5.5

1. BryanT
    Aug 26, 2009
    I really enjoyed this movie. It is very cute!!
  2. Wes
    Aug 9, 2009
    Um, I don't know what all the negative reviews are about, or what those reviewers thought they were going to see. The only way you couldn't love this movie is if you went in to it already deciding to hate anything sweet or sincere. I think most reviewers were already poised to type the word twee before they walked into the theater. Who cares if it's twee, not everything has Um, I don't know what all the negative reviews are about, or what those reviewers thought they were going to see. The only way you couldn't love this movie is if you went in to it already deciding to hate anything sweet or sincere. I think most reviewers were already poised to type the word twee before they walked into the theater. Who cares if it's twee, not everything has to be insincere and cynical. I didn't feel this movie crossed any line there. It's just... fun and great. The fact that it is both a doc and a romantic comedy shouldn't be points against it Expand
  3. EmaS.
    Aug 19, 2009
    Pretentious movie critics probably wouldn't like a film like this, since they seem to be composed of the jaded, glass-half-full type people. This movie was probably too encouraging and endearing for them, but I can tell you when I watched Paper Heart, the crowd was enjoying its time and found the movie to be delightfully humorous and insightful from all different angles at the same Pretentious movie critics probably wouldn't like a film like this, since they seem to be composed of the jaded, glass-half-full type people. This movie was probably too encouraging and endearing for them, but I can tell you when I watched Paper Heart, the crowd was enjoying its time and found the movie to be delightfully humorous and insightful from all different angles at the same time. I honestly thought it was sincere, regardless of some of the set-up circumstances, which accentuated the original idea of the film, as director Jasenovec suggested it would. However, you can't walk into this film expecting it to solve your life's problems. I don't know how this film could be viewed as pretentious, as an enormous amount of opinion was given from a good variety of people. Certainly, most of it was positive and that was probably the feeling that the film production wanted to create, but that definitely wasn't out of malcontent. The idea wasn't to paint a rosy picture of what love is - at least, that's what I felt. For people like Norm G - why on earth would you pay to see a film that a) stars two actors you don't even remotely like, and b) concerns itself with a topic you couldn't care less about? By the way, how pointless of you to make a statement about how unattractive the leads are - or, to write a review which holds no insight to the readers. Expand
  4. LeeP
    Aug 29, 2009
    We went to see this movie as an antidote to District 9 and the incredibly violent previews that preceded it. We enjoyed it. Not a work of genius but gentle, sweet, with some good moments. Got a little tired of Charlene Yi after a while. It helps to enjoy Michale Cera. If you don't like him, you probably won't enjoy this movie. But it is better than many reviewers are saying.

1. Reviewed by: Jessica Baxter
    Cera once again does his "Michael Cera thing." Personally, I love his "thing" but know it’s not for everyone, and I agree that it doesn’t always work contextually. But trust me, here it really works.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Lowe
    A "hybrid documentary" that bemusedly blurs the line between fact and fiction.
  3. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    There may be a fairly sharp line dividing those who find the whole delightfully odd, and those irked by what could be read as a faux childlike simplicity to the enterprise.