Paranormal Activity 3

6.0

1. Nov 27, 2011
    Boring, dull and got me sleepy before the first half an hour. The ending is an huge letdown. I expected better. The movie has a lot of unescessary scary scenes (which are not scary at all). It didn't really give you the kick that you expected for a horror movie.
  2. Feb 11, 2012
    I'm not Paranormal Activity franchise fans. No impress for the first one, even I skip the second one. I just curious why the third got positive reviews. I watched it and it's still boring. Come on! We don't need new SAW.
  3. Oct 26, 2011
    VERY VERY OVERRATED. NOT AS SCARY AS I WOULD ASSUME. EXPECTED MORE. WHERE ARE THE CLASSIC HORROR MOVIES. THEY DONT MAKE THEM LIKE THEY USED TOO. THIS WAS JUST ANOTHER BLAIR WITCH, WATCHING A MOVIE THROUGH A CAMERA LENSE IS NOT SCARY@!
  4. Oct 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. The movie started off pretty good, with a clip somewhat, but not quite, "explaining" the break in at Kristie's house that prompted them to install the security cams that recorded the majority of the events in PA2 (even though in PA2 they claim that the only thing stolen was a necklace, and in this one it was the old VHS tapes from when the girls were little that were the only things missing). Then the movie switches to the clips from the "missing tapes" without any explanation about where the tapes were found. I know it seems like nit-picking, but you knew that the footage shown in PA1 was found when the police showed up and found Micah and thus the video footage on the computer, the footage shown in PA2 was found when the police showed up after the murders of Kristie and Dan... but where were these "missing tape "found"? it seems like they could have at least explained that the tapes had been found in the attic of Katie and Micah's house like the burnt picture had been... something would have been better than nothing.

The first part of the Old footage was pretty good if watched by itself, but as a part of the series there were some inconsistencies, such as the Demon being "attached" to Kristie, yet in PA1 Katie states that the Demon had been attached to her and that Kristie had simply "seen it too". Also, the fact that the demon was given a name as sinister and frightening as TOBY did a lot to take away from the scare factor. on top of that it just seemed like Toby just had a thing for little girls.

Also there were some scenes in the previews that simply weren't in the movie such as the two girls playing Bloody Mary, one of the girls walking off of the second floor balcony, "the knocking game", the medium getting smashed into the table by an unseen force, the kid throwing water in the demon and things flying around the room, the mom getting pulled into the room and pinned to the bed, and... THE FIRE that was talked about so much in PA1! all of these were in "official previews" yet weren't in the movie. instead we got a cult of angry old women?

