Paris, je t'aime

7.0

1. MikeF.
    Jun 24, 2007
    An acquired taste, but this ensemble of directors is simply beautiful.
  2. Aug 17, 2010
    Paris je t'aime is truly a breath of fresh air. Many modern American movies are thick with plot, drama and action just for sake of having a discernible 'wow' factor, but Paris je t'aime is a clever little movie that is really just a combination of short love stories that take place within Paris--ranging anywhere from divorce, to monster love, to love of a child.

It was great to go to a

It was great to go to a movie and not have to invest so much of myself to it. The stories are so diverse that you really get to experience a wide variety of lives and situations, a few of which are bound to touch you in some way.
  3. EdwardR.
    Jun 13, 2007
    Excellent movie. Some of these shorts are unique, powerful, and haunting. Paris on film has never looked so beautiful...makes you fall in love with it all over again.
  4. ValerieW.
    Jul 19, 2007
    Like a book of great short stories, only on film. It was so interesting to see each director's take on Paris. Even the ones I didn't like still added to the overall effect of the movie. Great song at the end - "We're All in the Dance".
  5. MargaretC
    Aug 7, 2007
    I agree with earlier views in that "Some segments are easily dismissed" and as a whole about three or four segments could have been left out and the movie would have run much smoother. But those segments that took you in, captured you. That is what made the movie so worth seeing.
  6. JoeJoeH
    Jul 26, 2007
    I will admit this movie didn't really get to me until about halfway through. Up until that point I thought many of the stories were nice ideas but not good short films. They felt trite, stunted, and underdeveloped. Then at a little over halfway through something changed and each segment got better and better until the final film which was worth the price of admission (in my opinion). I will admit this movie didn't really get to me until about halfway through. Up until that point I thought many of the stories were nice ideas but not good short films. They felt trite, stunted, and underdeveloped. Then at a little over halfway through something changed and each segment got better and better until the final film which was worth the price of admission (in my opinion). Also, the "coffee" segment moved me more than movies 10 times its length. Expand
  7. PatrickF
    Jul 21, 2007
    Add one if you're a Francophile, subtract one if you took the Freedom Fries thing seriously, because this is basically an eighteen-stanza love letter to Paris. Some segments are easily dismissed (Maggie Gyllenhaal's is especially forgettable), some are priceless (Steve Buscemi in the Metro), some are heartbreaking (just try getting a cup of coffee afterwards). As a whole, there Add one if you're a Francophile, subtract one if you took the Freedom Fries thing seriously, because this is basically an eighteen-stanza love letter to Paris. Some segments are easily dismissed (Maggie Gyllenhaal's is especially forgettable), some are priceless (Steve Buscemi in the Metro), some are heartbreaking (just try getting a cup of coffee afterwards). As a whole, there are far worse ways to spend an evening. Collapse
  8. Aug 27, 2014
    The collection of vignettes features notable sketches with many well-known actors--some of them taking their hand at directing. Nearly each vignette is either pleasant or moving on its own, and together it's a wonderful showcase in Paris.
  9. Nov 1, 2012
    There isn't one vignette that deserves more than a seven (many of them deserve less), but "Paris Je T'aime" none the less is frothy fun to be had which lets us observe the City of Lights with a certain beauty you don't see too often in French films. Featuring wonderful American (and English) actors, like Natalie Portman, Willem Dafoe, Emily Mortimer, etc., French actors Fanny Ardant,There isn't one vignette that deserves more than a seven (many of them deserve less), but "Paris Je T'aime" none the less is frothy fun to be had which lets us observe the City of Lights with a certain beauty you don't see too often in French films. Featuring wonderful American (and English) actors, like Natalie Portman, Willem Dafoe, Emily Mortimer, etc., French actors Fanny Ardant, Ludivine Sagnier, Juliette Binoche, etc., and a bevy of fine directors like the Coen Brothers, Wes Craven, Tom Twyker, etc., "Paris Je T'aime" is always interesting because you never know what to expect. Expand

1. Most features composed of sketches by different filmmakers are wildly uneven. This one is consistently mediocre or slightly better, albeit pleasant and watchable. It helps that none of the episodes runs longer than five or six minutes.
  2. Being in Paris is to be inside a work of art, and it is no surprise that in the charming collection of vignettes that make up Paris je t'aime, the art is love.
  3. Reviewed by: l
    Uneven but quite pleasant as a two-hour experience that acknowledges the idealized Paris people carry in their heads while wisely veering off the beaten track.