5.8

1. Jan 25, 2013
    Just your regular Statham movie. Nothing new, just all the same as before, no point lots of violence.
  2. Mar 18, 2013
    Horrible. I never go to see these type of mediocre films but I was forced by a friend. The good thing about this brainless action films is they are usually short. I was shocked when I knew I had to endure 2 hours in the theatre. First time seeing a film with this actor called Statham... well, he´s not an actor, he just shows his face and that´s it. Horrible. The plot is so ridiculous and tired. Most of the time you don´t care what the characters are doing. About Jennifer Lopez: she just can´t appear in a good film even if her life depended on it. She adds a little bit of spark to the horrendous film but we all know she is a decent actress at best, so nothing good can be said about this. Expand
  3. Feb 4, 2013
    My expectations weren't high going in and they were met. Sometimes I too enjoy a mindless action flick like most guys, but this one bored me. What's more the makers obviously wanted the audience to sympathize with a psychopathic murderous thief. It doesn't work on any level.
  4. Nov 1, 2013
    I really like Jason Statham as an action movie actor, but he is playing in worse and worse movies. Parker has one, two good action scenes and that was it. Jennifer Lopez role is a dumb divorced woman, who seems to have get rid of any logic.
  5. Aug 27, 2013
    The Latest Jason Statham film to come along feels just like the last one except for one key detail, it actually starts with a thoroughly enjoyable heist set piece before settling into its tale of mediocrity. When career criminal Parker (Staham) is double crossed by his team and left for dead he vows revenge and head out to track them down. However he needs the help of down on her luck Realtor Leslie (Jennifer Lopez) to find them. Unlike Safe which found a nice way of incorporating Statham's patented violent but ever so nice hero into a story with him protecting a young girl but in Parker there is no rhyme or reason for anything he does. A simple revenge thriller is unfortunately complicated by the addition of the terrible Lopez who is far from her Karen Sisko days in Out of Sight. Staham who is no Daniel Day Lewis himself is forced to sit through dull scene after dull scene of Lopez chewing the furniture ad irritating the viewer. It's a thoroughly stupid, poorly thought out thriller that grips you with its opening but leaves you bored almost 10 minutes later. Expand
  6. Jun 3, 2013
    I agree with TheGeorgrapher52, It's just another generic Jason Statham movie. The acting is fine but they failed to use the star studded cast to their full potential. The plot is very weak and straight forward, Not to mention predictable. The action isn't that good either. It's watchable but that's about it.
  7. Jan 26, 2013
    "Parker" is a very poorly written movie with an uninteresting plot whose only saving grace are the action sequences. The first half was alright, but as soon as the subplot involving Jennifer Lopez, whose character is meant to provide comedic relief, begins about 1 hour in it takes a huge turn for the worse. Statham is a decent actor who has done much better movies and without him this would be a total flop. Lopez on the other hand was simply terrible, though not all of it was her fault because even the concept of her character was ridiculously stupid. Overall it is far too long for the script potential, Lopez's character was an awful addition, and the fact that the movie tries to be funny and serious at the same time all combine to make for a pretty bad experience. So in the end, a low brow flick that I would not recommend at all. Expand
  8. Mar 13, 2013
    Good old Jason Statham. He's made quite a few movies as the though but moral hardman who lives by a strict guideline. And yet when I think of his best roles I think of Snatch, Lock Stock & Mean Machine all films where he shows more comic timing than you might expect. And its something that Parker could have done with.

This is an action thriller that really should have been made in the
    80's. It needs its tongue to stick a little more out of its check. The action scenes are done very well (one scene with a knife and a balcony is great) but thats to be expected from JS. He has a likeable charisma and just about carries the character of parker. They also have Michael Chiklis as chief villain he's a good fit for the role but doesn't get used enough for me. Instead of getting some fun, silly grandstanding from both guys, we get a more serious take on things which takes away from the mood rather than adds. The problem is the overall plot is rather silly. Thats not a bad thing as such but the film seems to want to play things very straight where a lighter touch would have helped things along much better in my mind.

I haven't mentioned J-lo yet and there's a reason. She adds nothing. At all. She lacks the charm for the role and (no offence obviously) but she seems too pretty and confident for a character who is, essential down on their look and desperate for a break from life. Really not sure what her character is meant to bring to the film she's not a love interest, she's doesn't bring fun or laughs and she fails at bringing sympathy. She's not even really a damsel in distress. The film would work pretty much ok without her.

Parker could have been better but as it is, it's not really worth bothering with. It's also quite long for a film of it's type and I reckon you may just be too bored by the end.
  9. Aug 3, 2013
    Jason Statham doesn't hold much of a screen presence, no matter how hard he tries, and unfortunately, Parker is just another dumb action flick that should've been on basic cable.
  10. Jan 3, 2014
    Ruim mal feito e sem história, Parker daqueles filmes que tratam seu espctador com um idiota na verdade essa péssima película não deveria ter nenhuma expectador.
  11. Jul 31, 2013
    Am I the only one to think it was just a waste of money and time? I have always wondered how a movie like that, can possibly be produced and distributed. But even worse, there's someone who liked it..
  12. Jun 3, 2013
    Nothing exciting here just a plain boring action movie. There is no reason for this movie to be seen, the acting is decent, but the script is poor. Why is Jennifer Lopez in this movie her character is meaningless.
  13. Mar 31, 2013
    This movie never really stood a chance what with Jennifer Lopez in it to start with, her wooden acting asks the question Why When there are so many talented actors out there and of course that leaves Statham who grunts his way through yet another badly cast film, had these two not been cast the film might have done well but poor old Jason appears unable to act differently, regardless of the script, he is the same in every film, hardly an acting challenge, and far from a good or fair film. Collapse
  14. Oct 24, 2014
    Looked good on the trailer but we have seen it all before. Statham returns as a one man show out for revenge. If his character was called 'Frank' it would have been Deja Vu.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Sobczynski
    Sep 9, 2014
    The best things about Parker are the two lead actors. Although working with material that is lackluster even by his standards, Statham manages to demonstrate a commanding screen presence that cannot be dismissed. Opposite him, Lopez delivers one of her more convincing performances.
  2. Reviewed by: David Hughes
    Mar 4, 2013
    Fifty years after he first appeared, Donald E. Westlake’s antihero may have found his perfect avatar. Like Parker’s robberies, it isn’t entirely successful, but Statham and Lopez make enticingly mismatched partners in crime.
  3. Reviewed by: Laremy Legel
    Feb 26, 2013
    Sometimes in life, simple pleasures can be rewarding, and that’s certainly the case here. Parker is not a particularly innovative film, but it’s no less effective for the blemish.