5.0

1. Nov 16, 2013
    Mall Cop arrests you with poor jokes.
    The premise of the film is okay at best, and the comedy isn't there as Happy Madison once again struggles to piece a movie together. The plot is fine until a ridiculous ending, and the overall product is something poor that could have been alright.
  2. May 11, 2013
    Kevin James has potential somewhat (see Grown ups, Hitch, I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry) but Paul Blart: Mall Cop squanders his ability to make audiences laugh and proves he cannot carry this unfunny script as an awkward, terrified mall cop. This movie is quite simply boring, dumbed down and leaves little to the imagination. James should stick to pairing alongside Sandler in movies,Kevin James has potential somewhat (see Grown ups, Hitch, I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry) but Paul Blart: Mall Cop squanders his ability to make audiences laugh and proves he cannot carry this unfunny script as an awkward, terrified mall cop. This movie is quite simply boring, dumbed down and leaves little to the imagination. James should stick to pairing alongside Sandler in movies, he ultimately fails on his own. Expand
  3. collinc
    Jan 17, 2009
    Kinda funny. Mostly terrible. Mind you, Jayma Mays is ridiculously beautiful. It's just that, I don't want that to be the ONLY thing I remember leaving the movie. It was really really bad. James is funny and a great comedian. However, it's not okay to just be ridiculous and plain. It has to have a style. Don't make me mention the fact that nearly all the actors (save Kinda funny. Mostly terrible. Mind you, Jayma Mays is ridiculously beautiful. It's just that, I don't want that to be the ONLY thing I remember leaving the movie. It was really really bad. James is funny and a great comedian. However, it's not okay to just be ridiculous and plain. It has to have a style. Don't make me mention the fact that nearly all the actors (save James, Mays, and maybe a couple more here and there) were absolutely awful. Expand
  4. PeterA
    Jan 24, 2009
    It's another one of those could be funny movies but it takes no risks and the majority of the jokes were in the trailer.
  5. AlexO
    Jun 24, 2009
    I don't mind a dumb comedy with occasional yuk yuk laughs, but this one had none. It appears that Kevin James and Co were trying to make a slapstick version of DieHard. Didn't work. Avoid at all costs.
  6. Lauren
    Jun 29, 2009
    My stupid friends thought this was hilairous. i beg to differ, it is the most bland, crummy comedy i have ever seen. Kevin James is so unfunny, and i wished i had not seen it. It's so not funny if your acting, because all and all... it's just stupid.
  7. arbie
    Jan 22, 2009
    All the big, bad tells for this stinker are in the marketing. Promoted ceaselessly throughout the holidays instead of being released during the holidays. Calling itself "the #1 movie in America" immediately after release but with not even sold junket quotes saying the sort of generic crap that larger budget films can at least sell and use for the opening release weekend. Uncreative TV All the big, bad tells for this stinker are in the marketing. Promoted ceaselessly throughout the holidays instead of being released during the holidays. Calling itself "the #1 movie in America" immediately after release but with not even sold junket quotes saying the sort of generic crap that larger budget films can at least sell and use for the opening release weekend. Uncreative TV spots that use the same clips for two full months, despite more than five versions. I feel bad for the lead actor since this prevents him from ever being lead material -- not that he did anything but drag down Hitch -- but bad movies need to bomb for a reason. So that they don't get made as often, or as poorly. The ONE REASON this film exists is because the paper-thin mall cop concept could be sold at the executive level as a quick cash-in on teenagers who identify with teenage stuff and hang out at malls, "and stuff." Expand
  8. Aug 27, 2010
    It would have been easy to laugh at Paul Blart, Mall Cop if the whole movie didn't go to such painstaking lengths to make him so pitiful. I have to wonder why the writers wasted effort on either end.
  9. Oct 15, 2010
    Terribly, terribly unfunny. It isn't offensive in the sense that the humor is lewd, rather the fact that the humor is so derivative, juvenile, and safe. Kevin James is above this. His stand-up is very funny, and "The King of Queens" had its moments, despite going on for what seems like an eternity. In fact, James is above every film I've seen him in.
  10. Nov 23, 2011
    Pretty boring if you ask me. Paul Blart is another crappy comedy from Happy Madison and it shows how unoriginal they are when they released this film. No real funny parts, Acting is poor, and the entire film is boring.
  11. Jun 12, 2011
    Ugh, the funny parts in here are very boring,tho, is not mature at all, maybe kids will like this. To bad,, almost everything failed to make me laugh at loud.
  12. Aug 26, 2011
    This is the epitome of lazy comedy. We have one joke, Paul is fat. Let's try to stretch that for a full movie. It didn't work. Believe me, it didn't work.
  13. Jan 7, 2015
    Based on the 1 minute I saw of this garbage, avoid at all costs. The most annoying thing is they give the lead a segway to drive around on for his depressing mall job, when a walk would do the fat **** some good. A movie set in a mall, all plastic and depressing as hell
  14. matthewa.
