5.8

1. Sep 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Este filme não é de forma alguma assustador. A maior parte nem parece filme de terror, só no final que aparece alguma coisa. Anteriormente, só aparece o fogão em chamas e colheres caindo. Me poupe. Um péssimo filme. Expand
  2. Sep 2, 2014
    "Paranormal Activity 2" isn't as interesting as the first one, but it's still a pretty scary ride. Like the first one proved, each still shot becomes more intense with each shot, and it had a great ending. If you liked the first one, I recommend giving this one a shot.
  3. Aug 31, 2014
    Using many of the techniques prominently featured in the original film, the sequel falls short of the same brilliance. It has its moments, but not enough to expand the series positively.
  4. chw
    Jul 20, 2014
    Paranormal Activity 2 is such a terrible movie. It's so incredibly boring, it's not even scary, and the only reason I rated the movie a 5 is because of the ending.
  5. Jul 4, 2014
    This film is focused less on storytelling and more on the horror, which most of the time it does not deliver on. I was not scared at all when I watched this, although I do have to give credit to the film makers for coming up with some clever paranormal sequences, boosting my score for this film.
  6. Jun 6, 2014
    after this franchise got ruined with Paranormal Activity 3, 4 and The Marked Ones, let's talk about its real chapters. so, i love Paranormal Activity! it was just a simple found footage horror movie that had one camera placed in the bedroom to film what happens at night when everybody's asleep. it sounds boring but it was creepy and chilling as hell! so, it was a huge smash hit and it spawned 3 sequels, a Latin spin-off and a fifth movie that comes out later this year. but i'm here talk about the sequel that stays true to the franchise and the first movie, and that's Paranormal Activity 2. it's a prequel to the first movie that shows Kristi's family being haunted by the demon ever since their little son Hunter was born. and i really liked at how true Paranormal Activity 2 stands to the first movie. it's still able to make your hair stand up and make you go pale white, with goosebumps all over you. i swear to god, there were a few scenes in the movie were it got so chilling, that i was just shaking outta control. the first movie did that and this one did it too. now, to be honest: the movie seems to start up pretty slow. like there's nothing really happening in the first act and at the beginning of the second act. but then, when stuff start happening, it's a real **** nightmare for Kristi's family and it just makes your pulse throb. like i said, Paranormal Activity 3, 4 and The Marked Ones were pretty much the same thing, but they weren't creepy. they were just filled with jump scares that irritates the **** outta you. and that's why Paranormal Activity 2 is the best sequel in the franchise so far, cause it actually stays true to the first movie. Expand
  7. Mar 9, 2014
    "PA 2" is just a rehash of the first one, with nothing new to offer. But, the same formula as the first one (jump scares, implying rather than showing) goes in, and the product isn't that bad.
  8. Jan 19, 2014
    Paranormal Activity 2 almost scares you as much as it did the first film, and almost carries it to a more enjoyable level. The good thing about watching Paranormal Activity 2, is that it fits in splendidly with the 1st film, so instead of going onto a completely new story, it more or less works as a sequel, and makes a lot more sense out of the 1st film. So yes, the scares are there, even if they take their time, and it's brilliantly entertaining, but I couldn't help but wonder, if perhaps creating a sequel was at all necessary? Perhaps, in full, they should have just let the first film be. Expand
  9. Jan 1, 2014
    The filming style is good and the jump scares are present, however there's no real frights to be experienced with the exception of the finale which is relatively scary.
  10. Nov 30, 2013
    Seriously, this movie is a lot of things, but scary is certainly not one of them. Nothing happens that is worth giving two cents about. Devoid of anything that actually qualifies as a horror movie.
  11. Nov 4, 2013
    "Paranormal Activity 2" is just a complete repetition of the first film. Its pacing is uneven and all we're getting here a couple more new scares that we did not see in the first. People who have seen the first film will have learned some of the tricks, and therefore the scares might not be as effective as the first.
  12. Oct 17, 2013
    Once again another boring, dragged out film that offers nothing scary or to be taken seriously. The second installment is equally as bad as the first and offers the same tricks.
  13. Sep 30, 2013
    This is clearly the best Paranormal Activity of them all. Paranormal activity 1 was Ok, but 3 and 4 sank to the bottom. The actors actually fell like there scared, I got scarred most of the time, always pointing out to my friend "Look at that" or "Oh my god, Look!". The ending was the most interesting part of the movie, sure it was Ok but was creepy. The movie had a good story line, believable actors, and some amazing screen shots. This is a must own movie. Must own! Expand
  14. Jul 4, 2013
    4.6 STARS of 5
    What I like about this movie, is the gotcha moments, the film keeps the suspense of the first, and it works!, What most terrifies also are the scenes with the baby and the dog, the movie has a tremendous originality, but disappointing ending for me and for many people, do not know what happens with the teenage girl and the dog.

