5.0

1. Mar 19, 2014
    i seen parental guidance to many times . But Billy crystal's ways of grandparent skills are funny also his old school methods . sometimes this movie gets old also some parts of this movie are stupid also the end .
  2. Mar 28, 2015
    Decent, funny comedy, but nothing really special. Billy Crystal was very funny. The philosophy of old school vs, new school parenting had some good laughs, etc. But, it was just really average over all. Pleasant, but not memorable.
  3. Jan 12, 2013
    This is a very nice family movie. Gone With The Wind it isn't but Billy and Bette get along famously. It only goes to prove that all of us have dysfunctional families and it's OK. A nice way to spend some time with the kids in the movies. Go and enjoy.
  4. May 24, 2014
    I cannot stand modern critic's hatred for family comedies. This film has plenty of laughs, emotion, and outright charm to keep a family continually coming back for more. The acting is great, the laughs are outstanding, the characters memorable, even the emotional scenes are very well done. The kids in this movie actually do a very good job. My only real criticism is that the emotionalI cannot stand modern critic's hatred for family comedies. This film has plenty of laughs, emotion, and outright charm to keep a family continually coming back for more. The acting is great, the laughs are outstanding, the characters memorable, even the emotional scenes are very well done. The kids in this movie actually do a very good job. My only real criticism is that the emotional scenes are packed in rather tightly near the end, but other than that this is an outstanding family comedy, and one that I shall come back to time and time again. Expand
  5. Nov 22, 2013
    A really enjoyable movie. It's nice to see how the movie shows the distinctions between the previous and modern generations through quite witty comedy. It won't make you laugh out loud, but it'll keep you smiling the whole way through, save for a few excessively cheesy moments. It's story is also quite moving by implementing characters that all have a meaningful story to tell, and it makesA really enjoyable movie. It's nice to see how the movie shows the distinctions between the previous and modern generations through quite witty comedy. It won't make you laugh out loud, but it'll keep you smiling the whole way through, save for a few excessively cheesy moments. It's story is also quite moving by implementing characters that all have a meaningful story to tell, and it makes you take a greater appreciation for your loved ones. Seriously, any movie that can do that in a positive way is worth a view, and Parental Guidance is one of them. Expand
  6. Apr 28, 2013
    An overall refreshing family comedy, Parental Guidance is a moral-filled and hilarious tale for all ages. Billy Crystal and Bette Midler do a wonderful job as grandparents, and the children have memorable personalities. There's also many laugh-out-loud moments and some nice insight on the importance of intergenerational wisdom and remaining close to your family, no matter what theAn overall refreshing family comedy, Parental Guidance is a moral-filled and hilarious tale for all ages. Billy Crystal and Bette Midler do a wonderful job as grandparents, and the children have memorable personalities. There's also many laugh-out-loud moments and some nice insight on the importance of intergenerational wisdom and remaining close to your family, no matter what the circumstances.

Discerning parents do need to know however that despite being free of any language problems or bartending scenes, Crystal and Midler still provide some mostly mild adult humor. Also, there's also a few toilet humor jokes and a few moments of mischief/obnoxiousness. Still though, its a movie parents with kids ages 7 and up will enjoy.

For a more detailed review, visit www.moviestakenseriously.blogspot.com.
  7. Oct 2, 2013
    Funny and heartwarming comedy about kids, parents, and grandparents. Realistic while exploring all the relationships such as mom & daughter, older mom & grown up daughter, grown up daughter with older dad, and the relationships each child has with his grandma and grandpa.

Also explores older marital situations and marital situations for current parents raising kids. Well done and most people I talk to love this movie, but the ones that do not tend to like it think heartwarming is all bull or "Hollywood". I see heartwarming things every day with my kids, this movie helps those try to find those situations in their own life.
  8. Jun 13, 2013
    Great movie for the family. It is full of humor and very heartwarming. I love that the movie was very relatable to your own family experiences as well.
  9. Dec 26, 2012
    Funny as hell I thought. Crystal, Midler and Tomei are spot on. So what if the story is schmaltzy. It made me laugh a lot. What's a comedy supposed to do?
  10. Jul 6, 2013
    It is hard to find a movie these days that one can watch and not see sex, violence, drugs or inappropriate language. Having a younger child I rented this movie for our movie night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The combination of Billy Crystal's comedian nature and real life scenarios had me laughing and comparing it to my own life. The little league game was spot on with the way they playIt is hard to find a movie these days that one can watch and not see sex, violence, drugs or inappropriate language. Having a younger child I rented this movie for our movie night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The combination of Billy Crystal's comedian nature and real life scenarios had me laughing and comparing it to my own life. The little league game was spot on with the way they play it around the country and I feel is ridiculous. The movie was not high budget or have the action packed scenes that most people are looking for in a movie but what it did have was something more. It had a kids sense of humor built into it so the young ones would stay interested and a plot that most middle ages parents and grandparents could relate to. Yes the jokes and one liners were a bit on the childish side but that is how it was designed. This is not a movie written for mature adult audiences but for kids so keep that in mind if you plan on watching it without children around. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emma Dibdin
    Jan 11, 2013
    The kids are charmless, the writing is bland, and the embarrassing jokes sound like nails down a blackboard.
    Parental Guidance is one of those intergenerational embarrassment comedies in the "Meet the Fockers" line, where children can enjoy seeing grown-ups looking ridiculous.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Phillips
    Dec 31, 2012
    The pathos: considerable. The sight gags, involving Crystal puking chili dog on a kid's face, or the grandson with an imaginary friend peeing and causing an X Games skateboarder to wipe out: artless. The results: tolerably amusing.