    Jan 27, 2009
    The real question is how any self-respecting critic could give this movie a "green" rating. Each of them should lose their job immediately.
  15. MaryH
    May 17, 2009
    Ugh. Even my 8 year old twins wanted to walk out after 15 minutes of one offensive fat joke after another and the first fight scene where bystanders gag at the sight of *gasp* the stomach of a woman over size 10. Also, the plot that focuses entirely on fat people as gullible, unlovable, stupid, lazy, rude, smelly, disgusting, untouchable.... My slender son insisted on walking out because Ugh. Even my 8 year old twins wanted to walk out after 15 minutes of one offensive fat joke after another and the first fight scene where bystanders gag at the sight of *gasp* the stomach of a woman over size 10. Also, the plot that focuses entirely on fat people as gullible, unlovable, stupid, lazy, rude, smelly, disgusting, untouchable.... My slender son insisted on walking out because "This movie is too mean to fat people!" In addition, a forty-something man pursuing a teenager romantically was just creepy. Not because he was fat (though by no means ugly) and she was underweight, but because of the fact that she was four or five years older than his daughter!! All around nasty. Expand
  16. RivenY
    May 29, 2009
    Cheeziest movie ever. Not funny at all.
  17. SuleimanM.
    Jun 14, 2009
    Blart is a decent attempt at a comedy starring James, however, while the movie does offer you a couple of cheap laughs, the end product ultimately falls flat.
  18. Joez
    Jun 18, 2009
    The fat man from King of Queens is just not funny. He proved it in King of Queens and, lo and behold, he proved it again with this crap.
  19. SteveV.
    Feb 28, 2009
    This is the first movie in years that I have walked out of. After 40 minutes of hoping it would turn the corner and get better the pain just continued.
  20. Dec 26, 2010
    I went into this movie with low expectations , and yet I still came put disappointed. With a story line that hardly keeps you interested, the same jokes over and over, and characters you don't care the least bit about, mall cop isn't even a fun stupid move. It will bore you.
  21. Jul 10, 2011
    Painfully unfunny, riddled with cliches, and the implausibly of the whole movie was a complete joke. "Oh hi Mr. Young New Guy With A Mean Demeanor Who Is Obviously The Bad Guy." Is there anything Hollywood won't do to retell the same plot line in a different setting and with different characters? I like Kevin James, but the roles he gets are just awful and don't do him any kind of favors.
  22. Dec 31, 2011
    It was just so stupid imo. Its never really funny besides the occasional fat joke or something similar to that. It also had no creativity to it, It was painfully straight forward. I cant stand this film.
  23. May 3, 2012
    This movie came out the same year as observe and report. They have the same story plot, but this movie is full of everything you'd expect. It's very possible to know whats going to happen from the trailer.
  24. Jul 29, 2012
    Its a real s**t film. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2.0/10
  25. Aug 25, 2012
    An awful film, Paul Blart: Mall Cop is just another reason why Kevin James should never have a starring role in any film. He needs a much better actor to carry him through nearly ever film he has ever been in.
  26. May 1, 2015
    No big throw
    Kevin James has shown his skill in King of queens. He strives himself to revalue himself here obviously from the film.
    But the ridiculous screenplay and the weak story break everything.
    The film is not still worth seeing tolerably, unfortunately.
  27. Apr 16, 2015
    Just..... ugh. Kevin James CAN be funny at times and there are a couple of chuckles in this movie, but unless you LOVE Kevin James movies, skip it. It is not worth your time.
  28. Sep 6, 2014
    It's just so boring and unfunny. I almost never rate movies this low, but I'm doing it on this one. I'm a huge fan of happy Madison but this was a lazy effort from them and I'm very disappointed. Steer well clear of this one please.
  29. May 1, 2015
    What of the most difficult comedies to sit through! It's not funny when the main character falls, faints or does stupid stuff, it is not funny when Kevin James says cheap jokes. This comedy is waste of humor and basically the cast sucks. Another sappy comedy when Sandler's production company (Happy Madison) wastes talent comedic actors to this garbage material, even people like James areWhat of the most difficult comedies to sit through! It's not funny when the main character falls, faints or does stupid stuff, it is not funny when Kevin James says cheap jokes. This comedy is waste of humor and basically the cast sucks. Another sappy comedy when Sandler's production company (Happy Madison) wastes talent comedic actors to this garbage material, even people like James are talented it takes a script to ruin it all. Let's not forget the action scenes holy **** there so bad Grade D- Expand

1. Reviewed by: Adam Markovitz
    Has a few surprises in store. The biggest is James, an unexpectedly nimble master of the face-plant, the failed jump, and the lopsided tumble.
    It's as slam-bang preposterous as any R-rated comedy you can name. It's just that Paul Blart and the film's other characters don't feel the need to use the f-word as the building block of every sentence.
  3. Reviewed by: Luke Y. Thompson
    Done as an all-out battle to the death, this could have been an entertaining mix of "Die Hard" and "The A-Team."