? Maybe this is the reason it did badly in the box office - where was the marketing budget? If this was a Hollywood film it would have been rammed down our throats until everybody knew about it! Those movie critics are so out of touch with what the general public likes it's unbelievable. If it's not up for Golden globes or Oscars they don't wantWhy did I never hear abou this film until now? Maybe this is the reason it did badly in the box office - where was the marketing budget? If this was a Hollywood film it would have been rammed down our throats until everybody knew about it! Those movie critics are so out of touch with what the general public likes it's unbelievable. If it's not up for Golden globes or Oscars they don't want to know. This is the best sci-fi action and ending i've seen in a while. If you liked Event Horizon or Sunshine - this is better - better more uplifting less pondorous ending. Great special effects and amazing set building - best "spaceship" set since Moon or Aliens. Really looked realistic. Expand
  24. Feb 25, 2011
    Doesn't deserve the critics' harsh reviews. It's certainly not Citizen Kane but it's a fun and entertaining SF movie. I certainly enjoyed it and even rewatched it, even if it's not the most original movie ever.
  25. Mar 15, 2011
    This movie is a totally enjoyable science fiction film. It has quality acting, an engaging survival/horror plot line, and was generally well shot and scripted. I couldn't disagree more with the 28 metascore this has from mainstream critics. If you're a geek, you will probably like this movie.
  26. Mar 29, 2011
    Why such bad critics? Ok its not a masterpiece but i think it was time well spent. The end opens the choice of a continuity and all the plot seemed well balanced. Ok im a sci-fi maniac and may look to the other side when something its not polished enough but that doesn´t seem the case here. Well i guess sometimes its the people word that counts and the people has spoken...
  27. Apr 14, 2011
    I think this movie is very unfairly treated by critics. I thought the basic idea of the film was very compelling and the twist at the end one of the best in science fiction. There might have been a few hick-ups here and there, but overall, this movie is a real gem in the science fiction genre.
  28. Jun 18, 2011
    I pretty good thought-provoking and creative film. For reasons: http://www.screened.com/profile/handbanana/movie-analysis-symbolism-in-pandorum/118-5063/
  29. May 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I felt the film, was trying too hard, the plot twists felt forced and anti-climactic. More on the annoying side i felt. I knew DQ was gonna lose his mind or had lost his mind but they kept dragging it on, which just comes across as annoying. I felt the other members of the crew were stereotypical. Timid yet willing to push himself hero. The bad ass cold shouldered **** with a soft side. and the immigrant who can't speak english. What i did like was the mutants they felt like a sub species of human, that given the context of how long the ship had been there fit. the history and back story of earth and its end were interesting. It was alright for one sit through other then that i could recommend much better sci-fi cinema. Was fun for one ride. Expand
  30. May 22, 2011
    Good acting, Great plot, Might have seen the ending coming until they opened the hatch and there was just BLACK. Oddly that moment was almost the most disturbing before the its revealed what happened. Didn't see the Dennis Quaid being the bad guy thing coming. Just good and enjoyable, it kept me interested and surprised me.
  31. Jun 1, 2011
    This film does extremely well on story, and yet it supremely fails on it's entire concept. Are these creatures real or are they just a hallucination? The whole point is that we are not really supposed to know for sure, thus being caught in a state of "pandorum", but the film fails to offer more insight into this and instead just relies on scare tactics and thrills. Still, I enjoyed thisThis film does extremely well on story, and yet it supremely fails on it's entire concept. Are these creatures real or are they just a hallucination? The whole point is that we are not really supposed to know for sure, thus being caught in a state of "pandorum", but the film fails to offer more insight into this and instead just relies on scare tactics and thrills. Still, I enjoyed this film and it looks excellent on blu-ray! Expand
  32. Oct 17, 2011
    Excellent and highly underrated sci-fi flick. Ignore the critics who call Alien a classic and Pandorum crap because it's nothing if not hypocrisy. Both are highly enjoyable and they are so for the exact same reasons.

Any critic who claims to love Alien and hate Pandorum is basically deluding himself into thinking that he's a good movie critic. It's uppity pretentiousness at it's worst because it's supposed to be his job.
  33. Nov 18, 2011
    PANDORUM is a dull rip-off of THE DESCENT, but in space. That is all.
  34. Jun 27, 2012
    cant disagree with the critics more strongly. This film has an unpredictable story, which is a lot more than I can say for most blockbusters that I have seen lately. The point of the film was to be a terrifying, atmospheric science fiction horror, that's what I went in expecting, and that's what I got, and I couldn't be happier. The film is full of visual subtlety, lots of cool lookingcant disagree with the critics more strongly. This film has an unpredictable story, which is a lot more than I can say for most blockbusters that I have seen lately. The point of the film was to be a terrifying, atmospheric science fiction horror, that's what I went in expecting, and that's what I got, and I couldn't be happier. The film is full of visual subtlety, lots of cool looking dark scenes, and best of all genuinely scary cool looking monsters. There are some moments in this film that have been burned into my memory, because they were so disturbing, and original. The ending is also a really awesome surprise, which is always awesome to have in a movie. Kind of reminds me of a big budget version of a really good Outer Limits episode. Expand
  35. Dec 16, 2011
    Why critics, do you dislike this spectacular film so much? Why ruin its reputation just to agree with Rotten Tomatoes? I don't understand. This film incorporated everything you would expect and more - effects, plot, build up, characters, mystery, everything.
  36. Jun 3, 2013
    An interesting and well produced horror sci-fi flick, with surprisingly good practical effects and writing; the critics are far too harsh, well worth the rental.
  37. Jul 24, 2013
    One of the best Sci-Fi movies I have ever seen. Great cast, involving story, crazy action, scary moments, adventurous. A good movie to watch at night in the dark. Worth buying, entertaining enough to watch more than once.
  38. Aug 2, 2013
    The idea is pretty good, but the realization is poor at times. I didn't like the monsters design (some space orks) and their strange movement. Also some plot stuff was not properly explained. Overall, an average alien-like sci-fi horror movie with low budget.
  39. vmp
    Oct 3, 2013
    Critics need to be fired. They watched a different film or think sci-fi is only about special effects. This is a very good film, with a solid, coherent story that develops in a steady pace and makes up for the lack of expensive effects.
  40. Jul 26, 2014
    For me maybe the best sci-fi in the last decade, the only one which I enjoyed from beginning to the end
    without being bored for just one minute! Strongly underrated piece by my opinion.

1. Handsomely mounted, emotionally involving sci-fi movies don't often show up in the darkened galaxies of our theatre chains. So Alvart's English-language debut is definitely a film you want to catch on the big screen. Just don't sit too close, lest you end up with a dose of pandorum.
  2. Reviewed by: Justine Elias
    Pandorum is a dark, disquieting dream worth watching out for.
  3. Reviewed by: Clark Collis
    How brazenly can one film rip off "Alien," "I Am Legend," and, somewhat oddly, "The Poseidon Adventure"?