7.3

1. JaredB.
    Feb 24, 2004
    This movie is great! Along the lines of Velvet Goldmine! Macaulay, Seth, and Wilmer did amazing jobs with their characters! If you aren't interested in this movie before you see it, you may not like it, but give it a chance! It is one of the best movies made in quite some time! Do some research on the real life club kids, it makes the movie that much more interesting!! Great Movie solid 9!!
  2. SeanS.
    Sep 26, 2004
    They are able to perform their roles in a sufficient and believeable manner. It gave me some good laughs, and I enjoyed the movie.
  3. PaulScottodiP.
    Oct 13, 2003
    The movie is OK. It's not that great for a person who never partied, or never was into the "so called: Club Scene." It is pretty different from the book written on K by James Saint James: "Disco Bloodbath." The locations are different, the people are less interesting, and the ways of pervetion are also quite different. However, this film recreates pretty well the atmosphere of the The movie is OK. It's not that great for a person who never partied, or never was into the "so called: Club Scene." It is pretty different from the book written on K by James Saint James: "Disco Bloodbath." The locations are different, the people are less interesting, and the ways of pervetion are also quite different. However, this film recreates pretty well the atmosphere of the NYC that a lot of people are missing (I am not!). I give it an 8/10 just because the performances by Culkin and Green were pretty good, I though! I mean, come on, playing Gay crackheads isn't that easy to do for 2 young straight guys! Green was brilliant! Expand
  4. GregT.
    Mar 9, 2004
    Macaulay Culkin and Seth Green both did very good acting jobs playing these confused, drugged up party boys. Culkin must have been only around 22 years old when he did this movie. He has a lot of potential in the future. Worth renting if you want to see the 1980's New York Metrosexual party scene.
  5. SenicaG.
    Sep 26, 2004
    The portrayal of each character in this film was absolutely spectacular. The simplest display of mannerisms added depth to each actor?s performance greatly. Habits such as Macaulay's infectious laugh as Michael Alig, Marilyn's dangling ciggy as a personality trait for his character of Kristina, and Seth Green's slight hand gesture of gently sliding his bangs to the side The portrayal of each character in this film was absolutely spectacular. The simplest display of mannerisms added depth to each actor?s performance greatly. Habits such as Macaulay's infectious laugh as Michael Alig, Marilyn's dangling ciggy as a personality trait for his character of Kristina, and Seth Green's slight hand gesture of gently sliding his bangs to the side each time he takes a hit. It all came together to create a powerful film. The way it was filmed gave an eighties atmosphere, and because of this and much more it pushed the film to an even higher level of authenticity. I do, however, understand and recognize that if you are not familiar with any aspect of that world it could mean nothing to you. Be that as it may ... I loved it, and I find it to be one of my favorite films today. Expand
  6. ErinS.
    Sep 26, 2004
    I like the way Seth Green dances.
  7. annab.
    Mar 31, 2005
    Sick movie. wow.
  8. JenyL.
    Sep 18, 2006
    I just loved this movie! It had the perfect cast.. the only word I can think of to say is that it was FABULOUS!!!
  9. EricaG.
    Feb 22, 2004
    Good stuff!
  10. FrancescaA.
    Mar 11, 2004
    I thought it was amazing, the music and costumes were out of this world. It was nice to see Macauly Culkin play a different character.
  11. BluLight
    Mar 12, 2004
    The movie doesn't go to as much detail as the book but if you like to read the book that goes to this movie is called DISCO BLOODBATH it is a bad ass book ENJOY.
  12. BrandonT.
    Apr 12, 2006
    This is my favorite movie of all time, for those of you who like it, you can see that they also ranked it out of 10! This movie inspired me to read the novel disco bloodbath by james st. james which is even more impressive. All the actors successfully captured the real emotions of each person. After becoming somewhat of a party monster junkie I have done alot of research, found many This is my favorite movie of all time, for those of you who like it, you can see that they also ranked it out of 10! This movie inspired me to read the novel disco bloodbath by james st. james which is even more impressive. All the actors successfully captured the real emotions of each person. After becoming somewhat of a party monster junkie I have done alot of research, found many videos and photos of the actual club kids and the movie does an excellent job at properly portraying them. But what makes this movie not only a work of media art but also a plain old good movie is that it is a true story. For anyone that sais it is a bad movie, you must have a very simple mind and life, because these guys are living in what was and still is a reality. Awesome movie! Expand
  13. Feb 7, 2011
    Absolutely a PERFECT rendition of Disco Bloodbath by James St. James. Anyone who has the pleasure of reading his novel would agree...and he (James St. James) even made an appearance with some of the other club kids!! (need to look hard though)

1. As stagy and awkward as some of the Warhol/Morrissey films of the early '70s.
  2. Reviewed by: D.W. Smith
    Overall, I have to recommend the film for its alternate take on the whole "Leaving Las Vegas," "Basketball Diaries," "Less Than Zero" drug-induced tragedy genre.
    There's really only one reason to see Party Monster, and that's Seth Green's scene-stealing performance as former (and somewhat reluctant) New York club kid James St. James, the boy who would be queen.