5.8

1. Oct 27, 2010
    A rare horror sequel that's every bit as terrifying as the original. This film had me leaping out of my seat and instilled a palpable sense of dread in the viewer. Surprisingly commendable for its ability to build on the mythos from the first, without becoming cluttered or ridiculous. In short, it's tremendously scary and unbearably tense.
  2. Oct 30, 2010
    "Paranormal Activity 2 is a Halloween treat it brings the chills & thrills and is scary and more compulsive than the original , Tho the build up to the "final nights" are slow, its worth the shockingly and frighting conclusion that will have you screaming" .. A-
  3. Oct 22, 2010
    Honestly one of te best theatrical released horror films out today! From beginning to end on the edge of my seat. I love horror, I believe it to be an art and they really shot a great one with this paranormal Activity sequel. Smarter than the original and better... and i loved the original. Watch it tonight!
  4. Oct 22, 2010
    The movie is definitely worth it...I thought it was wayy better than the first...I enjoyed the whole movie..., even though the ending could have been thought out better...Still good though..A must-SEE!
  5. Oct 22, 2010
    i would have giving this movie a 10 but the first hour is just to dull and boring and also the acting was the horrible not the worst i seen but its was bad enogh i know acting wasnt the supossed to be the best but they could have tried harder, but other then that the rest half hour or so will scare the crap out of you. it will make you jump or thats at least the people at my theater did haha
  6. Oct 26, 2010
    Absolutely terrifying. At first I was a bit uneasy, as the first half of the movie is very slow to get into anything, but as soon as things started happening, it was incredibly frightening. There are elements from the first movie tied into it, as well, which was nice to see; they expand upon the first film, even tie up loose ends we were left with. My only critique: will not do well in a household setting, just like its predecessor. You MUST see this film in theaters. Go. Right now. I don't care if you're at work/school/prison. Right now. And I'll know if you didn't go! o_o Expand
  7. Feb 15, 2011
    didn't see either movie in the theater. i almost think its scarier watching it at home by yourself. maybe im missing the point but i still think that as far as horror movies go these movies are some of the scariest movies ive ever seen. p.a.2 is pretty predictable if you've seen the first but it still leaves you feeling very uneasy in the end. the one shining improvement this movie had over the last is a lack of an alternate ending, at least as far as i could tell. the alternate ending in the last movie destroyed all since of realism for me, and being that it was shot in home movie/blair witch style i consider it p.a.1's biggest downfall. this movie and a few others like it (p.a.1, the fourth kind, etc.) are the only movies i know of that illicit this kind of uneasy nervous feeling, which is exactly what a horror movie is supposed to do. Expand
  8. Dec 8, 2010
    This is a good movie to see with a few friends if you are looking for a good scare. although this movie does have its really fun good bits its a bit slow with the scaring. which is quite bad because we are living in the 21 century meaning the kids these days want more action and horror and less full detailed story so if you want a horror movie thats pretty scary but slow at the same time then watch this movie and you will love it. Expand
  9. Dec 15, 2010
    Well to start off it's definitly better than the first one. I did think the first was bad but clever for what it did on the budget. This is heart stopping. Every time it is night in the house you know that something is going to happen but you don't know exactly how. I believe the larger budget helped this time. It still has 'wooooh the door is moving but what is moving the door' moments and there are some plot inacuracies and confusions but apart from that I was definitly clinging to the person I was with during the final sequences. Awesome and very scary, just dont make a third one...please. Expand
  10. Feb 13, 2011
    Sure, the sense of discovery you got from the first Paranormal Activity may have been diminished, but thanks to better pacing, a better script, and more engaging characters, Paranormal Activity 2 is scarier and better than the first. Let's hope 3 is good as well!
  11. Jun 20, 2011
    The way this movie was linked to the first was executed perfectly. Like the first, it had good scares and a lot of scenes that make you jump off your seat.
  12. Jul 4, 2013
    4.6 STARS of 5
    What I like about this movie, is the gotcha moments, the film keeps the suspense of the first, and it works!, What most terrifies also are the scenes with the baby and the dog, the movie has a tremendous originality, but disappointing ending for me and for many people, do not know what happens with the teenage girl and the dog.

memobosque.blogspot.mx
  13. Sep 30, 2013
    This is clearly the best Paranormal Activity of them all. Paranormal activity 1 was Ok, but 3 and 4 sank to the bottom. The actors actually fell like there scared, I got scarred most of the time, always pointing out to my friend "Look at that" or "Oh my god, Look!". The ending was the most interesting part of the movie, sure it was Ok but was creepy. The movie had a good story line, believable actors, and some amazing screen shots. This is a must own movie. Must own! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Mary Pols
    Oct 23, 2010
    Unlike the original, Paranormal Activity 2's pacing is uneven; it builds slowly and effectively before rushing too quickly, and at one point not particularly coherently, through the climax. But the jolts, when they come, are bigger, causing actual physical thrills and chills, at least for me.
  2. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Oct 23, 2010
    Even knowing what's likely to come-the doors opening on their own, the skeptical characters scoffing at metaphysical explanations, the unheeded warnings from paranormally gifted guests-doesn't make it any less nailbiting to watch.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Oct 23, 2010
    Paranormal Activity 2 suffers from the excessive expository blah-blah that's so common in horror-movie sequels.