4.9

1. Apr 17, 2011
    I thought this was funny the first time i saw it. The second time it couldn't make me laugh. Most comedies can do that (ex- The Hangover, Zombieland, Ghostbusters). Overall it was a decent movie.
  2. Aug 27, 2010
    It would have been easy to laugh at Paul Blart, Mall Cop if the whole movie didn't go to such painstaking lengths to make him so pitiful. I have to wonder why the writers wasted effort on either end.
  3. Dec 28, 2010
    Had it been slightly longer, it would've been the perfect comedy movie. No sex. No adult material. A comedy I can actually feel comfortable watching with my family.
  4. Oct 15, 2010
    Terribly, terribly unfunny. It isn't offensive in the sense that the humor is lewd, rather the fact that the humor is so derivative, juvenile, and safe. Kevin James is above this. His stand-up is very funny, and "The King of Queens" had its moments, despite going on for what seems like an eternity. In fact, James is above every film I've seen him in.
  5. Nov 23, 2011
    Pretty boring if you ask me. Paul Blart is another crappy comedy from Happy Madison and it shows how unoriginal they are when they released this film. No real funny parts, Acting is poor, and the entire film is boring.
  6. Nov 10, 2010
    I was kinda let down with this one. I was really expecting more from an Adam Sandler film starring Kevin James. I may've laughed a time or two but thought it could've been much better.
  7. Feb 19, 2011
    An enjoyable movie with very little swearing or sex jokes, and it's ultimately really funny, and it's got a pretty good story, all in all it's one I would recommend seeing
  8. Dec 26, 2010
    I went into this movie with low expectations , and yet I still came put disappointed. With a story line that hardly keeps you interested, the same jokes over and over, and characters you don't care the least bit about, mall cop isn't even a fun stupid move. It will bore you.
  9. Jan 14, 2011
    It was good. The humour was ok but it could have been more realistic and the end plot was kind of cheesy. It's still pretty good.
  10. Jan 31, 2011
    although the film has multiple dull spots, it's genuinely an agreeabley, less cruder happy madison film starring the big, lovable king of queens, kevin james.
  11. Feb 27, 2011
    My wife and I were having a tough work week and we wanted to see a film that required no thought, and would just be plain funny. We got exactly what we wanted and more. It was surprisingly funny and Kevin James was great.
  12. Jun 28, 2011
    This film, after some 2 and a half years of non-stop determining, was my sleeper hit of 2009. I watched it with a few friends expecting a cheap laugh or two from the film and a great time with my bros. Instead I got a few laughs and an overall clumsy yet charming kids movie.
  13. Jun 12, 2011
    Ugh, the funny parts in here are very boring,tho, is not mature at all, maybe kids will like this. To bad,, almost everything failed to make me laugh at loud.
  14. Jul 10, 2011
    Painfully unfunny, riddled with cliches, and the implausibly of the whole movie was a complete joke. "Oh hi Mr. Young New Guy With A Mean Demeanor Who Is Obviously The Bad Guy." Is there anything Hollywood won't do to retell the same plot line in a different setting and with different characters? I like Kevin James, but the roles he gets are just awful and don't do him any kind of favors.
  15. Aug 26, 2011
    This is the epitome of lazy comedy. We have one joke, Paul is fat. Let's try to stretch that for a full movie. It didn't work. Believe me, it didn't work.
  16. Dec 17, 2011
    This action comedy is awesome, entertaining, and funny throughout. An unexpected story and a great performance by Kevin James make this an enjoyable comedy.
  17. Dec 31, 2011
    It was just so stupid imo. Its never really funny besides the occasional fat joke or something similar to that. It also had no creativity to it, It was painfully straight forward. I cant stand this film.
  18. May 3, 2012
    This movie came out the same year as observe and report. They have the same story plot, but this movie is full of everything you'd expect. It's very possible to know whats going to happen from the trailer.
  19. Jul 29, 2012
    Its a real s**t film. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2.0/10
  20. Aug 25, 2012
    An awful film, Paul Blart: Mall Cop is just another reason why Kevin James should never have a starring role in any film. He needs a much better actor to carry him through nearly ever film he has ever been in.
  21. Jun 28, 2013
    It's a likeable movie, but nothing truly special. It has a couple funny moments, like when Paul gets drunk, but a lot of the humor falls pretty flat. There's too many fat jokes, which don't offend me because I'm skinny, but aren't very funny anyways. However it was kind of fun seeing Kevin James take out the bad guys, and the happy, although predictable, ending was a plus. There's just too much humor which falls really flat. There's no joke that will stay with you after the movie is over, and in a comedy that's not a good thing. Expand
  22. May 11, 2013
    Kevin James has potential somewhat (see Grown ups, Hitch, I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry) but Paul Blart: Mall Cop squanders his ability to make audiences laugh and proves he cannot carry this unfunny script as an awkward, terrified mall cop. This movie is quite simply boring, dumbed down and leaves little to the imagination. James should stick to pairing alongside Sandler in movies, he ultimately fails on his own. Expand
  23. Aug 30, 2013
    It's surprisingly funny. It's well-acted. It's a good movie to watch with your family or friends! I really enjoyed it!!! Do not miss it!!!!! Bravo!! Excellent!!
  24. Mar 9, 2014
    Paul Blart: Mall Cop is surprisingly funny in its PG humor ways, but might've been better with a higher rating. A movie like this could've been more vulgar and more intense than the actual film.
  25. Nov 16, 2013
    Mall Cop arrests you with poor jokes.
    The premise of the film is okay at best, and the comedy isn't there as Happy Madison once again struggles to piece a movie together. The plot is fine until a ridiculous ending, and the overall product is something poor that could have been alright.
  26. Sep 6, 2014
    It's just so boring and unfunny. I almost never rate movies this low, but I'm doing it on this one. I'm a huge fan of happy Madison but this was a lazy effort from them and I'm very disappointed. Steer well clear of this one please.
  27. Mar 12, 2014
    I found "Paul Blart Mall Cop" to be a pretty funny film. It's has pretty much all aspects of a film put into it, but just not executed well enough for it to be all that great
  28. Apr 6, 2014
    I watched it . it is just a kevin james movie . he just plays himself expect he's a idiot , disapointment . but the humor is 40 % enjoyable . Grade C- or maybe a F .
  29. Nov 22, 2014
    I never understood the negative reviews for this movie. Mall Cop is just a great family movie. It has lots of good laughs it not inappropriate for young kids its just a great movie to watch with a group. Anytime this movie is on cable I can watch it. I must have seen it at least 5 times and that doesn't bother me in the least. Kevin James just seems to put out movies that are clean and funny. I hear that there is a sequel in the works and I bet it'll be funny too. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Adam Markovitz
    Has a few surprises in store. The biggest is James, an unexpectedly nimble master of the face-plant, the failed jump, and the lopsided tumble.
    It's as slam-bang preposterous as any R-rated comedy you can name. It's just that Paul Blart and the film's other characters don't feel the need to use the f-word as the building block of every sentence.
  3. Reviewed by: Luke Y. Thompson
    Done as an all-out battle to the death, this could have been an entertaining mix of "Die Hard" and "The A-Team."