5.5

1. Aaron
    Sep 8, 2009
    I went into the movie a fairly big fan of Charlyne Yi, but by the end I truthfully wanted to kill myself. This movie is incredibly pretentious, and I totally agree with the reviewer who said that this movie is too aware of its own cuteness. The movie drags on what feels like an hour too long, which is distressing, considering it's only an hour and a half. I'm okay with movies I went into the movie a fairly big fan of Charlyne Yi, but by the end I truthfully wanted to kill myself. This movie is incredibly pretentious, and I totally agree with the reviewer who said that this movie is too aware of its own cuteness. The movie drags on what feels like an hour too long, which is distressing, considering it's only an hour and a half. I'm okay with movies posing questions but not fully answering them and having the audience reflect on the situations given them, but this movie really had nothing to present. It was mindless, pointless, and I'm utterly depressed I will never get my time back again! Expand
  2. DaveC
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pretentious. Pointless. Artificial. Save your money.
  3. NormG
    Aug 9, 2009
    I hated just about every minute of Paper Heart. The two leads are so unattractive and annoying I had to fight the urge to flee the cinema. This is a faux-reality-documentary about, I guess, a journey find out what love is. I cared even less about this so-called mission. What piece of garbage.

1. Reviewed by: Jessica Baxter
    Cera once again does his "Michael Cera thing." Personally, I love his "thing" but know it’s not for everyone, and I agree that it doesn’t always work contextually. But trust me, here it really works.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Lowe
    A "hybrid documentary" that bemusedly blurs the line between fact and fiction.
  3. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    There may be a fairly sharp line dividing those who find the whole delightfully odd, and those irked by what could be read as a faux childlike simplicity to the enterprise.