memobosque.blogspot.mx
  15. Jun 10, 2013
    It was better than the first one and wore than the other one. The plot continues and it gave me some quite good chills
  16. Jun 4, 2013
    It is terrifying, thrilling, good and scary, but not new, it is all cliche from the first movie, it adds nothing, just different place and time, the scares are renewed but still.
  17. Mar 25, 2013
    Better then the last one but "Scary bumbs and things falling" ISN'T SCARY ANYMORE HOLLYWOOD. I mean this film again no plot just a haunting house story. Scary Movie is probably scarier then this, no it is scarier then this. If you watch this and you jump once then you are the weakest scariest punk in the world. Little harsh but true.
  18. Mar 9, 2013
    Loses its interesting terror from before, leaving this crap as a confusing and obvious not really happening sequel to the Paranormal franchise.
  19. Mar 3, 2013
    Way better than the fourth one. Not quite as good as the third one though. But extremely scary and it gets your heart pumping. Even when nothings happening, you will still be in a state of high anxiety.
  20. Mar 1, 2013
    Paranormal Activity marks as the strange case, in which the sequel (ok, it's actually a prequel) is better than the original film. However, the 2nd part of the horror movie series is still a bad film. While there are some nice scenes and I like the fact that it's highly related to Paranormal Activity, it's still a cheap horror flick that culminates in another strange ending (it's nothing against the stupidity of PA's conclusion, but since those two are very related to each other, this one's also quite dumb.) Additionally, it takes itself 72% of the runtime to present the first jump-scare, which is a shame for a movie of this genre. And if that wasn't enough, all of the jump-scare moments are stupid as hell and I personally think that the vibe of these movies is very boring. Expand
  21. Feb 24, 2013
    I don't have much to say about this one. It wasn't bad, A little more hokier than the first, definatly not as scary, but still pretty entertaining for what it was.
  22. Feb 21, 2013
    worst one out of all Paranormal Activities so far! my opinion but it is, acting is HORRIFYING, when Kristi gets dragged down the stairs it is VERY unrealistic! Only one scene made me jump, I was laughing at some parts.

Here is how everything works
    PA: Creepiest
    PA2: .......
    PA3: Most Suspenseful
    PA4: Jumpiest
  23. Dec 5, 2012
    Absolute dross. At least half the film is dominated by a myriad of hidden camera shots that show nothing of interest. It's an attempted thriller gone awry.
  24. Nov 28, 2012
    Some of the scares were cheaper than expected, but it was frightening and entertaining overall.
  25. Nov 6, 2012
    How is this movie considered scary? How is nothing going on scary? How is a pool cleaner scary? It isn't! Somehow the director of this film manages to waste another hour and 30 minutes of my time of nothing happening. The only thing I can praise about this movie along with the first film is that Katie is scary when she is possessed. Maybe not Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter scary but still scary. But even then there's more problems; the most eventful moments happen in the last ten minutes. Why not flesh that out into a full length film? Its sickening that this is considered good filmmaking and I weep at this heinous state of film. Expand
  26. Oct 22, 2012
    A couple of clever moments aside, this "Activity" doesn't earn the atmosphere it tries to replicate from the first genuinely frightening installment.
  27. Oct 18, 2012
    *UPDATED REVIEW!*Paranormal Activity 2 is a film, like the first, I originally disliked, but then decided to re-watch it and I enjoyed it, but the film, also like the first, lacks true horror and relies on jump scares and doesn't have the inch of creepiness the first one had. But besides though, I thought it was entertaining with better acting and characters than the first and with plenty of unintentional humour to be enjoyed. Expand
  28. Sep 28, 2012
    This film is okay, but the first film beats this and the third hands down. I felt like this film was trying to step it up from the first but in a way that took from what made the first film so scary. I personally found the first film absolutely terrifying, I don't think I've ever seen a film that shook me up in quite the same way. That was because it was all so subtle and relied so heavily on your imagination to make it work, and I just don't think the second film valued that as much as it should have done. Certain scenes were okay and pretty creepy, other scenes just screamed 'strings' at me which immediately broke my connection with it. Things happened in the first film that looked real and possible and the action built up, only to peak pretty much at the end of the film. I felt like this film started at that high and the smaller, subtle things from the first were brushed aside a little too eagerly. Overall, if you find these sorts of films interesting to watch then you'll probably like it regardless of its slightly more 'obvious' nature. It won't compare to the first but it's in no way a bad film. Expand
  29. Aug 24, 2012
    I really wish I had never seen this film. It wasn't scary and nothing happened for around 45 minutes. That is far too long to watch a mechanical pool cleaner cleaning a swimming pool. Definitely the worst film I have ever seen.

1. Reviewed by: Mary Pols
    Oct 23, 2010
    Unlike the original, Paranormal Activity 2's pacing is uneven; it builds slowly and effectively before rushing too quickly, and at one point not particularly coherently, through the climax. But the jolts, when they come, are bigger, causing actual physical thrills and chills, at least for me.
  2. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Oct 23, 2010
    Even knowing what's likely to come-the doors opening on their own, the skeptical characters scoffing at metaphysical explanations, the unheeded warnings from paranormally gifted guests-doesn't make it any less nailbiting to watch.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Oct 23, 2010
    Paranormal Activity 2 suffers from the excessive expository blah-blah that's so common in horror-movie sequels.