5.0

1. Jan 23, 2014
    Billy Crystal's main attempt at comedy is his failure to move along with a new age, and his voice. A weak script, rather disdainful and annoying acting by the cast, especially Marisa Tomei. In fact, the family just seems to be the typical case of dysfunction, thus making the film a pathetic slapstick comedy, similar to Sandler films. It's boring, weak, and overall, unfunny to a serious point.
  2. Jul 19, 2013
    It's hard for me to hate on a family friendly movie with a sweet side like this one, especially when movies are getting super vulgar now days. But Parental Guidance fails to bring laughs and fails to hook you with it's emotional side. This makes the movie super boring. Add in the fact that this is aimed at families with kids of all ages and its failure makes it all the more sad. As much as it pains me to say Parental Guidance is not worth your time. You can safely pass on this one. Expand
  3. Jul 2, 2013
    la película guarda un buen mensaje pero no una buena trayectoria.
    Un mensaje que se intenta sacar a los padres, y se logra sacar; el problema es la comedia
  4. Jun 30, 2013
    This movie is of course a dumb comedy meant for little kids. There's really no reason to watch it, but it wasn't as horrendous as I had feared. Most of the jokes are pretty stupid and the characters can really start to grate the nerves at times. I did like how the movie showed that modern children have no discipline, and Crystal's bewilderment at someone even mentioning Facebook or twitter was somewhat amusing, but these things can't save it from predictability, blandness, and annoying characters. However, if you are forced to watch it, it won't kill you. Expand
  5. May 31, 2013
    Has some enjoyable moments, but mostly just an ego trip for Billy Crystal's ability to make one-liners. Overall, it's forgettable and only manages to squeeze three or four laughs out of me. Not terrible, but pretty bad and one of Billy Crystal's worst movies.
  6. Apr 9, 2013
    I had to come to this movie mainly because my friend was going and I thought it would be a nice funny movie. It turned out to be a very predictable cheesy movie. Not good!
  7. Mar 23, 2013
    Parental Guidance starts with promising first 10 minutes but finishes as dime-a-dozen family comedy. Good, clean fun and pulling some heartstrings along the way guaranteed.
  8. Feb 25, 2013
    Not only completely unfunny, Parental Guidance is repetitive, uninteresting and annoying. This new Billy Crystal family "comedy" is wrong in every sense. It´s frenetic, yet it has no rhythm. There are absolutely no gags in this "screenplay" with absolutely no structure. It´s filled with cliches; 5 minutes-in, you can guess what´s going to happen in the last scene. Basically, this film is garbage. Expand
  9. Feb 15, 2013
    Billy crystal in a crappy kids film? Seriously....... This was a really bad film. Very bad. It was not even a great kids film...... It's was garbage. The end is predictable, the kids don't make everything funny and billy crystal sucks at being a grandpa. 0/10 for me. I suggest you stay away from this film...
  10. Jan 10, 2013
    These movies are getting duller and this movie was a waste of 100 minutes. Sadly there is no comedy and would be better if they changed the story-line. Adam Sandler would make this movie better but the cast we never knew appears in the limelight. Terrible and no fun, the Trailer can not show the real things, practically ruined Flickman's career.
  11. Jan 10, 2013
    Crystal and Midler have both done great films in the past so what happened? Not much in this movie. Your typical crude in poor taste comedy, except this one is not funny either. Crystal's classic one liners over the situation around him are kept to a minimum and the life the kids have is less realistic than a cartoon. This movie plays out like a poor Adams Family sequel where the good actors were replaced by poor low paid imitators. The poopie song was kinda funny though so I bumped it up to a 3. Collapse
  12. Dec 31, 2012
    This movie is full of crap! It is not funny at all it is so stupid. Some parts almost made me giggle out loud but the jokes were crap. In fact, they were so crappy that they made me laugh over its stupidity. Hate this movie a lot. Don't watch it.
  13. Dec 26, 2012
    Sad and stupid little movie. Billy Crystal must have naked photos of the studio execs in compromising positions. otherwise this film never gets made. I wanted to laugh but instead I was filled with a sense of loathing for Hollywood. This movie is worth seeing just to test your pain threshold. As a point of reference I also thought City Slickers was unfunny. Lighting your money on fire would be a better use of funds than investing in this garbage. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emma Dibdin
    Jan 11, 2013
    The kids are charmless, the writing is bland, and the embarrassing jokes sound like nails down a blackboard.
    Parental Guidance is one of those intergenerational embarrassment comedies in the "Meet the Fockers" line, where children can enjoy seeing grown-ups looking ridiculous.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Phillips
    Dec 31, 2012
    The pathos: considerable. The sight gags, involving Crystal puking chili dog on a kid's face, or the grandson with an imaginary friend peeing and causing an X Games skateboarder to wipe out: artless. The results: tolerably amusing.