I was expecting A LOT better and a movie that fit in with the whole back story from the first two movies and help tie them all in together. Also, where was the Epilogue? Like, "Lois' house was sold in 2005 following her death, It was destroyed in a fire in October of 2006. The Bodies of Julie and Dennis have never been found". Anything? Nothing? Some sort of follow up on what we had just seen like in the first two movies?
  5. Oct 27, 2011
    Usually I scare very easily. This one was a real snoozer. Very predictable, and boring. Almost as bad as PA2. I definitely expected more. I don't believe I was the only one. Looking around the the theater, a lot of people found their smart phones more entertaining.
  6. Oct 28, 2011
    Disappointed in this round. It didnt compare to the first two; where you could actually believe these were candid type videos. In this movie, it's just too fake. The "video" quality is way too good to be VHS filmed in the 80's and stored for 23 years or so. Also, the acting seemed like... well, acting! In my opinion, there wasnt enough scare or creepy factor. Too much just day to dayDisappointed in this round. It didnt compare to the first two; where you could actually believe these were candid type videos. In this movie, it's just too fake. The "video" quality is way too good to be VHS filmed in the 80's and stored for 23 years or so. Also, the acting seemed like... well, acting! In my opinion, there wasnt enough scare or creepy factor. Too much just day to day activities going on and it was all just a little too cheesy. However, it did keep my attention for the full movie and I am shocked in myself for wanting a 4th movie... maybe in hopes they can recapture what the first two movies had or just to find out what happened to that baby from the 2nd movie. Expand
  7. Nov 3, 2011
    Mais do mesmo, nada de novo, cenas de susto que já sabemos a hora (tudo parado, alguma coisa vai na tela com barulho), roteiro idiota, final sem sentido. Enfim, LIXO.
  8. Nov 13, 2011
    First of all its a letdown.When i went in that theater i expected to not sleep for a week straight.Instead i wanted to go to sleep by the end.Ya sure there's some parts that made me jump(a little)but besides that it was a waste of time and money. When i walked into the theater there was about 7 people including me.I thought i was early,when the movie started i turned around and there wasFirst of all its a letdown.When i went in that theater i expected to not sleep for a week straight.Instead i wanted to go to sleep by the end.Ya sure there's some parts that made me jump(a little)but besides that it was a waste of time and money. When i walked into the theater there was about 7 people including me.I thought i was early,when the movie started i turned around and there was the same people,and in the middle and end.I bet if you put all the scary parts together its about a 3 min. movie.In the end (when the credits started playing) everyone in the theater(including me) thought half way through they were going to scare you or ther was more.There wasn't.So me and everyone in the theater(7 people) wasted about 5 or 6 min. watching the credits and by the end we all felt like fools. My over all thoughts are that it sucked and me or any one besides ariel schulman could make a better movie. Expand
  9. Feb 11, 2012
    This 3rd installment, and the recently announced 4th, are greedy, bold faced grabs for your money. There is nothing original in this movie, which is to be expected considering the concept has a very limited framework (family sets up camera, things happen, someone believes it, someone doesn't believe it, someone dies). This one waits over an hour to have anything happen, has one of theThis 3rd installment, and the recently announced 4th, are greedy, bold faced grabs for your money. There is nothing original in this movie, which is to be expected considering the concept has a very limited framework (family sets up camera, things happen, someone believes it, someone doesn't believe it, someone dies). This one waits over an hour to have anything happen, has one of the worst set designer/wardrobe combinations ever, (wasn't it supposed to be in the 80's?), and moves into ridiculous territory for it's ending. Typical of Hollywood's "drive a good idea into the ground then kick it a few times" philosophy of late. Save yourself the time and money. Expand
  10. Oct 24, 2011
    Ok im s sucker for reality based horror movies. When the 1st one came out, I could not sleep for a week. It was great. I love it when as movie has that much of a scare effect. The 2nd one came out and I was literally praying to god in the cinema to get me out of here, again loved it. The 3rd one I was like ...ok where are the scenes from the trailer. I am not lying people when I say theOk im s sucker for reality based horror movies. When the 1st one came out, I could not sleep for a week. It was great. I love it when as movie has that much of a scare effect. The 2nd one came out and I was literally praying to god in the cinema to get me out of here, again loved it. The 3rd one I was like ...ok where are the scenes from the trailer. I am not lying people when I say the scariest scenes are in the TRAILER and not the MOVIE. The movie is missing approx 7-8 scenes. This is not acceptable and I feel like its a Marketing tactic to attract cinema seats to be sold and for us to buy the DVD. NOT GOOD Expand
  11. Oct 22, 2011
    I gave this movie and big fat 3! When I saw the trailer for this movie, I though it was awesome! So I went to see the movie and it was complete "BS"! The movie had not shown the scene when the little girls went into the bathroom to play Bloody Mary and when the movie was getting really good in the middle when Katie's hair got pulled, it went back to nothing and then again at the end whenI gave this movie and big fat 3! When I saw the trailer for this movie, I though it was awesome! So I went to see the movie and it was complete "BS"! The movie had not shown the scene when the little girls went into the bathroom to play Bloody Mary and when the movie was getting really good in the middle when Katie's hair got pulled, it went back to nothing and then again at the end when the family had went to the grandmother's home, it got great until all of the sudden out of no where, it ended! The ads on television about the movie were misleading because they said that the last 15 minutes would change your l,ife when the whole movie was nothing! I really want my money back and I advise you not to waste YOUR money at the theater or when it comes out on DVD! Expand
  12. Oct 22, 2011
    Paranormal Activity 3 is simply just more of the same recycled thrills, chills, twists, and shifts from the first two films, except in this case, it's more terrible than terrifying.
  13. Oct 12, 2014
    Worst movie in the universe! don't watch if you don't want to be bored to death! nearly not scary at all! It's not worth anything at all! What's so good about this movie!
  14. Nov 1, 2015
    Otra vez, como la anterior, no ofrece nada nuevo, una precuela poco interesante y que de verdad no da absolutamente nada de miedo, ni siquiera los screamers son buenos, se puede decir que cada película tiene los mismos elementos (los mismos sustos, las mismas muertes y los mismos finales) pero con una historia poco original (una historia que tiene alguna relación con la trama original peroOtra vez, como la anterior, no ofrece nada nuevo, una precuela poco interesante y que de verdad no da absolutamente nada de miedo, ni siquiera los screamers son buenos, se puede decir que cada película tiene los mismos elementos (los mismos sustos, las mismas muertes y los mismos finales) pero con una historia poco original (una historia que tiene alguna relación con la trama original pero que al final sigue siendo poco interesante y aburrida) que supera por muy poca diferencia a su segunda parte, pero sigue ofreciendo lo mismo y no es para nada entretenida. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Oct 21, 2011
    I fully expect Paranormal Activity 3 to be box office gold. But it's barely worth two stars, let alone two cents. As for future followups, I offer this plea: STOP!
  2. Reviewed by: A. A. Dowd
    Oct 21, 2011
    Like its predecessors, Paranormal Activity 3 demands to be seen with a crowd: Being able to hear outbursts of nervous laughter and irrepressible panic ripple through a packed house is the reason movies like this exist.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark Holcomb
    Oct 21, 2011
    The further this series drifts into corporate-franchise territory and away from Peli's inventively cheap, slyly psychosexual conception, the more reasons there are to just stay away.