7.4

1. Sep 28, 2012
    The trailers made this movie look funny and worth seeing. In reality it was neither. Minimal humor which may be because it was obviously not written for adults. Most animated movies contain material for both children and adults, this one didn't. We were so bored we considered leaving or switching to another movie. The look was fine, nothing special. The content was slow, obvious and farThe trailers made this movie look funny and worth seeing. In reality it was neither. Minimal humor which may be because it was obviously not written for adults. Most animated movies contain material for both children and adults, this one didn't. We were so bored we considered leaving or switching to another movie. The look was fine, nothing special. The content was slow, obvious and far too many butt shots. Based on the other ratings here, my date and I am in the minority. This was such a waste of time and money that I'm considering asking the theater for my money back. As it isn't their fault maybe I'll ask Laika. I do leave in the area. Expand
  2. Mar 24, 2013
    This movie just didn't work. The story line sucked, the characters weren't likable, and the concept wasn't good. It's hard for me to believe this actually succeeded.
  3. Sep 30, 2012
    Over hyped beyond belief wow this was a waste of money
  4. Nov 30, 2012
    The number one reason why this movie is bad is lack of a good story movie, it doesn't exist. The scary atmosphere isnt there either. The movie is very boring at times. Animations are very well done, but thats not enough
  5. Oct 14, 2014
    It's hard to knock the premise of ParaNorman. A touch of history with a unique Halloween touch, it's likable and fun. Unfortunately, the film is surprisingly disappointing throughout.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Sep 16, 2012
    It's a likable scary story – with hints of Tim Burton and Steven Spielberg.
  2. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    Sep 10, 2012
    Ingenious and wonderfully detailed, though better in its imaginative horror than its slightly too-broad comic knockabout. It's not quite on the level of Coraline, but it's proper summer fun with some dark delights.
  3. Reviewed by: Jayne Nelson
    Sep 1, 2012
    Gorgeous animation and inspired set design help patch over a lacklustre script. The horror hardcore will enjoy playing spot the homage.